DDPM Cautious Against Landslide In Chiang Rai

Jai Dee

DDPM cautious against landslide in Chiang Rai

Director-General of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM), Anucha Mokkhavesa (อนุชา โมกขะเวส), visits Chiang Rai Province and instructs the department’s provincial officials to be more cautious against landslide due to frequent rain and an earthquake.

Mr Anucha and his entourage travel to Chiang Rai to monitor the situation in areas affected by the earthquake. He also gives suggestions to the officials on the prevention of dangers caused by landslide in risky areas and says it is necessary to prepare measures to efficiently tackle landslide.

As for the restoration of Wat Phrathat Chom Kitti (พระธาตุจอมกิตติ) damaged by the earthquake in Chiang Saen (เชียงแสน) District, the director-general says the restoration has much progress.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 18 June 2007

We have had a normal amount of rain lately, but i don't see the correlation between rain and earthquakes.. I don't think the North has been over forested-here, but my leuw. The Politicians

can do a mega baht study on this so called problem. :o

We have had a normal amount of rain lately, but i don't see the correlation between rain and earthquakes.. I don't think the North has been over forested-here, but my leuw. The Politicians

can do a mega baht study on this so called problem. :o

Surely you mean an abnormal amount of rain.