BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
ChiangMaiThai

Adsl In Chiang Mai

Ok, for anyone following another CMT saga, here's the latest.

KSC has real IP addresses and so will work with Vonage.

They have a 'special' promotion right now- unlimited int and domestic. 256/128 Kbps for only 4,500 a month, shared with 5 people. 7,500 for 512/256 shared with 5 people. And if you don't want to share, you need only pay 15,900 a month for 256k and only 26,900 a month for 512k. These prices baffle me. How can they compete with TSpeed on anything other than the fact they offer real IP addresses?

I just checked my TSpeed connection. Got 250, 200, 400, 450, 250. To get these same kind of speeds consistently with KSC, you'd have to pay at least 15,900 a month. Crazy. There is really no reason (that I can see anyway) at all to go with KSC or Loxinfo unless you need a real IP. You can get a faster connection with TSpeed for 14,900 baht a month less.

What a crazy country.

Hello.

I am new in this forum, and are currently looking for an ADSL connection also.

Currently I am with the TOT, and that seems to be the first obstacle.

I have been waiting since april, and yesterday I was at the TOT office, and they kindly told me that they were out of "something" (I could not understand what, really), which they needed, and that it would take another 2 months before they got these "things".

So my to questions to you pepole are:

1:

One person told of the Ji-net

(http://www.ji-net.com/zone/DSL_Promotion.asp).

On the web they say they work with the TOT, but

when I called them though, they told they only work with the TT&T.

CONFUSING.

2:

One person told he was satisfied (almost) with the TSpeed.

I can not find them anywhere, would anyone care to post the link ore a phonenumber ?

May this forum be my solution!!!

Thanks....Eddie67.

Hello.

I am new in this forum, and are currently looking for an ADSL connection also.

Currently I am with the TOT, and that seems to be the first obstacle.

I have been waiting since april, and yesterday I was at the TOT office, and they kindly told me that they were out of "something" (I could not understand what, really), which they needed, and that it would take another 2 months before they got these "things".

So my to questions to you pepole are:

1:

One person told of the Ji-net

(http://www.ji-net.com/zone/DSL_Promotion.asp).

On the web they say they work with the TOT, but

when I called them though, they told they only work with the TT&T.

CONFUSING.

2:

One person told he was satisfied (almost) with the TSpeed.

I can not find them anywhere, would anyone care to post the link ore a phonenumber ?

May this forum be my solution!!!

Thanks....Eddie67.

TOT does has some ADSL offer for those who have a TOT phone line. But I believe they are notorious for poor service and quality.

When the TSpeed offer was introduced many people decided to change their phone lines from TOT to TT&T. i think this costs around 4000 baht, but I'm not sure. You could go to the TT&T office in Airport Plaza and ask. I'm now completley satisfied with TSpeed except for the fact that you don't get a real IP address. You do get pretty decent speeds 100k to 400k most of the time. But this could vary widely depending on your area as you share a 2Mbps connection with 50 people.

Can you give me the number for JI-Net in Chiang Mai? I called the number on the website and it says that its disconnected.

TRUE offers cable in Chiang Mai. Don't know any details yet, but here's the numbers:

053-274-150

09-139-5306

In my papers I found 053210368. (Ji-net)

Try it, if it don't work, I will look some more.

Ed.

My latest update for anyone following the Vonage and TSpeed story. On two different occassions last week TT&T spent 3 hours with me at their head office trying to get Vonage to work. I've got nothing but good things to say about them. They aquired usernames for all the ISP's and we tried them one by one. They all work except for hinet. As they explained it CAT blocks ports because their major revenue comes from ld phone calls and there's nothing TT&T can do about it.

(I've got nothing but bad things to say about CAT. When I told TT&T I e-mailed CAT, they just laughed and said 'no reply right?'. The whole company is worthless as far as I'm concerned)

Anyway, I switched to JInet at 2500 a month. It works with TT&T lines. 512/256 shared between 10 people. Its about 50-75% as fast as TSpeed and 1500 baht more, but Vonage finally works and its truly amazing quality.

Also, I now know every ADSL provider here.

CSLoxinfo

JINet

Hinet (TSpeed)

KSC

TRUE (cable only)

I would say that JiNet is the best deal if you are sharing. Actually TSpeed is better, for me anyway and they said next week they are making it faster. But after that, its Jinet. CSLox the biggest rip off. When you sign up be sure to ask how many people you share with. They usually don't bother to mention up front. Its important.

TT&T can give you more info on all but TRUE. (TRUE is just past com plaza).

CMT, just to make sure I got this straight, TSpeed is faster and cheaper but you're switching to JInet just so you can use Vonage, right?

And the advantage of Vonage is ...?

CMT, just to make sure I got this straight, TSpeed is faster and cheaper but you're switching to JInet just so you can use Vonage, right?

You got it right. Vonage is simply the highest quailty VOIP there is. You don't need a computer. You use your regular phone. People call your number in the US and the phone rings here. You lift the phone and you hear a US dial tone. You pay 3 cents a minute for calls within the US. You can access toll free numbers for free. You can have 30 phone numbers in the states if you want, all linked to your p phone here. You can get an Americna fax number too for an extra $10 a month. Caller ID is standard. And the sound quality is the same as a normal phone. No delays. No echo. No cutting in and out. That's why its illegal here. Why would you pay CAT for your long distance calls?

You got it right. Vonage is simply the highest quailty VOIP there is. You don't need a computer. You use your regular phone. People call your number in the US and the phone rings here. You lift the phone and you hear a US dial tone. You pay 3 cents a minute for calls within the US. You can access toll free numbers for free. You can have 30 phone numbers in the states if you want, all linked to your p phone here. You can get an Americna fax number too for an extra $10 a month. Caller ID is standard. And the sound quality is the same as a normal phone. No delays. No echo. No cutting in and out. That's why its illegal here. Why would you pay CAT for your long distance calls?

Got it.

TOT installed Adsl in our place on Friday Did Bandwith test 3:30 pm Friday came back at 387kpbs. seems great so far.will keep this link updated

Hi ChiangMaiThai.

I've just returned from TT&T at Kad Suan Kaew, where they assured me that no ISP with TT&T provides a fixed IP address. This seems contrary to your experience, but I wonder if I have misunderstood the Vonage requirements?

Unfortunately a fixed address is crucial to software I need to run. Before buying a new line from TT&T (I'm on TOT at present), I'd like to make sure it will, in fact, run.

How's the TOT experience, SBACM? I see you've been on for three weeks now.

Hi ChiangMaiThai.

I've just returned from TT&T at Kad Suan Kaew, where they assured me that no ISP with TT&T provides a fixed IP address. This seems contrary to your experience, but I wonder if I have misunderstood the Vonage requirements?

Unfortunately a fixed address is crucial to software I need to run. Before buying a new line from TT&T (I'm on TOT at present), I'd like to make sure it will, in fact, run.

How's the TOT experience, SBACM? I see you've been on for three weeks now.

I had misunderstood the Voange requirements. What you need is a REAL IP address, not a fixed IP address. But I think there are services out there that can give you a fixed IP address. Wasn't it mentioned in one of these threads here?

Anyway, JINet works great. 2,500 month. 100k to 200k most of the time. Downloads seem to be capped at 27 kB/sec. But Vonage is crystal clear. Forget skype and i connect here and the rest.

Hi CMT, how is the new SKYPE ver 1.0 that has just come out, have you tried that yet, and if so how does it compare?

JINet works great. 2,500 month. 100k to 200k most of the time. Downloads seem to be capped at 27 kB/sec.

Thanks ChiangMaiThai.

Wouldn't that be Uploads capped at 27? Download should be faster?

Not too sure I understand the difference between a fixed and real IP address. Is a 'real' address fixed for the session???