Between New And Old Airports

mogoso

Been a while since I've been to Thailand, and most inconviently they've gone and built a new airport that from what I understand isn't up to building codes and international arrives in one airport and national works out of another, at least that has been my impression. I need to scoot up to Chiang Mai for a few days of in-law visiting and a visit to Grace Dental Clinic.

Do the airlines provide shuttle buses? or are you left on your own to grab whatever transportation is availible? Recommendations please.

Also I remember that the U.S. Embassy is a skip, hop, and a jump from the Nana area. Nothing against the hotels there, but is there a lodging that is very close to the Embassy that isn't in Nana.? I've a 7 am appointment at the embassy and would like a bit of rest before going, and I may have my mother-in law and my sons fiance in tow as well as my stepson.

As I've not had any reason to enter the U.S. Bangkok Embassy before any advice will be appreciated.

BMTA Public Bus | Airport Bus Express | Intercity Bus |

| Airport Shuttle Bus | Public Transportation center |

| AOT Limousine | Public Taxi | Car Rental |

BMTA Public Bus and Luxury Van

24 Hour Service available at Public Transportation Center

Bus Fare 35 Baht

Van Fare between 40-50 Baht

Route 549 Suvarnabhumi-Minburi:

Lat Krabang Nam Chok Market-Kasem Bundit University-Minburi Market

Route 550 Suvarnabhumi-Happy Land:

Lat Krabang Nam Chok Market-Pattanakan Junction-Bangkapi Junction-Happy Land

Route 551 Suvarnbhumi-Siam Paragon (Expressway):

Department of Public Works and Town & Country Planning-Rachanukul Hospital-Victory Monument-Siam Paragon

Route 552 Suvarnabhumi-Klong Toei:

Chalarat Hospital 1-Ramkamhaeng 2 Junction-Srinakarin Junction-Sukumvit 101-BTS (On Nut Station)-Kluay Nam Thai-Lotus (Klong Toei)-Klong Toei

Route 553 Suvarnabhumi-Samut Prakarn:

Provincial Electricity Authority (Bang Ple) - Piyamin Hospital - Technology Premruthai School - Macro - Foodland - Lotus - Samut Prakan

Route 554 Suvarnabhumi - Bangkok International Airport/Don Muang (Expressway):

Ram Indra Road - Lak Si - Vibhavadi Rangsit Road - Don Muang

Route 555 Suvarnabhumi - Rangsit (Expressway):

Department of Employment - PTT Don - Muang - Vibhavadi Rangsit Junction - Rangsit

Route 556 Suvarnbhumi - Southern Bus Terminal (Expressway):

Yommarat - Democracy Monument - Thammasat University - Pata Department Store - Southern Bus Terminal

Route 557 Suvarnabhumi - Wongwien Yai:

Rom Klao Junction - Chalarat Hospital9 - Technology Business Administration School, Samut Prakan - Chalarat Hospital 4 - Rung Chareon Market - Suksawat Road - Ratburata Hospital - Wat Sawetchat - Wongwien Yai

Route 558 Suvarnabhumi - Central Rama 2:

Central Park Hospital - Chalarat Hospital 1 - Ramkamhaeng 2 Junction - Srinakarin Junction - Bang Na - Soi Lasan - Rung Chareon Market - Suksawat Road - Lotus Bang Na - Bang Pakaeo - Bhuthabucha Junction - Bang Mod Hospital - Central Praram 2

Route 559 Suvarnabhumi - Future Park Rangsit:

Dream World - Ek Prathum Hospital - Future Park Rangsit

Been a while since I've been to Thailand, and most inconviently they've gone and built a new airport that from what I understand isn't up to building codes and international arrives in one airport and national works out of another, at least that has been my impression. I need to scoot up to Chiang Mai for a few days of in-law visiting and a visit to Grace Dental Clinic.

Do the airlines provide shuttle buses? or are you left on your own to grab whatever transportation is availible? Recommendations please.

Also I remember that the U.S. Embassy is a skip, hop, and a jump from the Nana area. Nothing against the hotels there, but is there a lodging that is very close to the Embassy that isn't in Nana.? I've a 7 am appointment at the embassy and would like a bit of rest before going, and I may have my mother-in law and my sons fiance in tow as well as my stepson.

As I've not had any reason to enter the U.S. Bangkok Embassy before any advice will be appreciated.

There are flights from Suvanaphumi Airport to Chiengmai. Plaza Athenee Hotel Bangkok is the nearest to the US Embassy.

There are flights from Suvanaphumi Airport to Chiengmai. Plaza Athenee Hotel Bangkok is the nearest to the US Embassy.

Thank you Irene and Tayto for you informative replies, much appreciated

Air Asia is still flying from Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai. For airport transfer, Bus #555 is the best bet. It's now stopping right in front of the terminal. Expressway all the way for 34 baht. Taxi costs about 400 baht.