Bbq Propane Tanks

PattayaMale

When I had my household furntiure shipped from the USA I shipped a nice new Weber Stainless BBQ grill. The propane tanks they have here in Thailand and those in the USA must be different becaause the tank requlator for the propane won't connect to the Thai propane. I could cut the hose and try a fit a different regulator I suppose...not sure...anyone else have an idea. The BBQ I brought was a bit expensive so I'd like to use it. Thanks

When I had my household furntiure shipped from the USA I shipped a nice new Weber Stainless BBQ grill. The propane tanks they have here in Thailand and those in the USA must be different becaause the tank requlator for the propane won't connect to the Thai propane. I could cut the hose and try a fit a different regulator I suppose...not sure...anyone else have an idea. The BBQ I brought was a bit expensive so I'd like to use it. Thanks

If it was expensive over in Amerigay, it will probably cost double or triple here... for some reason, they don't manufacture MADE IN THAILAND quality bbqs... I got one, good quality, made in Australia, at the Siam Paragon Department store in bangkok... it was on sale for 17,000 baht... a similar one in Amerigay probably would have cost less than half.

I would suggest whoever fits the hose/regulator, make certain, CERTAIN that it is done properly... the way to test, as I recally, is to extinguish all flames, smoking materials, etc... make a watery/soap solution, and put it all along the hose, valves, connections, regulator etc... then turn on the gas, and see if any bubbles come out anywhere... If not, it's a good connection... wipe off the soapy solution, and fire away.

There is a bbq store on Tepprasit Road, maybe mid-way down, on the SOUTH side of the street, on a corner, i think with a blue and white sign... maybe they can advise you properly.

Thank you Weho......by the way, CRWEHO was my auto license plate in America....Weho stood fro West Hollywood

If it was expensive over in Amerigay, it will probably cost double or triple here... for some reason, they don't manufacture MADE IN THAILAND quality bbqs... I got one, good quality, made in Australia, at the Siam Paragon Department store in bangkok... it was on sale for 17,000 baht... a similar one in Amerigay probably would have cost less than half.

I would suggest whoever fits the hose/regulator, make certain, CERTAIN that it is done properly... the way to test, as I recally, is to extinguish all flames, smoking materials, etc... make a watery/soap solution, and put it all along the hose, valves, connections, regulator etc... then turn on the gas, and see if any bubbles come out anywhere... If not, it's a good connection... wipe off the soapy solution, and fire away.

There is a bbq store on Tepprasit Road, maybe mid-way down, on the SOUTH side of the street, on a corner, i think with a blue and white sign... maybe they can advise you properly.

just cut and fit a thai regulator.

This what I had too do, but make sure you have the right regulator with auto shutoff it cost a bit more but very dependable. No way around it.........................

Dont cut the pipe, just buy a regulator with pipe and replace both, extra 100 bhat job done right or take the thing into that shop weho suggets and get them to do it!

Happy bbq ing!

Does one bring a bottle of vino??? what time are we starting??

Buy both the hose and the regulator, that's what I did, and now I have the original model should it ever be needed.

PS!

They sell the sets at all the shopping malls, and anywhere they sell gas cockers.

hope this helps :o

Morty

I've been keeping an eye out for a gas grill in the Khon Kaen area, not that i've been searching, but haven't noticed any in the usual spots. (Lotus, big C, global, home pro, gas shops.) anyone seen any up here?

also, are the ones seen elsewhere the kind with lava rocks, or the newer ones that don't use them?