Car Rental-but In Cm

Rinrada

Looks as though I may be spending a lot more time in C.M, and will need to rent or buy.

Any good suggestions?

Couple I have on tap at the Mo include :

North Wheels rent A car-

NPT-(Thai-Anglo-JV) rent a car:

Mr Order...in Thapae Gate:

Theeraphon Car rent in MoonMu:

Vhieng Ping in CharoenpR.Rd

Surachai Car Rent:

Thana Jeeps...and of course good old Queen Bee..... :D

I'd go with Budget or North Wheels. With Budget you have to kind of hunt for that major discount that will bring price levels to a more sensible level. (Like 1000 baht for a Suzuki Jeep or 1200 baht for a Toyota Xtra cab pick-up)

Cheers,

Chanchao

The likes of Budget and Avis are generally more expensive but their vehicles are usually a notch better than the others (sometimes not a lot better though)

I believe that rental rates for some of the wrecks on offer are a lot more expensive than for example Australia and NZ

AND some of these outfits (in Thailand) charge you for any new scratches they find when you return the vehicle (but they never seem to repair them anyway unless it's a major prang when of course they have to)

Personally if you are gonna be here a lot buying a cheap car might be the better way to go. You can often pick up a vehicle from a distressed sale at quite a good price.

But then you have to have somewhere to leave it when you are not here.

I've always found North Wheels to be number one in Chiang Mai. Lots of personal experience over the years, and never a reason to complain. Personal service in every way, including picking you up and dropping you off, and 24 hour roadside service anywhere in Thailand. Great rates. Nice people, too :o

http://www.northwheels.com/

I noticed that the caribbeans are currently less than 700 baht per day...

Thanks everyone...Rather thought NorthWheels was the one. :D

What about buying?

Who-where-when etc.

Nothing too smart of course maybe a nice little Missi-Bitch -SUV -4wd with a/c and pedals that khun wife can reach :o

Thanks agin.

> a nice little Missi-Bitch -SUV -4wd with a/c and pedals that

> khun wife can reach

That has Honda CRV written all over it doesn't it... ;-) They go for like 7-900,000 second hand though?

Or Suzuki Carribbean for 120-180K. ;-)

Cheers,

Chanchao