Opinions About Satit Bilingual School In Rangsit

Thailsacien

Hello everyone, that's my first post on this forum.

I'm the father of 2 thai/french girls - 6 and 8 - who go to a thai private school. The english program is quite good (5 hours/week in A.3 and P.2, respectively). Unfortunately this school is primary only and we will have to find a new one in the future. I think it would be better to change now (i.e. next year) for P.1 and P.3.

Looking on the Web, I found Satit Bilingual School in Rangsit quite interesting.

Has somebody any experience with this school?

Many thanks for your answers

Edited by Thailsacien

I don't know the Rangsit area, but I can tell you that Satit is quite a common word in Thai school names, so I'm guessing that "Satit Bilingual School" isn't the full name. I may be wrong, but if I'm not, you'd have more chance of a reply if you gave the full school name. But either way, the first thing to do is to go there and make sure you are allowed a good look around, and this should be at a time when the kids are in their classes, so you can form an informed impression.

I had a quick look at the link and two things hit me. First, that the level of English used is quite high (a good sign), but with significant mistakes (not a good sign). Secondly, the school is connected to a university (generally a good sign). I'm afraid I can't help you any further. There is a 'Teaching in Thailand' forum where you might get some better information.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a teacher at Satit. Yep, that's our full name Satit Bilingual School of Rangsit University. What specific questions do you have?

P.S. If you speak with teachers, come to the Secondary building, and hang out by yourself and observe the classes . That will give you a chance to talk to us without a Thai/Administration person. We'll give you a straight no B.S. answer. Remember, this is a Thai managed school. Us farangs are well intentioned but have no power. That will answer your first question when you find that principals leave 

very year. We are on our 4th one or so in 3 years. Eventually the thai management gets people so frustrated they leave. I like the new principal. He is a friend and a straight shooter. He has been here since day one (one of the very few that remain) If you talk to him he won't sugar coat things. I hope he doesn't get run into the ground like the others.

You will find B.S in every school, unless you pick a really good expensive one like Harrow's. At Satit it'll cost you 200k+/Year/Child.

Edited by satitteacher

My quick perusal of the website didn't find any mistakes in spelling. Two words ran together, and the syntax was a little awkward, but otherwise clear enough for a farang parent to clearly understand.

I love it when schools publish an academic calendar for the school year on the website. It's subject to change, of course, but many schools don't even tell their Thai or farang teachers from one day to the next.