Good Places To Eat In Krabi

Jai Dee

My favourite is the breakfast buffet at Krabi Resort - it's in the corner on the right at Ao Nang when you are facing the sea. Ask at reception for the price. The food is good.

Please add your suggestions here.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, if you are there on a sunday you have to check out the A One resteraunt Just down from the Chaya resort on Napporat Tara beach Ao Nong. It has to be the best sunday roast Ive had in Thailand. Mashed and roast potatos. Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and proper gravy all with fresh well cooked veg as well. Also do excellent Thai food as well :o:D

for vegetarians, i'd recommend Hong Ming which is located on the small road behind vogue department store (sorry the name isn't on my map) and the corner of Maharat Soi 10.

monday to saturday, early morning to approx. 5 pm.

they usually have several different curries, and vegetarian pork and duck. It's chinese vegetarian so they also make 'gweeteow' to order.

the staff doesn't speak much english, but they are very friendly.

if anyone knows the name of the road behind vogue, please post it.

if you come out of Vogue Super Store and turn left then take the second on the left, starting on that corner and futher down are some good Muslim places for food. Lovely liver and green beans (not hot), masaman curry, breakfast noodles (forget the name offhand) with curry sauce etc etc etc and lovely Muslim tea.

If your on Ko Lanta. Dont miss RED SNAPPER in Phra Ae Village http://www.redsnapper-lanta.com/ great tappas.

in Krabi town down along Chow Fa Pier ( the old pier) it a great Thai seafood place- everybody knows it, but the name has slipped my mind. its open for lunch and evenings, its very popular usually spilling out on the street. next to the night food stalls.

Breakfast: at the hotel (free)

Lunch: Koy Kulakasai near Wat Tam Sua

Dinner: Wangsai Seafood at Ao Nang Beach/ Krua Tara near Nopparat Tara Beach/ Pad Thai (Street Stall) in front of 7-11 before reaching The Cliff Ao Nang Resort

Snack & Desert: Ice cream next to Best Western Ban Ao Nang/ Thai Crepe or Thai Pancake (Roo Tee) with banana at any food stall beside the street

Hotel: Pavillion Queen's Bay/ Best Western Ban Ao Nang

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
can anyone recommend a good sandwich place?

Yep, can't remember the name the Sandwich Machine or something like that - new place in Ao Nang on the right hand side of the Sea of Love Plaza opposite McDonalds. Stunning sandwiches, loadsa different breads, fillings etc- having another tomorrow :o

• 4 months later...

In Krabi town a fine, clean and not expensive restaurant, CAfe Europa, Ownded by 2 friendly Danes who've been here for 18 years.

Good Western food and great Danish sandwiches. Really worth stopping by when in Krabi town.

• 2 months later...

The Indian Navrang Mahal is located in Ao Nang, I think near the Krabi Resort.

The famous Thai restaurant Ruen Mai is located at Maharat Rd, Krabi Town, next to the eagle traffic lights.

Ban Ton Kao is something like a Thai farmhouse which looks out over its own paddy field. Located at Klong Chilat junction (look for the restaurants signboard).

Also not to miss:

Sala Bua Thai Restaurant. The restaurant is blessed with a spectacular setting on Ao Nang Beach, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Good Thai and Seafood.

Lo Spuntino Italian Restaurant. Just next to Sala Bua with the same beach setting. The only Italian Chef in Ao Nang. Fresh home made pasta, sauces, pizza, Italian cold cuts, seafood Italian style and delicious steaks (lamb, t-bone, rib eye,etc.) marinated in extra virgin oil and rosemarin.

Gluay Mai - Orchid Garden. Just outside of Ao Nang, on the road towards Klong Muang, pretty location near a small river and is a popular lunch spot. Try the marinated chicken wings, delicious!

My favourite is the breakfast buffet at Krabi Resort - it's in the corner on the right at Ao Nang when you are facing the sea. Ask at reception for the price. The food is good.

Please add your suggestions here.

Nakamanda Resort has a really special setting and some good food.

Maybe a "special occasion" location.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
can anyone recommend a good sandwich place?

The UP Bakery on the road to Aonang, just before the school coming from Krabi has now opened a restaurant next to their bakery, delicious fillings on homemade baguettes. Also following this road passing the first Seven Eleven on the left, Gift's Bakery.

• 5 months later...
In Krabi town a fine, clean and not expensive restaurant, CAfe Europa, Ownded by 2 friendly Danes who've been here for 18 years.

Good Western food and great Danish sandwiches. Really worth stopping by when in Krabi town.

Café Europa is in my opinion a rip off. The portions are small and expensive and lack of taste. The mashed potatoes taste like a banana composite or maybe made of sweet potatoes. The Salmon Sandwich (with 25 grams Frozen Salmon) taste like a water melon.

- Clean, Yes if you like two dogs hanging around in the kitchen.

- Friendly, Yes if you just pay and don’t remark on the louse food.

- Great Sandwich, Yes if you don’t mind frozen bread being quickly defrosted in a microwave.

I only agree , - yes it was better 10 years ago, now it’s a down the sues.

• 4 weeks later...

Café Europa is in my opinion a rip off. The portions are small and expensive and lack of taste. The mashed potatoes taste like a banana composite or maybe made of sweet potatoes. The Salmon Sandwich (with 25 grams Frozen Salmon) taste like a water melon.

- Clean, Yes if you like two dogs hanging around in the kitchen.

- Friendly, Yes if you just pay and don't remark on the louse food.

- Great Sandwich, Yes if you don't mind frozen bread being quickly defrosted in a microwave.

I only agree , - yes it was better 10 years ago, now it's a down the sues.

I like it. Use to buy rye bread and chees there (take home).Well, 200 baht for a bread is not cheap! On the way to Ao Nang, at Na Thai area is another baker. Fresh bread, 65 baht, lovely baquetts etc.

Good restaurant, there is one when you drive from Krabi to Ao Nang. Half way between the last traffic light and the gas station at Sai Tai, on the left side where there is a lot of sharp turns. There is no sign as I can remember. The owner is a western fan (cowboy) and is always in the kitchen him self. Weeery good and cheap food! Seafood? Krua Tara. One small frendly place is Oy's fish and chips.(former english rose) She is married to Mr. John and speek fluent english. After the first 7/11 before the sharp left turn when driving down to Ao Nang. Bon apetit!

• 3 weeks later...
Monsoon restaurant in Ao Nang.

Great salads, soups and sandwiches, my favourite place last season. Also has some daily specials.

Oh My God... the Caesar salad @ Monsoon is to DIE FOR or so i am told.

apart from that, burger king serves late and does a great meat, salad and salsa sandwich 'combo' called a B-U-R-G-E-R. these guys do a take away or eat in... regular customers get a 10% discount card, i have 3 spare, PM for details!

mere joking aside, if you cant find good thai food then give up looking, cos you are a blind tw@, as for western, A1 and the irish rover are a starter for 10...

BTW... i ate all the pies...

I ate at an Italian restaurant called La Luna a couple of years ago...great pizza and a nice atmosphere.It is on the beach road.

But soooooooo overpriced.

Wait, more overpriced is in the new arcade on the beach road, The Blue Orchid I think the restaurant is called, 300thb for a TACO! I asked, "for just one?" and the lady said yes.

Bernie's buffet is o.k., I'm usually not big on buffets but after the thought of a 300 baht taco, an all you can eat salad and barbecue at 250 seemed like a bargain.

• 3 months later...

During the weekend there is a night market with food and fruit stalls, rides for the kids, and a stage where locals perform. It's in a parking lot behind Vouge Shopping center.

While there, we ate at a new restaurant called "2 Seasons". I had a great T-Bone steak, potatoes and garlic bread while my wife had a pork chop with stir fried rice. The drinks were icy cold and it was nice to sit down in a modern setting.

We don't drink, but there is a bar with a new large flat panal screen TV where some farangs were drinking and watching some football.

We had a good time eating, and taking our child on the rides.

Has anybody else eaten there?

Meandwi.

• 2 weeks later...
for vegetarians, i'd recommend Hong Ming which is located on the small road behind vogue department store (sorry the name isn't on my map) and the corner of Maharat Soi 10.

monday to saturday, early morning to approx. 5 pm.

they usually have several different curries, and vegetarian pork and duck. It's chinese vegetarian so they also make 'gweeteow' to order.

the staff doesn't speak much english, but they are very friendly.

if anyone knows the name of the road behind vogue, please post it.

The name of that road is Pleuksa-utis Rd.

post-51408-1252587323_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the best place is the Chao Fa pier night market for all your thai food needs and cheap shakes and beers, great atmosphere too.

Relax cafe (just up from the pier) is by far the best coffee in town as well as great farang food, open until 5pm, very helpful owners too.

For a more fancy lunch or dinner head to Ruen Mai (Maharat Rd) set in lovely gardens, if you like your food thai style be sure to tell them you want it that way and not made for (the Thai idea of) the farang palate!

There is a cool bar / restaurant on the roof top of KR Mansion (Chao Fa Rd) which has great views of the sunsets and the town and delicious fried beef and spicy seafood salads, delivered up to the top floor by a winch!

For excellent Issan food try out Issan Lo-So, on Krabi Road, on the left just before the traffic light intersection to the new pier. Great soups, laabs and salads and cheap beers too!

Enjoy! :)

Archived