Purchase A Puppy In Chiang Rai ?

wileycoyote

My children would like a puppy.

At home we have a very affectionate Lhasa Apso .

Can you please recommend where we should buy a small dog good with children.

We can travel to Mae Chan or Chiang Saen if required .

:o Wiley Coyote

Try out the night bazaar.

A little tiny, I think these dogs are more like little house dogs carried about like a baby.

Thank you,tayto

Any recommendations for a vet ?

There a vetinary hospital if you turn right at the first set of traffic lights after the ha yek, (5 juction crossing at the monument )going to Maesai.

Not far from the catholic school.

also check out this previous discussion.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=68174&st=0

Edited by tayto

Try to consider getting a Pug. They are so deliciously ugly and they seem to have a very stable temperament.

Try out the night bazaar.

A little tiny, I think these dogs are more like little house dogs carried about like a baby.

Thank you,tayto

Any recommendations for a vet ?

There a vetinary hospital if you turn right at the first set of traffic lights after the ha yek, (5 juction crossing at the monument )going to Maesai.

Not far from the catholic school.

also check out this previous discussion.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=68174&st=0

would you consider adopting a thai dog?

theres no need to spend unless you want a certain breed. the temples are full of strays and baby puppies as well, i believe, that you could rescue. and as long as they were quite young, there'd be no trauma, and thus be good for kids.

theres no need to spend unless you want a certain breed. the temples are full of strays and baby puppies as well, i believe, that you could rescue. and as long as they were quite young, there'd be no trauma, and thus be good for kids.

Dear Buddhafly,

Yes ,that would be fine.A puppy would please both girls.

Are there any particular wats ,we should go to ?

Edited by wileycoyote

i'm not sure, but the common word is that when thais dont want dogs anymore they dump them at a wat. those dogs then have puppies.

sorry cant specify a certain one.

but you could also contact soi dog rescue http://www.soidogrescue.org/ they have an adoption service

also the thai spca (society for prevention of cruelty to ani,\mals)

Thank you buddhafly will check it out

Rgds

Hi,

I think you can go to any temple and check if there are puppies around. If/when you find one you and your family like, you can ask the monks if it's ok to adopt against a back of dog food or the like for the other temple dogs as donation.

I suggest, though, to choose a puppy from which the mother dog is known and which is friendly and not fearful.

Fear can already be brought over on the puppies while they are still in the tummy. Also, once born the puppies can very quickly pick up the fearful behavior of their mother, which can have influence on them for the rest of their lives.

I've already have had in boarding several of these pups. It's not easy to get this fear out of the dog, once it has established at such a young age.

If you prefer your dog not to wander, but to stay inside a fenced area, I suggest to adopt a pup around the age of about 8 weeks. Older pups may have developed the freedom in their blood already so much that it can become quite difficult to keep them in a restricted area.

Wish you lots of fun with your new puppy,

Nienke

Edited by Nienke