Yellow Tabien Bahn Process

seykota

Has anyone applied for a Yellow Tabien Bahn? What was the process?

I live in Nong Bua Lamphu and would like to have a "Yellow Book" as we never know when requirements regarding renewing our visa may change or other unexpected issues (TIT). I can accept any hassle that may be involved for the added peace of mind. I have always found the punters at the local Amphur office easy to get along with and have provided some "tea money" in the past.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Office has it's own rules and time table. I was told by the building permit office that I needed a Tabien Baan as part of the requirement for a house building permit in MY name. I already had a Thai Drivers license, O-A visa, and a good relationship with the "Orbortor" and the "assistant Orbortor" of our village. I had my wife telephone the government office in the nearby larger town and she wrote down what papers we needed to bring (BOTH ORIGINAL AND COPIES). It took a total of 2 visits to the government office on one day and at 9a.m. the very next day the "boss man" had signed my Yellow Tabien Baan and there was no fee. I could be missing a few items but I do remember the following:

The two local officials we brought had to have original and copies of their government i.d.'s These two officials vouched for my character and where I lived in a rental house.

Pua Yah Baan and Pushay Baan (I am way off on the village official titles) were perhaps who we brought. Your wife should double check on which TWO officials to bring to vouch for you.

Bring 4 passport size color photos. Bring original and copies of your PASSPORT, VISA, TM 6 (DEPARTURE CARD) , Latest Tm 47 if you have such, and perhaps Thai Drivers License and Marriage Certificate (two sided copy). Some of these official documents verify your physical address. Your office might not require ALL of the above, but it has been my experience to have many copies and originals when dealing with Thailand Government offices. SOME ITEMS MUST BE 2 SIDED COPIES such as the TM 6.

In my case my wife brought all of her "paper work". The office staff claimed they had only done this one time for a Farang, so they consulted a book. It was all smiles and I would have had the yellow book the same day, but the "boss man" was out and he promptly signed the book early the next morning. This Yellow House book was obtained from the same staff near our village that issued the government marriage certificate.

NOTE ON PARK FEES. Your Thai Drivers License allows you to have normal fees, not VISITOR or TOURIST fees.

I would like to add that the expense, time and hassle of obtaining a Building Permit in a Farang Name and Yellow House book was a small fraction of the MAJOR expense and many MONTHS long time frame of obtaining a building permit for a home in California. It cost LESS to build a comfortable two or three bedroom home in a village or small town in Thailand than just the cost of "papers and permits" necessary for an AVERAGE custom home in Northern California. So what if we have to make some 50 Satang copies of a few papers, in California we practically have to pay an permit expediter full time to weave through the permit process, multiple agency hurdles, and permit hearings to build any home.

Having recently built a house I decided to apply at our local Ampure for a Tor Lor Sip Sam (Yellow House Book) haveing read on several Expat forums that this Type of house book may at some time be of some help. This is what I went through to finally receive the Tor Lor Sip Sam …… Once the house was finished My wife and myself went to the Local Ampure accompanied by our Village Poo Yai Ban , here the Poo Yai Ban had to show his ID and give a photo copy he was asked by the house registration officer how long had he known us, and to confirm that in fact we had built a house in his village. My wife had to show her ID and her old Blue house book (showing where she was currently living) plus a photocopy. An application form was then filled out and the wife signed it, and was told to return in a week’s time to receive her new house book.

We went back one week later and she was given the new house book for the house we had just finished building. For me to obtain my Yellow house book I had to do the following, at the same Ampure Office I had to provide ……

My wife’s new blue house book and one photocopy

Our Marriage certificate plus a translation into Thai plus one photocopy of each

The wife’s ID plus one photocopy

Show my passport plus one photocopy

My private health Insurance members card plus a translation into Thai and one photocopy, (not sure why I was asked to show Private Medical Insurance)

My Thai Driving license plus a translation into Thai plus one photocopy (again not sure why I was asked to show this)

Two recent passport size photographs

A form was then filled out and we were told that the house registration officer would telephone us when the new Yellow House Book was ready to pick up. We received a call from the registration officer 5 Day’s later that the new yellow House Book was ready to pick up, so we went along to the Ampure where the Officer issued the new yellow house book to me. As for the cost at the Ampure when my wife asked the officer how much we had to pay the officer said no charge, but if we wanted to we could put some thing into the Ampure’s donation box on the way out, which we did

All in all getting the new yellow house book was not too bad fortunately in our small

Village there is an internet shop where the owner could do the English to Thai translations and could print them of official looking paper.

So far I’ve used my yellow house book Two times which saved me from having to obtain an address confirmation letter from Immigration,

But as always when dealing with a Government office the above may not be the same

Requirements if you should apply for the Yellow House Book, as always when dealing with officials’ always expect the unexpected and you won’t go far wrong.

Has anyone applied for a Yellow Tabien Bahn? What was the process?

I live in Nong Bua Lamphu and would like to have a "Yellow Book" as we never know when requirements regarding renewing our visa may change or other unexpected issues (TIT). I can accept any hassle that may be involved for the added peace of mind. I have always found the punters at the local Amphur office easy to get along with and have provided some "tea money" in the past.

Hi Seykota

I have obtained a yellow house book Tabien Bahn but not without jumping through a lot of hoops...

If you happen to live up country and are the first to apply in your area you are in fact the trailblazer along with the local staff. Typical Thai face problem they will not admit that they do not know what to do and will demand more and more paperwork just to get rid of you , this results in you then being passed up the chain of command each having their say along the way and demanding more obscure paperwork.

At the end of the day what really cracked it was a letter of residency issued by the British Embassy translated into Thai and then stamped by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Bangkok.

Once this was obtained all of sudden no more problems and things moved fast. i.e. they had the ultimate authority and nobody could get their a**e kicked for doing anything wrong.

Obtaining this magic rubber stamp mark from Min of FA, was simplicity itself they are well set up for this task and after copying all the paperwork said did I want to pay 800 baht and collect it in a few hours of 500 baht and have it sent home EMS.

Being a cheap Charlie I went for the mail option!!

But it does pay to have several copies of every piece of paperwork you can think of just in case.

TBWG :o

Does anyone know if by obtaining the yellow tabian ban, whether the 90 day address reporting is no longer required?

Thai Immigration doesn't give a s*** about your Tabien Baan;it's another Office altogether!

The 90 day report is necessary. :o

Does anyone know if by obtaining the yellow tabian ban, whether the 90 day address reporting is no longer required?

Thai Immigration doesn't give a s*** about your Tabien Baan;it's another Office altogether!

The 90 day report is necessary. :D

Ok, fair enough, another office issues it. But when you go to immigration for your extension, if you supply a yellow book along with your extension documentation, then will they see that as no need for a 90 day report slip in your passport? I ask this because I met someone who insists that he has never done a 90 report in the past 3 years and never left the country. He has obtained 3 "Support Thai Wife" extensions, 2 in Bangkok and one in Korat. The only thing different in his case that I can see is that he has a yellow Tabian Ban. :o

I still can't get it clear in my mind where the advantage is in having a yellow book as opposed to the blue book. What improves?

Hi Ray,

The difference between the two (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), is the that Blue book is for Thai nationals or persons holding Thai citizenship; whereas the yellow book is for foreigners maintaining residency or ownership of a condo or house (but not the land the house sits on).

In my case, my wife has a house (blue) book naming her as owner. But I "may" also register as owner of the house but will be issued a yellow book. At least that's how it was explained to me. I'll know more next week when I go the Tessbahn to apply for the yellow book.

BTW, missed you at Su's party... :o

Ya I really wanted to go, but with these Thai lesson's you miss a day and you really have to play catch up. About 20 weeks into it now, so I'm dragging muself there a lot of times when I'm not really into it. Fortunaltely the instructor seem to be able to keep up you enthused to to get through the bad days.

Ya I really wanted to go, but with these Thai lesson's you miss a day and you really have to play catch up. About 20 weeks into it now, so I'm dragging muself there a lot of times when I'm not really into it. Fortunaltely the instructor seem to be able to keep up you enthused to to get through the bad days.

Oh yeah I forgot, well I hope to start next term, basic Thai. Anyway, back to the tabien bahn. Talking to Val yesterday, he mention that once upon a time the tamien bahn was accepted in lieu of 90 day report (or something to that effect). How true this is I don't know, but it would seem common sense that if you have proof of residence in the form of a yellow book issued by a government agency that it would be acceptable to immigration of an individual's residency status...TIT :o

Hello,

I'm also interested and will try it next week. (tips from your experience appreciated since I'm also outside udon.)

There is a farang in my village (unfortunately) and the family all swears he got his name on the blue tabian bahn along with his wife after finishing his house. Ever heard of that? I haven't seen it and he is not in Thailand atm.

Thanks!

ps- need a projector? see classifieds!

(typo edited)

Edited by Kwarium

This morning the wife and I went to the tesaban (Udon city hall) to inquire about the process for the tabien bahn. In no time we saw an official who looked at my documentation and was satisfied with what I presented him. He scheduled us an appointment for 0900 on Monday and ask to return with the documentation and two witnesses (the official specified that the witnesses could be family, friends or neighbors, anyone who could verify who we are). My documentation:

-marriage certificate, original & copy (ours from US, translation not necessary)

-wife's tabien bahn (blue) + copy

-wife's ID + copy

-my passport + copy & and a translated copy of my passport (information page only, he did however verify my visa (Non-Imm O)

-fee, forgot to ask

I'll report back on Monday.

Hello,

I'm also interested and will try it next week. (tips from your experience appreciated since I'm also outside udon.)

There is a farang in my village (unfortunately) and the family all swears he got his name on the blue tabian bahn along with his wife after finishing his house. Ever heard of that? I haven't seen it and he is not in Thailand atm.

Thanks!

ps- need a projector? see classifieds!

(typo edited)

My name is also on the blue tabian bahn.

I am mentioned in there as being the legal father of our daughter.

Nothing special about that.

Great info Rito! Sounds like minimum hassle. Hope it goes smoothly on Monday.

If we can be added to regular tabian bahns, why are we getting the yellow 13?

If it shows home ownership, seems like we would need more proof/ documentation?

:o

Great info Rito! Sounds like minimum hassle. Hope it goes smoothly on Monday.

If we can be added to regular tabian bahns, why are we getting the yellow 13?

If it shows home ownership, seems like we would need more proof/ documentation?

:o

Hi

It does not prove ownership of a property it is just proof that you have a permanent place of residence.

A yellow house book also enables you to buy a motorcycle or for that matter any motor vehicle and register it in your own name.

Also I have found that producing the Yellow Tabien Baan when dealing with any Thai beaurocracy (spl) seems to smooth things over.

TBWG :D

For my Tabien Ban in Khon kaen i needed:

Copy of Passport and Visa + translation in Thai

Copy of the blue TB and ID-Card of the property owner

Copy of the Registration with police and Immigration

My Personal Data and my parents personal data in Thai

Photo

Copy ID-Card and Tabien Ban of a witness

This morning the wife and I went to the tesaban (Udon city hall) to inquire about the process for the tabien bahn. In no time we saw an official who looked at my documentation and was satisfied with what I presented him. He scheduled us an appointment for 0900 on Monday and ask to return with the documentation and two witnesses (the official specified that the witnesses could be family, friends or neighbors, anyone who could verify who we are). My documentation:

-marriage certificate, original & copy (ours from US, translation not necessary)

-wife's tabien bahn (blue) + copy

-wife's ID + copy

-my passport + copy & and a translated copy of my passport (information page only, he did however verify my visa (Non-Imm O)

-fee, forgot to ask

I'll report back on Monday.

This a follow up of today's appointment. The process took approximately an hour. Same documentation as above except added copy of visa page (non-imm O), and copy of my son and daughter page's in my wife's tabein bahn (blue book). During the application process I was asked for my parents names, but didn't have to show any documentation proving their names.

Yellow book should be ready by the end of the week and still don't know if I have pay a fee for this service.

has anyone had to get the ID page of your passport certified by the foreign ministers office on chang wattana in bangkok after it was translated to Thai?

Barry

No never in my case, but then only required to provide a translation on two occasions. One for my tabien bahn and the other was for my daughter's birth certificate when she was born.

• 4 weeks later...

My yellow book experience in Udon, so far...

1. Went in with all the documents mentioned in this thread except passport translation. (No health card required.)

2. Was told I'd need the passport translation and name and address of my parents, also translated.

3. Set an appointment date for the following week to come back with two witnesses and the puyai bahn!

(Couldn't talk her out of the latter.)

4. Went upstairs to the marriage section and sweet talked them into finding my marriage files. They were bundled in a stack on top of a cabinet in an open air shed behind the building. The guy had to literally climb up into the cobwebs , but somehow we found it after searching through only three tied bundles of forms. Made copies of the Thai and English, embassy certified copies of parent information that were required for the marriage. (Profuse thanks and 100 Bt to the dusty guy from the second floor!)

5. Got the passport translation done at a local English shop/school. (Nice guy and Thai wife; name card misplaced.) She had some sort of official stamp.

6. Attend the scheduled meeting with two witnesses (mother in law and neighbor), landowner (my wife), and puyai bahn. One hour meeting at desk #6 just inside from the copy machine room. Lots of interview questions although it broke down to just chatting at some point. All the while an assistant is typing a two page document that is a synopsis of the documents and interview answers. All present needed to sign the completed document.

7. Originally had been told the book would be ready in a week, but am now told "We'll call you."

8. A week later I called and was told it would be done in about a month, and "We'll call you."!

I guess as always, ymmv and TIT! :o

My yellow book experience in Udon, so far...

7. Originally had been told the book would be ready in a week, but am now told "We'll call you."

8. A week later I called and was told it would be done in about a month, and "We'll call you."!

I guess as always, ymmv and TIT! :o

Kwarium,

I was told the same thing, ready in a week. It's been almost 4 weeks and still haven't received mine. The wife was up there yesterday to inquire about it. She was told that it was approved but not processed due to other priorities.