What's Happened To Our Wonderful Isaan Forum?

lampard10

Perhaps it's because of people harping on about riding a bicycle in an average 90 degrees Faranheit temperature for 20 or 30k's.

Ok up to them if they enjoy it, but I'm guessing most people don't.

I think you (BFG) and the benevolant power drinkers in FC might agree with me here. And there is no need to hi-jack threads when they have a post of there own running in conjuction with this one.

Let's drink and be merry!

P.S. Have they enroled for the TV piss-up and will they be cycling back home in the morning??????? I very much doubt it. :D

John........

The idea of cycling is to get the muscles moving, the heart pumping, the blood flowing and generally sweat profusely............ :o and as for going 20 or 30 ks................. it´s hardly worth pulling on your cycling shorts for such a short distance!!!! It has to be 50 ks or bust............... and too hot???? Fiddlesticks............. you create your own breeze while cycling, which keeps you moderately cool.........it´s stopping for long breaks that make one hot and tired..................... :D And when the tour is over........how do you think a beer tastes THEN??????----- :bah: Anyone disagree????????????? :D

I admire your dedication and tenacity to doing what you enjoy. However I just think you might find it slightly difficult to recruit any of the locals in the FC to join you (they can barely be bothered to drive there). And any direct suggestions you might make for them to join you might result in a fatal heart attack!!!!! :D

Still keep on peddling, if I drive past a bunch of farang cycling along the roads of issan I'll know who it is......

Good luck.

John

Perhaps it's because of people harping on about riding a bicycle in an average 90 degrees Faranheit temperature for 20 or 30k's.

Ok up to them if they enjoy it, but I'm guessing most people don't.

I think you (BFG) and the benevolant power drinkers in FC might agree with me here. And there is no need to hi-jack threads when they have a post of there own running in conjuction with this one.

Let's drink and be merry!

P.S. Have they enroled for the TV piss-up and will they be cycling back home in the morning??????? I very much doubt it. :bah:

John........

The idea of cycling is to get the muscles moving, the heart pumping, the blood flowing and generally sweat profusely............ :D and as for going 20 or 30 ks................. it´s hardly worth pulling on your cycling shorts for such a short distance!!!! It has to be 50 ks or bust............... and too hot???? Fiddlesticks............. you create your own breeze while cycling, which keeps you moderately cool.........it´s stopping for long breaks that make one hot and tired..................... :bah: And when the tour is over........how do you think a beer tastes THEN??????----- ;) Anyone disagree????????????? :D

I admire your dedication and tenacity to doing what you enjoy. However I just think you might find it slightly difficult to recruit any of the locals in the FC to join you (they can barely be bothered to drive there). And any direct suggestions you might make for them to join you might result in a fatal heart attack!!!!! :o

Still keep on peddling, if I drive past a bunch of farang cycling along the roads of issan I'll know who it is......

Good luck.

John

Can I take your words to mean that they´re a load of lazy buggers across there?????? :D Just wait till I get out there....... I´ll have them all as fit as fiddles....or as dead as posts.....in no time........ :D:o

I admire your dedication and tenacity to doing what you enjoy. However I just think you might find it slightly difficult to recruit any of the locals in the FC to join you (they can barely be bothered to drive there). And any direct suggestions you might make for them to join you might result in a fatal heart attack!!!!! ;)

Good luck.

John

Can I take your words to mean that they´re a load of lazy buggers across there?????? :bah: Just wait till I get out there....... I´ll have them all as fit as fiddles....or as dead as posts.....in no time........ :o:o

Let's just say you might have more chance of finding life on mars...... :bah:

A quick look at the FC website should confirm that the majority of the regulars might not be to keen to take up your kind offer. Good luck though I would love to see Martin after a 50k cycle tour..... :D:D:D

There are a few morons (mormons) who can be seen regularaly pedalling about. You can't miss them, black pants, white shirts, crash hats and alone..... :D

John.

Do all of you cyclists have mountain bikes or do some of you also have racing bikes????? I´m thinking, obviously, about the width of the tires. I have a very good Cannondale racing bike, which I would consider taking with me when we eventually move to Thailand but am assuming that the roads/tracks in general will make it pretty useless. Better sell it and buy a good mountain bike locally??????

Do all of you cyclists have mountain bikes or do some of you also have racing bikes????? I´m thinking, obviously, about the width of the tires. I have a very good Cannondale racing bike, which I would consider taking with me when we eventually move to Thailand but am assuming that the roads/tracks in general will make it pretty useless. Better sell it and buy a good mountain bike locally??????

I have a cannondale too, but mountain bike. Just thinking about road bikes makes me want to go to sleep! But i know of a few peoples that do have road bikes in thailand and some of the roads are not so bad. The problem is with the drivers not knowing what to make of a nutter travelling at high speed on a bike.

• 2 weeks later...