Visa Run Penang

mearkat75

As far as Im aware it takes a day for your passport to get stamped and returned. People may know better though as I've never been in a situation where I have had to get a visa in such a short time. I like to look on getting a visa as a time to relax and explore.

• 1 month later...
i live in nakorn sri thammarat and need to do a 90 days run,can i get my passport stamped in one day[like i used to do at poi pet] thanks!

a bit late to reply, but can help someone.

if you go from n-s-t by car to penang for a 3 month tourist visa start at 3h30am (gmt+7) drive to sadao border, at the border dont forget to buy a month insurance for malaysia about 700bath (malay police uncorruptible it cost you 300ringit and... depends on you), when you finish, visa, insurance etc... it would be around 8am (gmt+8) than drive down to penang you would be there at 10-11am (gmt+8) that give you around 1h00 to complete the form and give your passport + 2 pictures + 110ringit. limite time is midday. ambassy is at jalan abduhl rhaman easy to fund. than enjoy 24h in penang you can get back your passport with visa the next day after 2pm (gmt+8) , than drive back same way to n-s-t. that's the shortest time you can do 48h00

if you go from n-s-t to penang by minibus, take minibus early morning to had-yai than fund another minibus to penang, that take you 3 to 4 days depends on your luck. advantage of minibus, much cheaper...

dont forget the thai consul is open from monday to friday that mean if you give your passport a friday you have it back on monday...

oh and little last tip, dont forget to rent a room in penang before to give your passport away, may help you for registration...

bye