PTT Company To Increase Price Of Most Fuel Types

Jai Dee

PTT company to increase price of most fuel types

The PTT Company is increasing the price of Benzene 91 and 95 by 40 satang per liter and gasohol 95 by 20 satang per liter.

The Deputy Managing Director of the PTT Company, Mr. Chaiwat Churit (ชัยวัฒน์ ชูฤทธิ์ ), revealed that the PTT Company is attempting to maintain the current level of retail oil prices for as long as possible. Mr. Chaiwat reports that as of today (July 6th), Dubai crude oil is at 68.08 dollars per barrel, processed benzene 95 fuel is at 87.81 dollars per barrel, while diesel fuel is at 84.13 dollars per barrel.

Mr. Chaiwat reports that market factors which are influencing the price of global oil include terrorism in Nigeria, increasing oil demands in the United States, and increasing oil demands in China. These factors necessitate a price increase by the PTT Company, resulting in benzene 91 and 95 increasing by 40 satang per liter, gasohol 95 increasing by 20 satang per liter, and gasohol 91 prices remaining unchanged.

These changes will take effect at 5:00 AM today (July 7th).

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 July 2007

Very diplomatic of him not to mention the shortfall in what should be coming in from Iraq and isn't.

The underlying trend for gas and oil prices (and so motor fuels, electricity and fertiliser prices) is ever onward upward from now on in.

I'm stupid, or missing something here:crazy:

Don't they pay for the oil in US$?

And isn't the baht at its strongest against the US$ for over a decade (another thread in this forum)?

So. shouldn't the price be going down, or at least standing still?

I'm stupid, or missing something here:crazy:

Don't they pay for the oil in US$?

And isn't the baht at its strongest against the US$ for over a decade (another thread in this forum)?

So. shouldn't the price be going down, or at least standing still?

You are step ahead for what I am going to say. PTT is gaining better profits with the present baht/US exchange rate and shouldn't increased just as they please. :o

I don't know why petrol/gasoline is called "benzene" here in Thailand. Does anybody else know? The name is very misleading, as benzene is a distinct aromatic chemical compund (molecular formula: C6H6) that is highly toxic and carcinogenic (exposure can lead to different forms of leukemia, for example).

Petrol/gasoline on the other hand is a mixture of hundreds of aromatic compounds (such as benzene, toluene, etc) and aliphatic (i e non-aromatic) compounds (such as hexanes, heptanes, etc), and is a product produced in oil refineries from crude oil. Usually, the maximum allowed content of benzene is set at 5 % in standard gasoline in most developed countries (due to the toxicity of benzene).

Best regards :o

I don't know why petrol/gasoline is called "benzene" here in Thailand.

It may have to do with the spelling actually, benzine and not benzene. The term benzine is used in quite a few countries. If you look in column two of the Fuel Name FAQ table it shows them.

The prices in THB of gasoline/petrol/benzine and of diesel would have gone even higher if the baht hadn't strengthened relative to the US$.

Actually, there are movements towards no longer pricing oil in $US. The euro, Middle East dinars and Russian roubles are the currency candidates. But the proverbial would really hit the fan if a major player said: "We want to be paid in gold". We would soon be typing U/S$.

Russia is the big danger. At the moment, it is being diplomatic and saying to the West "Good dog, Good dog", but it may be edging towards where it can quickly pick up a half-brick.

I am very conscious of the fact that Russia has a very big old score to pay off against America and Britain. When Reagan and Thatcher knackered the USSR, by keeping the price of oil (and the USSR oil earnings) down and the price of wheat (and the USSR bill for its imports) up, they brought the USSR to its knees and won the Cold War. But we Westerners of the next generation may suffer for it.

It may have to do with the spelling actually, benzine and not benzene.

Thanks for the info, Tywais :o

I now realize that my post above actually was pretty stupid, especially since gasoline is called "bensin" in my home country Sweden. I guess it was the spelling thing that got me going :D .

Anyway, an expat friend of mine told me that most gasoline-driven cars in Thailand are not equipped with catalysts, which I find hard to believe. What's the truth here?

Furthermore, what is the status in Thailand when it comes to alternative fuels such as pure ethanol and various "vegetable oils"? What about fuel cells and electricity-driven vehicles?

Regards

is that correct? $10.56 PER GALLON?!?

Thank heavens for 125cc Motorbikes!!!

if my math is correct...

95 THB liter x 3.78 liters per U.S. Gallon (95 x 3.78 = 359THB)

359 divided by 34thb/Dollar = $10.56 per GALLON!!!!??!?!

is that correct? $10.56 PER GALLON?!?

Thank heavens for 125cc Motorbikes!!!

if my math is correct...

95 THB liter x 3.78 liters per U.S. Gallon (95 x 3.78 = 359THB)

359 divided by 34thb/Dollar = $10.56 per GALLON!!!!??!?!

No your maths are not correct its not 95bt per ltr.

Anyone know why the us gallon is different to the Uk gallon?

Diesel price adjusted in line with global market

Shell Thailand Company affirms diesel price has been adjusted in line with global market.

The Retail Operations Manager of the Shell Thailand Company, Mr. Kamol Kongsakulwattanasuk (กมล คงสกุลวัฒนสุข), says the soaring of oil prices during the past two weeks has caused the market average price of diesel to remain at 60 satang per liter. The company suffers a loss of operation as it has been trying to fix diesel prices, hoping to lessen consumers’ financial burden.

Mr. Kamol says the company will consider raising its diesel price following the fuel prices in the global market.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 10 July 2007

Ministry: Oil prices will rise further

The continued increase in world oil prices attributed to renewed violence and kidnappings in Nigeria plus higher demand for oil in the United States and China are expected to push up oil prices in Thailand as well in the near future, according to a senior Energy Ministry official.

Viraphol Jirapraditkul, director-general of the Energy Policy and Planning Office, said global oil prices advanced again yesterday after gunmen on Wednesday attacked a Royal Dutch Shell Public oil rig in Nigeria, Africa's biggest oil producer, seizing five foreign workers, and an English girl was abducted the following day.

The Post Publishing Public Co

Diesel prices to increase by 40 satang per liter, starting tomorrow

All oil dealers will raise diesel prices by 40 satang per liter, effective tomorrow (July 11th) at 5.00 hours.

PTT President Prasert Boonsampan (ประเสริฐ บุญสัมพันธ์) discloses that PTT has decided to increase its diesel price by 40 satang per liter following the increase in diesel prices in the global market.

After the adjustment, diesel prices will stand at 25.74 satang per liter, while its market average price will remain at 50 satang per liter.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 10 July 2007