How Do I Resize My Avatar?

Harry Palmer

Resizing Avatar Instructions

Firstly print out your avatar and glue it to a piece of plastic. Plastics are made up of polymers in the form of a carbon chain. When a compound or mixture of compounds are polymerized (i.e. when two or more small molecules combine to form larger molecules and consisting essentially of repeating structural units) a polymer is created.

Polystyrene is a polymer whose molecules are bonded together on a long chain. Heat excites the molecues causing them to move closer together, and becoming more dense. This causes the plastic to shrink.

Materials:

Avatar coated Plastic or solid polystyrene

Toaster oven

Printer

Scanner

Colored pencils, acrylic paints, speedball paint markers (water based markers don't work as well). Do not use crayons

Sandpaper

Spatula

Tongs

Oven Mitt

Straight edge scissors, designer scissiors

Hole puncher

Jump rings

Directions:

1. Sandpaper one side of the plastic completely so that it can be drawn on and colored. The plastic is too smooth so the sandpaper creates a rough surface that holds the drawing and coloring agent.

2. Round off the corners and sandpaper the edges of the plastic so that the sharp edges will not cause injury.

3. Draw or trace any design on the rough surface using the colored pencils. The more color you use and the larger the design, the more vibrant the final product will be. You can cut the plastic into any shape you like. If you wish to create a necklace,or key chain, use the hole punch to place a hole in the top part of the shrinky dink. Insert the jump ring into the hole before you bake the Avatar coated plastic.

4. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cover a metal tray with brown paper and place the shrinky dinks colored side up on the tray. Place the tray in the oven and watch it shrink. It will start to melt and curl up, but eventually unfold when it has finished shrinking. This will take between one to three minutes.

5. Remove the plastic from the oven using a spatula or tongs as soon as it uncurls or unfolds.

6. Place it on a dry hard surface and flatten it out with the spatula. The plastic will be very hot so use caution when handling. The use of an oven mitt is recommended.

7. Scan the new resized Avatar coated plastic into your computer and upload onto the TV site.

Hope this helps! :o

Thanks for the fantastic response, had hoped for a bit more help ... me being a newbie & all ... How do you know that you are fatter than me?

A majestik møøseA Møøse once bit my sister...No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse

with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given

her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and

star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo

Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst

Nordfink"...

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Are there any sensible people out there? :o

if your avatar is non-animated open it with your favourite image editor. photoshop,paint shop, paint etc

I recommend irfanview free from www.irfanview.com

when you have opened the file , find in the program where it says resize.

( in irfanview image--> resize/resample) resize it so it is within 64x64 pixels

there should be somewhere you can select pixels as the measurement.

also make sure you select preserve aspect ratio

then save as a jpeg file and upload to thai visa.

if it is an animated gif I have done a resize with photoshop 7 wich worked fine...basically following the same proceedure as above.

another tip....if you want help with anything on a computer the best thing is to go to google(or your prefered indexer) and do a few searches..people do get pissed off explaining simple things when they know that with a little bit of effort the person could have found out them selves. it also shows that they really want the knowledge.This could be the reason for the previous response.

:o

so don't ask how to animate your avatar.....do some research

:D

Thankyou stroll, most helpful. :o

stumonster ... thanks for your kind welcome to an ignorant newbie :D

The problem was that the resize option didn't work for images already uploaded, so I had to remove the av. then upload again specifying width & height. I'm sure all of this would have been explained adequately in Google ... next time then.

So why can't I embed an image in my signature then? Or should I Google that icon14.gif