A Humble Request To Close This Forum Section

kwiz117

My interest in asking the original question that I had about "Thin vs. Heavy" representation has mostly to do with understanding the history of Buddhism. And so by understanding this history, understand a little more about Thailand's people.

And besides the cultural education, it's a very interesting history and well-preserved.

I hope that we can continue to discuss this in order to learn more.

kenk3z

:o kwizz117..Having read your post`s you are someone that i would ask advice for regarding Buddhism.

As a complete novice my main means of learning are books ,internet & my Thai Gf,who has been very helpfull with do`s & dont`s when visiting a temple.

So dont you think this forum has some value if you are giving good advice for the novice who really want`s to learn Buddhism?

:D

Sorry, I am not good in Buddhism to teach someone. Reason is, my knowledge in Buddhism is very limited and I do not ready to practice it.

I know a one knowledgeable person (andyk )in this section and he said that he used to teach Buddhism. I have ready his replies and in my opinion he is the one and only person that I can recommend you among all these different names in this section.

Why I requested admins to stop this section was to stop the hidden campaign behind this forum section?

Until I highlight it, they did it in a very nice hidden way. But all of a sudden, anyone can now read it if you browse through the most active topics here.

My interest in asking the original question that I had about "Thin vs. Heavy" representation has mostly to do with understanding the history of Buddhism. And so by understanding this history, understand a little more about Thailand's people.

And besides the cultural education, it's a very interesting history and well-preserved.

I hope that we can continue to discuss this in order to learn more.

kenk3z

Not only you. I also opened that topic to see the views about the shape of Buddha statues. Not only that, even the shape of temples, stupa's etc. It’s an interesting subject to talk.

But this forum has lost all credibility. No one here even moderate this section. This simply promote some people's personal interests and frustrations.

I can also see where the 'mixing' of other schools of Buddhism, e.g., Zen and Tibetan Buddhism, on this branch might make a born Theravada Buddhist feel uncomfortable. Thailand isn't just 'Buddhist', it's a staunchly Theravadin country for better or worse.

That i would surely like to follow sabaijai :D .

Just as protestants despise christians or jehova's witnesses, They all keep refering to that same old book. Long wars have been and are still being fought over this :o . It's like horses with blinds on......

I'm sure Kwiz feels like we rock his world with views based on divers buddhist traditions and some extrapolations i like to make to other similar belief systems like Tao, Zen, and Even Tantra.

Maybe he can see this time not as a fight but as a challenge to open his eyes and mind...... :D

Wisdom is gained the quickest in troublesome times :D

Now you are talking about a revolution. So you pick another point from someone else to hang into. Very funny.

We do not have any problems with these Branches of Buddhism. It's not like people getting converted to another religion. Thailand, Sri Lanka has very strong ties with China and Japan. I have seen many Chinese Temples here in Thailand. So I should say that's another imagination of yours.

BTW, how did you quote your self as "WE". Do you really practice Buddhism. If so, what you do to practice Buddhism.

Frankly speaking, I am not practicing Buddhism. Reason is I know little bit of Buddhism and also know that my lifestyle prevents me from practicing that little bit I know.

"Why I requested admins to stop this section was to stop the hidden campaign behind this forum section?

Until I highlight it, they did it in a very nice hidden way. But all of a sudden, anyone can now read it if you browse through the most active topics here."

Let's do some straight talk here, so far you have been taken seriously and several people made attempts to understand and communicate withyou in a respectful manner, not least because you state to be a SriLankan Buddhist, although you got some facts wrong before yourself, name of Thai king you were referring to in an older topic was off a couple of centuries, for example, not very bright for somebody who knows better than everybody else.

Now the quality of your posts is rapidly going downhill. Besides being offensive to other posters, you come out with some conspiracy theory, and the only 'proof' you can present is that Darknight got into an argument with you, stretched out over several threads.

I start to think I was giving you far too much respect and credibility up to now, look at yourself for a moment and stop accusing others!

What I say is, stop this forum section where people like you can easily misdirect others about a Subject where they have to learn, read or practice with dedication and with proper guidance

People with small minds and blinds for their eyes like you probably.

Still living in Dreams yourself i see.

Why don't you give your ALL knowing SRI LANKAN HERITAGE buddhism sholarship here then ? Like your All knowing IT knowledge :D

Both are based on the same dream, an accountant being an IT director , pfffff :o

Probably the first thing you will come up with is that you only qualify when you are a theravada monk and have read all the scriptures for 50 years, then you can answer a question.

Your complete concept of how and what people should or should not do , actually proves that you haven't gotten the point at all.

Maybe in another Hundred lives :D 555555555

A frustrated Jobless Cheap Charli with no formal qualifications to understand how a Chartered Accountant with the Membership of British Computer Society can work in IT field.

BTW, assembling a PC or installing software to it is not Rocket Science. Why are you keep on mentioning this?

Have I ever helped you to install your PC? If you are brave enough, answer that question.

Let's do some straight talk here, so far you have been taken seriously and several people made attempts to understand and communicate withyou in a respectful manner, not least because you state to be a SriLankan Buddhist, although you got some facts wrong before yourself, name of Thai king you were referring to in an older topic was off a couple of centuries, for example, not very bright for somebody who knows better than everybody else.

Now the quality of your posts is rapidly going downhill. Besides being offensive to other posters, you come out with some conspiracy theory, and the only 'proof' you can present is that Darknight got into an argument with you, stretched out over several threads.

I start to think I was giving you far too much respect and credibility up to now, look at yourself for a moment and stop accusing others!

I simply do not know what you are talking. Now, do not try to confuse people here by referring other topics. Just go to that topic, use QUOTE and then ask the question. I know what you are upto. :o

I have answered all the questions and put down my points. What happened was it contradicted with the campaign some of you were running here. Just accept it.

Ok. Let's say that you really are knowledgeable with Buddhist Philosophy. Then on what basis you disagree with each an every reply I posted here. Answer that.

Frankly speaking, I am not practicing Buddhism. Reason is I know little bit of Buddhism and also know that my lifestyle prevents me from practicing that little bit I know.
So maybe it's time to just shut up now ???
Chartered Accountant with the Membership of British Computer Society can work in IT field.

Your whole line just says it, You're a member of a computer society :o

I run rings around you Kasun.

Sorry have to go and Demote a Ad DC, do some OWA work, and make some trust between domains now :D

ps : Maybe you can look it up what it means :D

hello hello,

for those of those that are interested, keep the forum; most people here seem intelligent and able to separate the wheat from the chaff; secondly, kwiz, u just said youre not buddhist so apart from andy who is living in katmandu as a monk or teacher, and a few others who seem to know some of what they are talking about, just simmer down a bit , no one is insulting any one on purpose except you for the moment!! we are trying to understand u, but oh well, mai pen rai....

BTW one of the foremost teachers of theravada buddhism in american university was the ven. walpola sri rahula and he was from sri lanka and wrote tons of books for the layman; check out amazon.com etc for list.

secondly kwiz: we jews have a saying: with three jews in an arguement there are at least 7 opinions among them.... just agree to disagree and enjoy the discussion and thanx to darknight, sabaijai, ken, andyk et al.......

ps my user name is my real name never change never hide :o

So maybe it's time to just shut up now ???

Chartered Accountant with the Membership of British Computer Society can work in IT field.
Your whole line just says it, You're a member of a computer society :o

I run rings around you Kasun.

Sorry have to go and Demote a Ad DC, do some OWA work, and make some trust between domains now :D

ps : Maybe you can look it up what it means :D

I understand your level of knowledge about the British Computer Society. :D:wub:

I do not want to waste time with people like you. It's not a club like you think. :D

It is the leading professional computer body in UK. Now do not go and insult it as it is with Royal Chrater and acredited by all leading universities in the world.

So why you skipped my question? Who are you and what you do in Thailand?

I think you are one of the guys I have helped in this forum for something. If so, I should say that I have done a big mistake.