Ao Nang/railey West Or Western Napphara Thara

intrepidtraveller

Firstly apologies for any spelling mistakes for the above 3 areas. I'm travelling mid Nov and would like to stay for around 5 days in any of the 3 above places. I'm looking for somewhere fairly chilled, accom between 700-2000 max per nite. Somewhere witih not too many big resorts and laid back...which of the above 3 would be the best and also what would be a realistic time to spend there, ie to visit each area and do some boat trips as would also like to visit Lanta or Phi Phi as well, bearing in mind that I have 15 days total in the island. Also, if anyone can reccommend a good place to stay that would be fab.

Thanks

Firstly apologies for any spelling mistakes for the above 3 areas. I'm travelling mid Nov and would like to stay for around 5 days in any of the 3 above places. I'm looking for somewhere fairly chilled, accom between 700-2000 max per nite. Somewhere witih not too many big resorts and laid back...which of the above 3 would be the best and also what would be a realistic time to spend there, ie to visit each area and do some boat trips as would also like to visit Lanta or Phi Phi as well, bearing in mind that I have 15 days total in the island. Also, if anyone can reccommend a good place to stay that would be fab.

Thanks

be careful abou railay beach near Krabi; lots of longtail boats, no peace at all. nonstop noise. the place has been ruined!

Hi Intrepid, the wife and I just returned from Krabi after 5 days there. We stayed on Napporat Thara beach. It was low season there but it was still a nice chilled place. We stayed at the Chaya resort around 2000 a night but clean, comfortable and quiet. Fre tea and coffee and UBC in restraunt. If you go check out A one restraunt just along from Chaya. The sunday roast dinner is one of the best Ive had in Thailand. It also has easy transport if you want to travel on. Hope this helped. Enjoy :o