220.-baht For 5 Of Us!

thaigerd

Just finished our dinner:

Roasted chicken and french fries, yummy yummy!

2 Chicken from TOPS in CENTRAL, marinated with salt, pepper and paprika powder(noble sweet), about 1 hour roasted in the oven, 1 bag of frozen fr fries, 2 can of Coke= 220.-Baht for wife, me and our dogs and all are happy.

Ok, you cannot compare with Corkscrew's Oyster and wine session but we could not go to the Oriental or Dusit dressed in underwear and T-shirt with 3 dogs and say:" A table for 5 please and our budget is 220.-Baht.........".

gallery_2733_531_39368.jpg

gallery_2733_531_38009.jpg

Gerd

I'm not a fan of the supermarket ready roasted, they tend to be really greasy with too much garlic cooked into them. My Mrs loves them though.

Roasting yourself is the way to go, I usually put some potato wedges and onions in the same pan, drizzle a little on them then a dust of salt and pepper.

I seem to recall a whole fresh chicken being a bout 60 baht at Big C Jet.

You can boil them in a big pot with the veg as well, then make soup of the liquid the next day. Cuts the fat right down.

I don't blame you for that. The only problem I have with the chickens if I get them whole is the head feet and occasionally guts thing. :D:D I am afraid I am the sanitised food sort ofperson, I would never dream of eating pigs tubes or uterus'. On occasion I pop into the thai food forum, inevitably I come away feeling a bit nauseous. Different strokes for different folks though, ourhome help turns green when I have a lump of cheese :D:o

now i know why i try to stay away from the food forum :o too many temptations....especially gerd with his cruel visuals od delectable treats grrrrr :D

Now I know where the larger chickens have gone! Went to Tops today and they only had very small chickens left. :o

I always go to the butcher to get me the freshest one out of the chilling room :D

How was ur lamb stew with the coriander btw ?

Gerd

Now I know where the larger chickens have gone! Went to Tops today and they only had very small chickens left. :o

I always go to the butcher to get me the freshest one out of the chilling room :D

Gerd

Good tip Gerd, never thought of asking the butcher. Doh!

Otherwise the lamb stew was really good although I did use a tad too much red wine. Will post the recipe soon.

Gerd

The chilling room ?? Is that the big blue box behind the vendor's table. :D

Gerd

The chilling room ?? Is that the big blue box behind the vendor's table. :D

"Walking fridge"...............ok?

Gerd