I'm In Buriram

Lourens

Give me a call: 09 660-3011.

Maybe we can meet for a beer.

Hi Lourens,

welcome back to Buriram, oh by the way many thanks for that info ref. r/c aroeplane,did get from buriram and will update later on my origional thread,

am off to bangkok later for 4 days but when get back to Buriram will give you a shout and we can meet up for a beer.

cheers :o

I'm outside in a village. Baan SapSomBoon. That's about 5 minutes from the center of town.

I can only check for new posts every couple of days as I do not have an internet connection at home yet. I look forward to meeting other farangs and exchange ideas.

• 1 month later...

I also live outside Burirum ina village called Ompore Krasang between Burirum and Surin. Been here for a little over three years now.

I am a retired U.S. Marine 44 years old, I love to fish and try and do so almost daily.

How long have you been in the Burirum Area? Know any good fishing spots? I am leaving this weekend to go to Malaysia to do the visa run but will be back around the 18th or 19th. Cell number is 06 138 2591 and name is Dan Lanier

• 2 months later...
I would love to meet a fellow South African! Please call me or PM me with a number I could call to arrange a braaivleis.

There is another Sth African/Aussie there......name of Barry....Lives just outside of Baan Kruat....not far from Prakhonchai....the farangs there have a get together Monday nights in Baan Kruat.

Well there you go. Now they start crawling out of the woodwork. I had a call from a South African in Surin too. Now we need to coordinate and all get together somewhere. I already have the guy in Surins' number and can contact him. What about Barry? Can I contact him by phone? If so, PM me his number. I will try to get to Baan Kruat on Monday but I'm not sure where exactly to go.

Well there you go. Now they start crawling out of the woodwork. I had a call from a South African in Surin too. Now we need to coordinate and all get together somewhere. I already have the guy in Surins' number and can contact him. What about Barry? Can I contact him by phone? If so, PM me his number. I will try to get to Baan Kruat on Monday but I'm not sure where exactly to go.

Sorry I dont have it....he lived here in Oz for a long time after leaving SA.....In Baan Kruat, if you go to Daengs litttle food shop, Thats where the farangs meet on Monday nights....someone will steer you in the right direction....he actually lives in Baan Kodin Tai....about 7 kms out of Baan Kruat. I think he is actually a Pom but lived in SA for a long time from young and was in the Police force there.

He is well known in Baan Kruat townsite....Daengs is on the right heading to Lahansai and on the left heading to Prakhonchai.....Coming from Prakhonchai on the main road....there is the intersection with a temple on the right and then a government building......Daengs is about 100 metres further on...Just a small stall offering farang food.

Thanks for the directions. I will try to get there soon. There are quite a few of these little farang shops opening up now and it makes a nice change from Thai food all the time. I do like Thai food very much but one does get the craving for well known confort foods once in a while and when one can then go out and buy it, it makes live very livable in these parts. Now no one can complain anymore.

farang connection Surin is the place for a beer.

I have to agree there. Its probably the best "farang" oriented place for about 200km. :o

I had my "Jungle Holiday" and came up for air and a breakfast.

Nice to see Bronco's Avtar on the wall in full size.

Mmmm . . . Maybe if I start to make all those Koeksisters, vetkoek, boerewors and biltong, I can start my own sideline. Will there be any takers?

I just have to get to that "Farang Connection" now. All this free advertising is working! Good on you :o

Thanks for the directions. I will try to get there soon. There are quite  a few of these little farang shops opening up now and it makes a nice change from Thai food all the time. I do like Thai food very much but one does get the craving for well known confort foods once in a while and when one can then go out and buy it, it makes live very livable in these parts. Now no one can complain anymore.

Best I can do.....

Daeng is a nice bloke, speaks good english. But really almost anyone there would help you out....There are a few farangs living there now compared to 10 years ago. Barry and myself were some of the first farangs to visit there on a regular basis.