BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
ChiangMaiThai

Adsl In Chiang Mai

Does anyone know all the companies that offer ADSL in Chiang Mai? (Is there more than one?) I can tell you that TT&T is one. I'm looking for an alternative.

Please note that I am not looking for simple resellers, but actual providers. For example, CMNet is simply a reseller for TT&T so whenever you have a problem with CMNet, they tell you to talk to TT&T. I'm not interested in these companies... Thanks.

Only one I have come across is TT&T & their office in Airport Plaza. Be aware though that many areas are "over subscribed" and connect speeds are not all that good. (Internet cafes in your area are a bad sign.)

I investigated it for both home & business, but home is too far from a connect point & business area has no free lines.

I'm using TT&T now and am having a ###### of a time trying to get an IP phone to work with it. I've got friends in BKK on TRUE and Samart who use this same phone no problem. TT&T is good for regular Internet, but apparently its got some problems with IP phones.

They actually told me I should try their competitors:

You can try on new ISP such as CSLoxinfo or KSC ADSL package.I think it may be better.CSLoxinfo 053-400340,053-400354,053-225345 KSC 053-892600.The package is not so expensive and maybe solve yours ploblem

P1P, you might look into these two. Although, CSLoxinfo got some terrible reviews in another thread...

KSC gets good reviews from the few -- well, exactly three -- people I know who are using their DLS program. I may give it a try in a month or so, too busy now to go through application and installation.

Anyone heard anything negative about KSC DSL?

KSC gets good reviews from the few -- well, exactly three -- people I know who are using their DLS program. I may give it a try in a month or so, too busy now to go through application and installation.

Three out of three is good. I wonder what its like price wise compared to the 1000 baht a month unlimited from TSpeed. I'll try to find out today...

Three out of three is good. I wonder what its like price wise compared to the 1000 baht a month unlimited from TSpeed. I'll try to find out today...

Here are the prices. One of the three people who have given good feedback on KSC is a thaivisa.com member, Lordfoul, in an earlier thread.

Another was an American who uses broadband for his work daily and has had KSC for quite awhile. He said the speed varied a bit but for the most part no dropouts, etc. He thought it was the best thing going and seemed like he knew what he was talking about. CMT you're our offical broadband guinea pig by now, why don't you give it a try and report back? :o

KSC DSL prices

Here are the prices. One of the three people who have given good feedback on KSC is a thaivisa.com member, Lordfoul, in an earlier thread.

Another was an American who uses broadband for his work daily and has had KSC for quite awhile. He said the speed varied a bit but for the most part no dropouts, etc. He thought it was the best thing going and seemed like he knew what he was talking about. CMT you're our offical broadband guinea pig by now, why don't you give it a try and report back? :o

KSC DSL prices

Thanks for the price list. The problem is that now I am on TSpeed for only 1000 baht a month and it finally works quite well. I get 100k to 400k and downloads around 50. But of course the one major problem is that apparenlty it won't work with Vonage. I guess I could pay 2,500 and have a slower connection that TSpeed, but would probably save more money in long distance calls....

Jesus, is anything ever simple and straight forward here?

I probably will end up trying it. I'm quite happy to sacrifice my time and money for the good of those who dare not venture where I boldly go.

7,500 a month for 512/256. Unbelievable. How are they going to compete with the likes of TSpeed? I don't think many other people are in my same situation. If I didn't need the phone, I would never consider KSC.

We have ordered a subscribtion with TOT. They offer 256/128 for 500 and 512/256 for 700 baht a month. Our order was made in February, and from the webpage http://www.tot.co.th/en/news/totnews_detail.php?news_id=211 we have gotten the "green light" in mid June. We gave the TOT office a call then, but they were still not able to connect us. To get a TOT ADSL you will have to have a TOT phone line.

Good luck!

Someone said that TT&T provide ADSL

So too do TOT and Loxinfo.

When it comes to the costings Loxinfo is an absolute joke.

Maybe there is a provider in C'mai (that provides a cost efficient service) but to date I haven't found who it is.

Good luck and let us (all) know of how you do.

Have a look a JI-NET

Far as i know they are the real thing

Offering 256 at 1250 a month unlimited anf 512 at double.

Had a chat with the girl in their new Pantip (chang Klan Rd ) store They have some pc's to play on too.

Can not recall what floor but near the escalator at the southern end. Not to many shops in there to be confused with as yet;-)

Jesus is anything ever simple here

are you a missionary? :o

Answer. Sure ring Loxinfo and it is simple...........but price:-)

Have a look a JI-NET

I have tested Ji-net DSL and it seems to work well .. the package you quoted (DSL-Compax) comes with the following limitations.

DSL-Compax 256 The data transfer is limited to 5GB/month. If you exceed this capacity your speed will be reduced to 25 Kbs.

DSL-Compax 512 The data transfer is limited to 10GB/month. If you exceed this capacity your speed will be reduced to 50 Kbs.

They also offer DSL-Plus 256 & 512 for 3500 & 6000 these packages have no transfer limitations that I am aware of.

/SM

Have a look a JI-NET

Had a chat with the girl in their new Pantip (chang Klan Rd ) store They have some pc's to play on too.

Can not recall what floor but near the escalator at the southern end. Not to many shops in there to be confused with as yet;-)

Jesus is anything ever simple here
are you a missionary? :o

Answer. Sure ring Loxinfo and it is simple...........but price:-)

Thanks Cute Thai Girl. (Why don't you post your pic for us all?)

I'm wary of spending 250 baht more and whatever installation fees to get a slower connection UNLESS i know absolutley for sure that this Vonage phone thing won't work with TT&T and will work with Ji-Net. But trying to figure this out is complex indeed.

IS Ji-Net an ISP or just a retailer for an ISP?

Do you really think 'she' is a cute Thai girl?

No more than you are a Chiang Mai Thai, I think... :o

Do you really think 'she' is a cute Thai girl?

No more than you are a Chiang Mai Thai, I think... :o

Good point. When people get upset with me here, I like to point out that they're allowing their blood pressure to rise based on the opinions of some idiot who calls himself ChiangMaiThai and has nothing better to do than to argue with strangers on the internet.

At any rate, I checked out the Ji-Net site.

http://www.ji-net.com/zone/DSL_Promotion.asp

What is it saying about TRUE and TOT?