U.s. Embassy Stamp Of Authenticity?

jt936

Yes, it would help to know what 'it' is. If you mean your degree certificate showing you graduated from a university, the embassy probably doesn't do that. Same with academic transcripts of the courses you took. They don't really even "notarize" income statements for their own pensioners.

The embassy probably has no staff that is trained in authenticating degrees. They won't authenticate what they don't know. See if the embassy website might tell you what services they provide for US citizens, here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/cservices/index.htm

They charge US$30 for notarial service, but a notary usually just identifies the person making the statement and says that he claimed what he said was true, not that their documents were authentic.

Good luck; I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

As far as I know the U.S. Consulate service has no authority to grant degrees (and therefore no authority to "authenticate" any educational documents- if that's what you're talking about). They could notarise documents as having been signed in their presence, etc., etc. for legal purposes.

If you'd be more clear, we could be more definite- but I'm pretty sure, as the other posters have said, that your school is clueless- which probably means you have next to no chance to work there legally.

"Steven"

They might mean a certified copy, which the embassy can do. No idea why they would want that though.

They don't really even "notarize" income statements for their own pensioners.

Stay off ther ganja PB :o . That is exactly what the embassy DOES do. You fill out the form and the embassy notarizes it to verify that it is your signature. That's all "Notarize" means. It has nothing to do with the validity of the document.

They might mean a certified copy, which the embassy can do. No idea why they would want that though.

Stay off ther ganja PB :o . That is exactly what the embassy DOES do. You fill out the form and the embassy notarizes it to verify that it is your signature. That's all "Notarize" means. It has nothing to do with the validity of the document.

I ain't smoking no ganja, Joe; you're the one who says you're smokin!!! :D

Here is the exact wording below my affirmation at the Consulate: "Subscribed and sworn to before me this 17th day of October 2006." I didn't even swear it, just affirmed it, so that part of the officer's statement violated the truth, or violated section 1 of Title 1 of the United States Code. Perhaps we can agree that whether or not he notarized it, he merely verified that it was my signature, and he didn't validate the document.

The opening post and the subject here is authentication. The only State Dept. office that can do anything close to that is an office in Washington. Who has the nerve to send their original diploma (bachelor's degree) around the world, hoping it will return? Thanks to mopenyang for the link to the office in Washington, which also appears to be able to authenticate transcripts while you wait if you appear in person at their office. What do they do, phone the registrar at the university?

As IJWT suggests, if the school demanding the authentication is this clueless, you may as well stop trying to get legally employed there.

From the US embassy website:

"Consular Officers perform notary services customarily provided by Notaries Public in the U.S. Persons requiring such services should visit the Consular Section during regular office hours. Please note that a consular officer cannot witness a will. Note also that a consular officer cannot certify that documents are valid or that statements made are true. He or she can attest only to the oath taken by the person making the statements or presenting the documents."

Basically it's signature verification and not much more.

I applied for a job at a school and they informed me that I need to go to the US embassy to get it stamped. The seal is one of authenticity. Has anyone got info on this topic????

Thanks.

If you're talking about a degree, then the Ministry of Education in Bangkok will do it for 500 baht. I had them check my high school diploma so I could enroll in school here. It took about a month. The US embassy will not do it. There isn't much they can do about anything actually.