Thai to launch direct phuket services ex australia

george

Thai to launch direct Phuket services ex Australia

Thai Airways is planning to introduce direct services to Phuket from Sydney and Melbourne within the next month, according to the airline's sales and marketing director, Vasing Kittikeil.

"I have briefed wholesalers attending the Thai workshops this morning on the proposed services which should be up and running in July," Kittikeil said.

"Traffic from Australia is of high importance for us."

In Sydney as part of a Thailand Roadshow, he said Thai Airways would be back to full services worldwide by next month.

"Like most airlines we trimmed our services over the last months but we will be back to normal to handle our winter traffic," Kittikeil said.

5 June 2003

If Phuket is not truly revolting now - and I thought it was, last visit - it will be very shortly with direct flights.

Maybe they should bill them ''sex flights'', not ''direct flights''.

I think we should send Captain Brian down there to sort the Aussies out, and while he's there, clean up Phuket. I could supply a red cape and blue tights.

If Phuket is not truly revolting now - and I thought it was, last visit - it will be very shortly with direct flights.

What did you do there?  Pitch a tent in Bangla Road?  "Patong Beach" may be somewhat revolting, but the rest of Phuket and the surrounding provinces are generally a great destination and god value for money.

Australia has actually had direct flights to Phuket for some years - I myself fly into Phuket on the Perth-Phuket flight, as it offers a convenient stopover, as well as quick entry up to my workplace in Myanmar.

Last trip I decided to drive the 1hr 30 minutes up to Khao Lak - and found a quiet pleasant beach with a few good quality cheap resorts.

Phuket itself now offers fantastic value for money - due to the shattered tourist industry you wuld be hard pressed to find a decent 4 star resort for more than 1500 baht a night.

Any destination is what you make of it - more so with a large island and surrounding areas, such as Phuket.....

OK, I generalise horribly. Outside Patong Beach, it's probably a beautiful place. I did not have much time to appreciate all that stuff.

Last time I was there the guy I was travelling with was attacked by a lady boy (he thought she was a girl, and they were just getting down to it, when...) and lost a large amount of money.

We spent the last two days in a flap over that.