Marine Department To Study The Construction Of New Chiang Saen Port

Jai Dee

Marine Department will study the construction of new Chiang Saen Port

The Deputy Minister of Transport, Mr. Sansern Wongcha-um, has assigned the Marine Department to study in detail about the construction of new Chiang Saen Port.

Mr. Sansern says the new Chaing Saen Port is needed to be constructed soon to facilitate the growth of transport and logistic. The Deputy Permanent Secretary for Transport, Mr. Peyapan Jampasut, refers to the progress of the construction of this port, saying that it is considering the envirnomental effects. The matter is expected to propose to the Cabinet within August, and the construction will start in the next two years.

It will take two years for the construction, while the budget for the construction is estimated over one billion baht.

The first Chiang Saen Port will provide services for tourists, while the second port will be used for loading products.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 09 June 2007

no where is it stated that this ,

will not be a deep water port ,

think ferries and coastal freighters ..................

not cruise linners and container ships .

Marina? Yacht basin?

Deep water ports are usually on the ocean-not a river. Cruise liners and container ships cannot get up the mae khong

river to Chiang Saen, because of rapids somewhere-? The last dock they built there sank-?? The only traffic to CS is

small frieghters from China bringing apples and other fruit. :o

my apologies ,

there's another report about a southern port somewhere and my post was meant for that thread .

mea culpa

Maybe this thread?

bingo mate ,

move it , delete it or leave it here as a testiment to my stupidity ,

yours call

thanxs

mid

my apologies ,

there's another report about a southern port somewhere and my post was meant for that thread .

mea culpa

Maybe this thread?

bingo mate ,

move it , delete it or leave it here as a testiment to my stupidity ,

yours call

thanxs

mid

I can't move it... deleting it will stuff up the other posts in this thread... if OK with you we'll leave it as it is.

No real promplem.

At least you now know where Chaing Saen is now... :o (and maybe some other readers too).