Please Recommend A Good Buffet Breakfast In Aonang Area

THAILIBAN

Thanks to 99-Baht-Air-Asia I will treat myself a few days in Krabi very soon. the place where I want to stay does not include the breakfast during low season, so I would like to know if there are any recommended hotel-buffets, that accept walk-in-customers.

will I find something decent in the 200-400 Baht category in this overpriced tourism-area ?

what about DINNER buffets ? any not-so-expensive places ? heard about the good-value and inexoensive Dinner-Buffet at Bernie's Place. recommended ?

• 2 weeks later...
My favourite is the breakfast buffet at Krabi Resort - it's in the corner on the right at Ao Nang when you are facing the sea. Ask at reception for the price. The food is good.

I was in Krabi last month. I stayed two nights at the Krabi Resort and two nights at a relatively new hotel called the Krabi Heritage Hotel. The Krabi Resort is a typical Thai-American breakfast buffet. It is good and the cook actually knows how to make fried egss over easy without cooking the yolk hard or breaking the yolk. The Krabi Heritage Hotel has a set menu with items cooked to order but you choose between various choices. For example, you have a choice of juices, you get a plate of cut friut, a choice of toast or croissant, a choice of how you want two eggs cooked, a choice of either sausage, bacon or ham (actually we usally got all three), a choice of corn flakes or coco flakes, a choice of pancakes or french toast (with maple syrup not honey like you usually get in Thailand) and finally a choice of coffee or tea. My family (Thai wife and kids) agreed that the Krabi Heritage Hotel breakfast was much better than the buffet breakfast at Krabi Resort. I don't know how much they will charge for it, but they charged us an extra 100 baht for my son's breakfast since he was 6 years old and we were only given two free breakfasts with the room. My 4 year old daughter was not charged.

never understood that - pancakes and syrup for breakfast?!!?

a good old full english, thats what you need fella!

Why can't you understand having pancakes and syrup for breakfast? I suppose you feel the same about french toast, waffles, muffins, toast with strawberry jam, etc. I've had a few full english breakfasts in england before. Not bad, but since I don't eat most meats I wasn't very impressed. I do, however, very much enjoy kippers and eggs.

never understood that - pancakes and syrup for breakfast?!!?

a good old full english, thats what you need fella!

Why can't you understand having pancakes and syrup for breakfast? I suppose you feel the same about french toast, waffles, muffins, toast with strawberry jam, etc. I've had a few full english breakfasts in england before. Not bad, but since I don't eat most meats I wasn't very impressed. I do, however, very much enjoy kippers and eggs.

Kippers and eggs? Eurgh. English cuisine is absolutely dire, but a good full English breakfast is hard to beat. Emphasis must be placed on GOOD, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
English food is actually not crap if you go to a proper restaurant

Uaa! You know what books that has only 2 pages? English cuisine and Swedish war heros!

Hehe. Got into trouble on another site for a lighthearted quip like that. It's a mad world we live in...

The top few English dishes - full English breakfast, bangers n mash, roast dinners and the peerless fish and chips are actually superb. The trouble is, they're usually poorly prepared and served, even in England.