How's The Weather N Ocean Right Now ?

realthaideal

It's kind of far for neighbors, but why not ? I've got the time for just one quick getaway in the next week or so and I still have yet to check out the beaches of Krabi after several years here. Is the weather as bad as they make it sound right now ? Can you go to the beach - or at east get a 1/2 day of good water and sun in b4 the storms come in ? Id' likely go next week, like 24th-30th. Do you think it's better to wait and not come in stormy times ? Otherwise I'll just go hit some local Northern Thai towns and enjoy the dialects. Thanks in advance for your advice guys.

Thanks JaiDee. I always use your weather links and send plenty of other folks to them as well. Love the radar maps. They're indispensible. I use the CM one to see what action I can expect around town, and the Thais I show them to are always impressed that I found such an incredible website. They don't know I had a little TV help.

The thing I'm getting at though, is that sometimes the radar and the gov't warnings don't reflect the experienced reality. It may look all clear, but be a gray n drizzly day. Other times the radar shows lots of color and scattered showers, but it is essentially a clear day. For example, the CM radar shows dots of showers everywhere right now. In general these are 5 minute showers that tend to pass by easily if you duck into a bldg for a bit. We have mainly blue and gray skies and weather great for walking around town or hiking right now. It can be confusing from radar to reality.

All I was hoping is for a few locals to chime in and say "Yes, good half to full days of sun." or maybe "Sorry, it's been pouring in 2-3 day sets, maybe best go elsewhere if you have a time restriction." Only the locals can give me the real take on it experientially.

The thing I'm getting at though, is that sometimes the radar and the gov't warnings don't reflect the experienced reality. It may look all clear, but be a gray n drizzly day. Other times the radar shows lots of color and scattered showers, but it is essentially a clear day.

I wonder if there are any webcams set up around Krabi?

They would be great for an instant "snapshot" of the weather conditions.