Picture On Cigarettes

Yorkie

Some of them are absolutely disgusting, and as far as I can tell, have no effect on dedicated smokers. Do uou think these visuals work on people who smoke? Or people who might be considering smoking? Or just don't work at all?

my brother in law , a very heavy smoker , always asks for a different packet if he deems the one hes been given to have an unlucky picture on it.

he wont take a packet with the lung shot on it , but the rotten teeth shot or the old crone surrounded by smoke shot are both perfectly acceptable to him.

I quit about 6 months ago and also used to ask the seller to change the pack if it had that blackened lund or the gut with all the tubes picture. Pretty effective for me, not so much to help me quit,but more to stop me going back on them. :o

I am a smoker, and I must admit, the first time I saw them I was a bit, not so much shocked, but thought, holy sh*t if the U.S. was serious about their anti smoking campaign they'd do something like this. But of course they make too much $$$ in cigarette taxes to go that far.

"if the U.S. was serious about their anti smoking campaign they'd do something like this."

The current US anti-smoking campaign has driven smoking to the lowest point ever. Education works to a point, and then it's legislation. The cost of cigs in the US are going to increase another 61 cents per pack, to pay for healthcare for uninsured children. God willing, the cost increase will cause more smokers to quit.

They have some newer, even grosser ones than those now thongdee. Yes, even more disgusting than the lungs or the teeth. :o

I don't smoke, haven't had a ciggie in years (was a casual smoker in college). I guess growing up with a dad who smoked over 4 packs of cigarettes a day kind of ruined any potential glamor or sexy effect for me. :D

But I have to say, I find these new cigarette packs very offensive. I guess it would work on me then. Just not sure how much it would really deter any youngsters as kids don't tend to take these kinds of things that seriously. I agree, education and high prices would probably have more of a deterrent than disgusting photos.

I am a smoker, and I must admit, the first time I saw them I was a bit, not so much shocked, but thought, holy sh*t if the U.S. was serious about their anti smoking campaign they'd do something like this. But of course they make too much $$$ in cigarette taxes to go that far.

I was thinking same sam before and quit just one week ago after my first brainstroke with end of 47. I just came back today from the hospital and I only can write now with one hand :D and I'm 105'000 Baht lighter :D.

Thank's I'm still life :o

b

Try "If you smoke you will end up a corpse like this" :o

However, if you don't smoke you will end up a corpse like that. :D

We all end up dead old fella, but lung cancer is a tough way of doing it, so as we say "up to you"

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Some of them are absolutely disgusting, and as far as I can tell, have no effect on dedicated smokers. Do uou think these visuals work on people who smoke? Or people who might be considering smoking? Or just don't work at all?

I am a smoker Sbk but that has not put me of personaly from the graphic images here,However i think as you suggest it would put off potential future smokers,heres hoping anyway (for them)

• 4 weeks later...
I saw this picture on a packet of cigarettes today. Apparently it's a ritual that they conduct before burning the deceased. How it relates to a health warning, I'm not sure.

I think they want to show that there is no other better use of cigarettes then this.