Farrang Next Door.

32x

Why did you move to issan?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:D As you probable can tell all of the above question`s are the main reasons im ganna be moving full time soon to issan.

Would love to hear any other view`s :o

ps = i have 3 fellow farrang`s not far from me,and touch wood they are really nice guy`s full of advice.

I just hope it stay`s that way.

I moved to Isaan Sept 2003 together with my thai wife from a northern country. Yet I have not seen any farang. But maybe next year. Thai people have told me, that three years ago two norwegians arrived to the market place here. They wanted to go to Mukthahan but had gone lost...

Olaus

Hi cute girl..The farrangs i dont really like to be living near would be your loud mouth type`s with no respect of the people they are now living with.

If i want that type of neighbour i would have bought or built a house in Benidorm(spanish coastal town full of lager louts). :D

Hi Jay im moving to beautifull village with great views of khao yai national park.

Did plan on moving to phimai,which i really like but this area now is just great. :o

ps= My 3 neighbour`s are from Switzerland,norway & Japan.

I moved to Isaan Sept 2003 together with my thai wife from a northern country. Yet I have not seen any farang. But maybe next year. Thai people have told me, that three years ago two norwegians arrived to the market place here. They wanted to go to Mukthahan but had gone lost...

Olaus

Olaus

where do u live?

im from Far North also...moved down to isaan -97

-Marco-

MarcoH

Answer to Your question:

I live in the Province Mahasarakham, District Wapipathum. Probably far south of You ?

The other day I met an english-speaking Thai, when I was out walking. He had a vocabulary of about 20 words but we could talk because my english is also poor - I studied english for a short time 50 years ago. He insisted that he is working as an english teacher in a school not far away from my home.

I have to confess, it is not too expensive to live here compared with the nordic countries.

MarcoH, are from some of the Mediterranean countries?

Olaus

MarcoH

Answer to Your question:

I live in the Province Mahasarakham, District Wapipathum. Probably far south of You ?

The other day I met an english-speaking Thai, when I was out walking. He had a vocabulary of about 20 words but we could talk because my english is also poor - I studied english for a short time 50 years ago. He insisted that he is working as an english teacher in a school not far away from my home.

I have to confess, it is not too expensive to live here compared with the nordic countries.

MarcoH, are from some of the Mediterranean countries?

Olaus

Olaus

Mahasarakham,,,yeah you are bit out of my daily drive...

Med country?? :o no way, Im from FINLAND in orign, havent live there abt 16yrs,,,,having say that i visit Fin.in -97 march and it was COLD,,really COLD...

-Marco-

Where about`s are you MarcoH?

32x

im living 40km out from Ubon, A.Khueng Nai

Nice and Quiet here,,, im the only farang here(Permanent Recidence),closest Farang lives abt 20km away

-Marco-

• 2 weeks later...

Got a ferang next door but one from me, Belgium guy, right pratt, tried to do the dirty on a couple of mates in the area, he is a bit better now after me giving him a slap. most ferangs in the area good guys, but there is always one.

Came to Issan (Kalasin area) to visit my Lady's family... A friend of my Lady invited us to a BBQ at the home of her and her British Husband... They told us of a house for rent one block away for only 4,000 baht... 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath very nice home with nice yard... Rented it, Moved, Love it here (Kalasin)...

So far I have met about 6 or 8 Farang's that live in the area, and all seem to be very good guys... We can live here for about 1/8 of what it would take in Bangkok, and enjoy a much better quaility of life...

Pianoman

Hi everybody guys, this is my first message in this forum and hope not to do mistakes writing in english.

I will be in Isaan the number 3 of August to see my girlfriend's family.

I hope to have a great time and see something i never seen before in my life

bye bye :o:D

I moved to Isarn 1 month ago, but fly down to Bangkok every week still, due to working a couple of days. I get more money for 2 days there than I would at Khon Kaen Uni for 5 days. Seems worth it up til now.

There are no farang near me, that I have seen yet. I live on the outskirts of Khon Kaen. I'm sure there are some. A couple came into the restaurant where my wife works, which is central. Actually It is only 5 min on a bike fromthe rest. to my house. Name is Namfon House and is a nice air-con rest. on Langsoon Ratchagan.

I am there most evenings during the week.

I find it strange that the farang I have seen so far are not willing to strike up a conversation. Admittedly I have only spoken to two, and passed a couple without saying anything. Maybe it is a greng jai thing. I used to get a bit annoyed in Bangkok when someone would come up to me and say "where are you from mate?". Not anymore.

I quit drinking 4 years ago, so don't go around the bars like I used to. That is how I used to meet fellow farang. Also being married and with a daughter doesn't allow it. If anyone is from the area, send me a message or come round for a drink/meal.

I am there most evenings during the week.

I find it strange that the farang I have seen so far are not willing to strike up a conversation. Admittedly I have only spoken to two, and passed a couple without saying anything. Maybe it is a greng jai thing. I used to get a bit annoyed in Bangkok when someone would come up to me and say "where are you from mate?". Not anymore.

I quit drinking 4 years ago, so don't go around the bars like I used to. That is how I used to meet fellow farang. Also being married and with a daughter doesn't allow it. If anyone is from the area, send me a message or come round for a drink/meal.

Why not try a post at the Isaan Forum part of this site? Might find a few new friends.

Both Udon and KK have a website that seem quite lively with Western Visitors.

Hope that may help

Why not try a post at the Isaan Forum part of this site? Might find a few new friends.

Both Udon and KK have a website that seem quite lively with Western Visitors.

Hope that may help

:o

I was confused there for a second Cutethaigirl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, i live in Buriram for some years and i never had problems with any falangs or thai . It is a quite town. Not so far from Surin or Korat. Nice country side. Not so much falangs in this area.

Bye and see you in Buriram.

Balou

• 3 weeks later...