Krabi Info

BigBadSi

Hi

Ive just booked my hotel for my 1st Krabi trip and im very excited.

Im staying at Srisuksant Resort on Noppatthara beach.

As this is my first time im looking for helpful information,Id like to hire a speedboat for the day as I dont wish to do the limited time tour group thing,have you any idea of prices,id like to see "james bond island,Phi Phi islands,bamboo island and possibly a few more.

Can Railay be accessed by road or foot?,looks like an excellent chill out spot

My friend has been to Phuket and Krabi and he says Krabi blows Phuket away

Any info is greatly appreciated.

You can get to Railay by longtail boat - see other thread on this topic in this forum!!!! Not sure about speed boats - some of the divers on TV will be able to tell you. You've chosen a great beach to stay, it's peaceful and very Thai, the seafood restaurants are great and the views special. The cutest beach is after Railay - go on foot between the two beaches at Railay - Ao Phranang. Beautiful at sunset. PM me if you want any more info please. Seonai

• 4 weeks later...
I would recommend Chicken Island (Koh Kai), you can rent a boat from Aonang for about 700 Baht for one day.

Semper

I rented a longtail boat for the day a few weeks ago from Aonang and it cost us 1500 baht for the day. This was set up by my wife's cousin who works at the national park in Krabi, so I think we got as good of a deal as is available. Three years ago I remember paying 900 baht for the same day long service.

I too strongly recommend doing this. Off Chicken Island there is some wonderful snorkeling and the beaches in that area were even better than Railay but that was mostly because we visited Railay at hightide which meant there wasn't much beach space available.