Private Pilots License In Chiang Mai

JimsKnight

Hi all, just wondering if anyones gone after a Pilots license in Chiang Mai of late.

I'll be rolling in soon and am wondering what the situation is on taking the course up in Chiang Mai.

I was going to do it back in 2003 but Koh Taos warm waters got in the way instead :o

They do the pilots course down in Rayong area and its about 50k baht there (roughly) but I'm not so sure about up north.

Any grizzled pilots with ideas, clues or horror stories is appreciated :D

Cheers

JK

Wow...Thats a great price..I payed over that back in the states back in 1980 for my private license..Especially now with the price of Av gas.Av gas back then was about $2.00 per gallon.I would be curious what kind of planes they are are using..We used Cessna 152.I can only imagine what your cross country will be like...I admire you for getting your license in Thailand..

Hi all, just wondering if anyones gone after a Pilots license in Chiang Mai of late.

I'll be rolling in soon and am wondering what the situation is on taking the course up in Chiang Mai.

I was going to do it back in 2003 but Koh Taos warm waters got in the way instead :o

They do the pilots course down in Rayong area and its about 50k baht there (roughly) but I'm not so sure about up north.

Any grizzled pilots with ideas, clues or horror stories is appreciated :D

Cheers

JK

Any grizzled pilots with ideas, clues or horror stories is appreciated :o

Cheers

JK

There is a good chance that the 50k you stated is for the ground training and does not include any flight time.

The link above for the Chiang Mai Flying Club is a good one but their prices in dollars are based on B38/$ rather than the current 34/$. This brings their estimated total up to $8176 - an increase of over $850 - which is worth taking into consideration.

Dustoff the Grizzled

Any grizzled pilots with ideas, clues or horror stories is appreciated :o

Cheers

JK

There is a good chance that the 50k you stated is for the ground training and does not include any flight time.

Must be, average price for rental with instructor is 4-5k baht/hour. So 40 hours minimum = 160-200k for flight time.

Wow! Thats double what the thai flying club are asking for!

I can't believe how much of a price difference they are charging!

Yeah I was overoptimistic though as it works out to 210,000 baht in the long run anyway, and its 6 months!

http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/linkgroundschool.html

Hmm I'll give that a pass until next year I think :o

Cheers

• 13 years later...