Left Handers In Thailand?

jberwick

Is anyone here left handed?

I don't own my own set of clubs as I travel too much and don't want to carry them everywhere, but I'd like to golf in Thailand.

However, after I went to the driving range recently, and a few golf shops, it became quite evident that no one has ever even seen a left handed golfer in Thailand before! Of the 200 stalls at the driving range, not one was set up for a lefty.. and when I asked to borrow clubs, they went on a mad hunt to find a couple of beat up left irons for me.

So, my main question is, if I go to any golf course around Bangkok, what are the odds they will have a left handed set for me to rent?

BTW, I'm from Canada, where lefties almost rival the righties.. otherwise there'd be no one to play left wing, eh. :o

I have the same question. Sometimes being a lefty in Thailand does have disadvantages. Any suggestions?

Ask a taxi driver. I left my clubs with a taxi driver in ChiangMai and said I would be back. Well, I never did get back. So, I know there is at least 1 set of left handed clubs floating around the CM area. BTW before you jump on me for leaving a set of clubs with a taxi driver, I must explain. On a previous trip, I had the same problem finding lh clubs. Next trip I brought my own in a hard case, with the intention of putting a large "Sawaaddii Lady" in the case for the back haul and leaving clubs with driver. The driver was a long time driver for my golfing friend. The driver may or may not have the clubs and is waiting for my return. He had a falling out with my golfing friend who was the real connection with him (the driver). So, if you find the driver, you are welcome to use my clubs. There will probably be some sort of service fee involved. Afterall, he is a taxi driver. Otis