Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

So these security-experts are delusional, or imaginary, just being ignored by Thaksin, or what ? Should Thaksin be asked to leave the UK - because he is likely to attract these violent people to enter the country and commit crimes in which innocent citizens might become involved ? :D

Old habits die hard....

Thaksin says he missed assassination

BANGKOK: -- Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said he narrowly escaped an assassination attempt Thursday because he left his house earlier than normal.

"It's my lucky day. I have been varying my travel times after the intelligence services told me people were trying to kill me. If I hadn't left an hour earlier than usual, I might not be here now," he said on Thai television.

- DPA / 2006-08-24

On Monday, tempers and fists again flared between supporters and detractors after the prime minister left Central World Plaza shopping mall. Adding to the tension are rumours that there is an assassination plot against Thaksin.

- Deutsche Presse Agentur / August 21, 2006

Is this like a

"Every-2-Years-During-August-Thaksin-Gets-Assassinated"

thing going on?

:o

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Independant 26-08-08

'Thaksin has 10-year plan for City,' says chairman

By Matt Gatward

Tuesday, 26 August 2008

MARTIN RICKETT/PA

The Manchester City owner, Thaksin Shinawatra, watches his team beat West Ham 3-0 on Sunday

It has rained mixed messages at Manchester City this summer and the confusion showed no sign of drying up yesterday when the executive chairman, Garry Cook, said that Thaksin Shinawatra remains committed to the club and has no intention of selling up. Cook's take on the Thai's stance contradicts his comments last week when he said that Thaksin had offered to resign as a director.

Thaksin's decision to seek refuge in England after refusing to return to Thailand where he faces corruption charges has led to speculation about the extent of his financial muscle. However, Cook claims the former Thailand prime minister is not looking for a buyer for City. "When these things get thrown at you, you actually try that much harder," Cook said. "He [Thaksin] is even more adamant now, because this is his love, and he wants to show people he is really committed. I asked the question as well as everyone else: 'is the club for sale?' and he is quite adamant this club is not for sale and he is here for the long haul.

"I asked 'why did you buy it?'. He said he bought it because there is a 10-year plan."

Unquote

As this thread was started to mainly highlight Thaksins short comings in relation to becoming the new owner of Man. City, out of respect for the clubs football supporters, i will stick to these objectives and the political implications many have posted on while trying not to having a go at the majority below board level structures. ( it,s very difficult to just ignore the implications )

The executive chairman is not doing the club any favours at all and like the football league is completely ignoring the Fit and Proper requirments in the first instance.

Since then Thaksin has once again gone on the run / jumped bail as per Supreme Court order and while he has not yet been convicted, he is by his actions now judged by law to have already committed a criminal offence.

He is a criminal

What did / does the executive chairman do, first he indicates via a previous statement that Thaksin is being unjustly treated ( politically motivated ect. ect. ) and now he says Thaksin has a 10 year plan for the club and in saying nothing further regarding the criminal on the run and his obvious unfit and improper requirements as per F. Assocation rules, he is taking the club into blatant disrepute as i read the implications of his obvious condoning of the criminality of it,s owner, by lack of honest observation and fact.

I noted that another thread was closed due to it no longer being football related.

I,d like to humbly suggest that once Thaksin was allowed to become the unfit and improper owner of the club unrelating the political and football scenario is under the present environment always going to be linked and it will always come into the ongoing debates, otherwise it is a hypocritical denial of what is unfolding along with the implications of it.

As this thread is posted in the Thai News Clippings forum ( Thanks George ) perhaps we should be allowed to reciprocate the honest intentions of posting our views as we see it with or without the playing side of things, while letting the threads posted in the footballing forum cover the posting of and commenting on the results.

Again in my humble opinion, once Thaksin was allowed to become owner in spite of the Thailand scenario and unfolding evidence relating to this evil scum and his self rewarding corruption, human rights abuses with 2 horrific ones in particular that he as CEO of the Government openly oversaw and advised upon.

Accordingly it was well documented upon and yet the F.A. and it,s institutions did and are, along with the board of Man City football club openly allowing this evil B*S*A*D to become and continue to not only be its owner and be feted as is expected of, along with paying respect to his phoney new status.

This is not having a go at the fans, as they are just down to earth " football supporters "

But if football is beyond this obscene and continual, openly ignoring of the track record of this individual then it also sinks into the depths of obscene indecency.

How you may pass this off as some phoney " football / sport is above this " implies and shouts volumes regarding where your indecent priorities lie.

Me and many others, including those who are football lovers, just do not buy it.

<deleted> is going on !!!!!, are footballer supporters of today seemingly so dehumanised, i cannot believe it.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

From the UKs Guardian more details on Man City loans and cash flow problems

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/au....premierleague1

With Hammered,s hoped for approval i,d like to add a shortened version of the article courtesy of The Nation :-

Thaksin's Man City plunges into deeper confusion

By Deutsche Presse Agenture

London - Manchester City were plunged deeper into confusion Wednesday when the Guardian newspaper reported former chairman John Wardle had made three separate loans of 2 million pounds (3.69 million dollars) to the club over the past year.

Two were made last season and one this summer and all have since been repaid.

New chairman Garry Cook has insisted the club is not in financial difficulties, but the revelations do reveal the problems owner Thaksin Shinawatra has had in financing the club.

Thaksin, the former Thai prime minister, paid 21.6m pounds sterling to take over the club last summer, repaid 17.5m pounds of loans, and made significant initial investment in players.

That makes 39.1 million pounds sterling, add to that the millions he,s spent on his London pad and other purchased items and his ongoing expenses since his assets of approx. 400 million pounds sterling, depending on the exchange rate ( 79 billion baht )were frozen.

How the <deleted> can explain how he has come by such funds in an honest and transparent way based purely on his business endeavours and proceeds ?????

Here is proof if ever it was needed to confirm that the alledged moving of illgotten gains overseas are now proven and confirmed.

Unusually rich has now become even more so. :o

But the funding for transfers that was expected to be available this summer has not materialised, as Thaksin, who has had assets frozen in Thailand, fights corruption charges.

Cook confirmed that Thaksin is not currently funding the club.

He also insisted that Wardle's latest loan was not, as some had claimed, made to cover the wage bill, but was rather to pay Blackburn Rovers compensation for manager Mark Hughes, who replaced Sven-Goran Eriksson at Eastlands this summer.

Unquote

Seems to me that the above article raises more questions, not only about Thaksins ( already destroyed ) but also about Gary Cook,s integrity as executive chairman of the club.

This based purely on his blatant ignoring of Thaksins criminality,contradictions re the 10 year plan ect. ect.

HTF can Thaksin have such a plan when he isn,t even providing investment as per confirmation quote highlighted in bold above by Cook.

Can he really be believed, anymore ?????

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

Can he really be believed, anymore ?????

marshbags unsure. :o

The answer to the question posed by marshbags is an unequivocal "NO"!

The man is an expert 'con-man' and thus by extension a liar.

He is his greatest admirer and plays the "humility" card once too often.

He believes everything he says and so do too many other people without question.

He is no fool.

“Abraham Lincoln was right, of course; you can't fool all of the people all of the time but you only have to fool a majority”

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.”

Thaksin has done both. :D

Edited by ratcatcher

SJ. How come when Man City lose, you post a match report? Are you going to post one, now that we won last night? :o

If they ever win two in a row, I will... :D

We won last night as well :D

That'll be three in a row now SJ :D

gosh... so they have. Sorry, I've been pre-occupied with the recent events of his other purchase, the PPP.

but anyway, good luck for your team.

Has Thaksin sold up?

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529580-a ... city?ln=en

Premier League football club Manchester City has been taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ABUG), Arabian Business can reveal.

The deal was struck late on Sunday night between the club’s former owner Dr Thaksin Shinawatra, former Prime Minister of Thailand, and ADUG.

ADUG will be represented on the new board of Manchester City by Hydra Properties CEO Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim.

Story continues below ↓

advertisement

Al Fahim, who led negotiations, confirmed the deal had been struck on Monday. He told Arabian Business: “We will release details later, but this is a great event for both the club and Abu Dhabi.

"Our goal is very simple – to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season.”

Al Fahim stressed that the Group will solve all the club problems and clear any pending payments, and will comprehensively support the club by bringing in some of the best football players in the world.

Manchester City’s future has been uncertain following legal problems faced in Thailand by Shinawatra, who will stay on as honorary president of the club without any administrative responsibilities.

It is understood that negotiations began three weeks ago, and were completed on Sunday night at Emirates Palace Hotel in Dubai.

The deal was signed in the presence of Al Fahim, a member of the Group board and the successful architect of the deal, Shinawatra and Dr Khalid Kadfour Al-Muhairy, the head of the Emirates Group for advocate and legal consultants.

After sealing the deal for one of England's best known and oldest clubs, ABUG hope it will reinforce Abu Dhabi's position as a capital of both sport and economics.

Al Fahim said: "We in Abu Dhabi United Company for Development and Investment are keen to develop ways to provide support and care for various sports activities to help build and develop a new generation of young State, which represents the real wealth and the future of this nation and the cornerstone for building the future of our civilisation.

"As embodied in our mission to open new horizons in all kinds of sports, it will enable them to enjoy healthy body and mind, thanks to the lessons we have learned from the wise leadership in Abu Dhabi."

He added: "We will adopt marketing plans that reflect positively on the club and the company from investments in all sectors of television marketing and purchasing of the stars players, as well as development of infrastructure facilities at the club."

The deal is a huge coup for Al Fahim. Through Hydra Properties he is already involved in several sports sponsorship deals, and is building a new football academy in Abu Dhabi with Italian soccer giants Inter Milan.

Manchester City was founded in 1880 under the name of "Marx Sent" (St. Marks), which was changed to "Pedro" (Ardwick AFC) in 1887. The current name was taken on in 1894.

The club has won the English League Championship twice, the FA Cup four times, the League Cup twice and the European Cup Winners Cup

Good riddance from football if this is true. The games does not need people like Toxin involved. Maybe he had his handforced anyway, by football authorities, or he's desperate for some liquidity.

So much for his ten year masterplan. :o

Good riddance from football if this is true. The games does not need people like Toxin involved. Maybe he had his handforced anyway, by football authorities, or he's desperate for some liquidity.

Shhhhhhhhhhh ... 3 day 'nab' if u say too mut!

Thaksin Shinawatra sells Manchester City to Abu Dhabi investors

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has agreed to sell a major part of his stake in the club to the Arab investors the Abu Dhabi United group.

By David Bond

Last Updated: 11:12AM BST 01 Sep 2008

Sold: Thaksin Shinawatra's controversial reign at Manchester City appears to be over

Sold: Thaksin Shinawatra's controversial reign at Manchester City appears to be over Photo: AFP

Following talks over the weekend, it is understood that an agreement in principle was reached between representatives of the under fire former Thai Prime Minister and ADUG late on Sunday night.

The Arab investors, which are not thought to have any connection to Dubai International Capital, the group who remain keen to buy out Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr at Liverpool, now have two weeks to analyse City's accounts before finalising the deal.

It is not known at this stage the exact size of the stake ADUG have bought from Thaksin or the amount of money they have paid for it, but it is believed he will retain a minority stake in City.

The negotiations between Thaksin and ADUG have been fronted by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim, the chief executive of a company called Hydra Properties, and he is expected to take a leading role on the City board once the deal is complete.

In addition to buying a large chunk of the shares owned by Thaksin - who bought the club outright in a controversial deal for £81.6million last July - the new group are believed to have vowed to spend millions in the transfer market to try and turn City into a Champions League club.

Al Fahim said: "Our goal is very simple - to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League and to begin with to finish in the top four this season.

"We will adopt marketing plans that reflect positively on the club and the company from investments in all sectors of television marketing and purchasing of the stars players, as well as development of infrastructure facilities at the club."

City's latest ownership upheaval comes after an uncertain few months for the club which first saw the departure of manager Sven Goran Eriksson, replaced by Mark Hughes, and yet more controversy surrounding Thaksin's finances.

In the last two weeks it emerged that former chairman John Wardle had to make three separate £2m loans to the club to help cover transfer payments for players signed by Eriksson last summer. The club's new executive chairman Garry Cook says that the money has all since been repaid.

Thaksin, who faces a series of corruption charges in his former country the first of which is due to be decided by the courts in Thailand within the next two weeks, has run into problems after £800m of his assets were frozen by Thai investigators.

Looks like this thread can now be closed :o

Oh I am sure he has a ten year plan, just not one for ManCiteh.

Thaksin sells his Manchester City Club to Abu Dhabi

By The Nation

Fugitive prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has sold Manchester City to the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment.

Arabianbusiness online reported that a deal with current owner Thaksin completed on Sunday evening.

The online said Thaksin has helped bankroll a number of big-money transfers in the past but, with his assets currently frozen as he awaits trial in Thailand, doubts have been cast over his long-term future at the club.

The Abu Dhabi United Group will be represented on the club's board by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim, chief executive of Hydra Properties.

Thaksin will be an honourary president with no administrative power.

"Our goal is very simple - to make Manchester City the biggest clup in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season."

ADUG will be represented on the new board of Manchester City by Hydra Properties CEO Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim

Al Fahim, who led negotiations, confirmed on Monday the deal had been struck. He said,"We will release details later, but this is a great event for both the club and Abu Dhabi.

"Our goal is very simple - to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season."

.Al Fahim stressed that the Group will solve all the club problems and clear any pending payments, and will comprehensively support the club by bringing in some of the best football players in the world.

It is understood that negotiations began three weeks ago, and were completed on Sunday night at Emirates Palace Hotel in Dubai.

Unquote

It is with pleasure that the above seems to have been conformed.

I don,y know to much about the new owners other than to say thankyou for buying the club and ridding it of this very undesirable EX owner weho has done nothing IMHO apart from take the club and it,s supporters into disrepute.

I would like to think that the Executive chairman will now make some sort of statement to reconcile not only the Man City fans, but football fans the world over who still cannot understand why he would seemingly ignore and be in complete denial of the evil B*S*A*D.

Perhaps it was connected to the ongoing talks sale of his ownership, but if i may humbly suggest the E.C. would have been better served saying nothing rather than seemingly saying / suggesting his reputation was clean.

Anyway perhaps soon this infamous link to your famous club and you can get back to the business of being recognised as a football club, rather than a political tool for you know who.

Congratulations Man City and all who love the club, you are it,s real fans.

May i say you are well rid of the B*S*A*D and shortly we can hopefully seperate the dubious connection that has dragged you all down to his level.

marshbags :o