Jai Dee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. Drunken Sailors-- Koh Lanta Kantiang

2. Bar Kantiang-- Koh Lanta Kantiang Bay again (BTW, Kantiang is very nice)

3. Night Markets-- depends where you are

4. Sala Bua & Lo Spuntino-- Has changed ownership. Could be different from when this poster last went, no more Soony and Umberto

To help people out Glan, I edited your above post to let them know where they are.

Also, Lyanika, how was Red Devil. I know it's been awhile but let us know. Is it still Umberto's place?

In Krabi Town:

1) A little place close to the new built hospital. Turn left at the hosptial (off Maharad) and first right. The place has a cartoon crab as a logo. Further writing is in Thai, but it's named "Long Sjim".

Great thai food, super clean and cheap. They also do great coffee and home made cake. Great southern dishes and also some western style food. Their fries and chicken are nice tongue.png

2)For Italian, Firenze, down town Krabi, close to the evening food market at the river. Opposite different guest houses. Good prices, great pizza.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

How about places to eat in Krabi town?

Nong Jane, up the road about 200 metres short of the eagle intersection.

Tom Tam, the best sukee and excellent nam tok moo, on the footpath in front of the scout headquarters, almost right on the end of Maharat road

Watsana noodle soup, on the left up past Krabi hospital, for the best noodle soup you will ever taste

Prik Hom, great seafood on the intersection just past Watsana's (shame about the atmosphere though)

Pee Dum's down in Thara park

• 2 months later...

Any place that serves food.

I guess thats a shot at humor ? Keep the day job Paulzed as you're not so funny.

Back on topic, 31 restaurant Krabi Town, excellent food, cheap as chips, 69thb for a nice pork chop plate. They asked me if I liked spicy, "sure" I say. Dang if it wasn't smoking spicy, and when I got my bill the girl was looking at me sort of funny. Got out to the car and had this huge booger hanging out of my nose...ha, ha, ha, spiciness had made my nose run.

Also was told their set breakfast is excellent as well as shakes and smoothies, 31 restaurant:

post-92090-0-74463600-1402117506_thumb.p

• 4 weeks later...

I guess thats a shot at humor ? Keep the day job Paulzed as you're not so funny.

Back on topic, 31 restaurant Krabi Town, excellent food, cheap as chips, 69thb for a nice pork chop plate. They asked me if I liked spicy, "sure" I say. Dang if it wasn't smoking spicy, and when I got my bill the girl was looking at me sort of funny. Got out to the car and had this huge booger hanging out of my nose...ha, ha, ha, spiciness had made my nose run.

Also was told their set breakfast is excellent as well as shakes and smoothies, 31 restaurant:

attachicon.gif31 restaurant.png

If you haven't tried her lasagne, Grumpy, you should! You WON"T believe it's cooked by a Thai. A reasonable (filling) portion, 150b if I remember rightly ;)

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gif31 restaurant.png

If you haven't tried her lasagne, Grumpy, you should! You WON"T believe it's cooked by a Thai. A reasonable (filling) portion, 150b if I remember rightly wink.png

Lasagna there huh? Interesting, o.k.! Will give it a go.

An option for everyone in Ao Nang. Red Devil Grill and Lounge. Chef Umberto cranks out some great food, including what I believe is the best cheeseburger in Ao Nang.

An option for everyone in Ao Nang. Red Devil Grill and Lounge. Chef Umberto cranks out some great food, including what I believe is the best cheeseburger in Ao Nang.

Umberto's pizza is addictive! :-)

I've tried La Luna's pizza, but they just put some toppings (tomato sauce, mozzarella, salami) in the middle of the pizza, not even 50%, so the rest is only "bread". And the pizza at Red Devil is even cheaper! The rest of the "italian" restaurants in Ao Nang are NOT italian, but more indian. :-)

As I saw Umberto also makes paella, I will give a try this week...

^

40 bht for a small bottle of water was enough to make me never go back to that place,might be fine for tourists which its obviously aimed at,but for me places that quadruple a simple bottle of water do not get my repeat custom

Sure,,,,,, wouldn't want to partake in excellent food because they ding you extra for a water..............BTW-all Ao Nang is for tourists, best not go there at all if this is a concern.

^

40 bht for a small bottle of water was enough to make me never go back to that place,might be fine for tourists which its obviously aimed at,but for me places that quadruple a simple bottle of water do not get my repeat custom

Sure,,,,,, wouldn't want to partake in excellent food because they ding you extra for a water..............BTW-all Ao Nang is for tourists, best not go there at all if this is a concern.

The 40 baht water must be at La Luna, where the food is far from excellent and the small beer starts at 110 baht! But this is because of the touristy location and probably the higher rent.

Red Devil is bit outside of Ao Nang, the water is 30 baht, but more important the beer is from 60 baht and the food is excellent! :-D

^

forgive me for having an opinion grumpy ,but yes i wouldn't normally eat in places like this too pricey and they only do farang food all my favourite places to eat are what i call plastic table and chair restaurants,but the one time we went we were in a group of 8/9 people it was mid afternoon i would say 2 out of nine was impressed with the food ,the thais we were with obviously would have preferred thai food and the rest of the group thought it was nothing special,all the group were long time expats.

^

forgive me for having an opinion grumpy ,but yes i wouldn't normally eat in places like this too pricey and they only do farang food all my favourite places to eat are what i call plastic table and chair restaurants,but the one time we went we were in a group of 8/9 people it was mid afternoon i would say 2 out of nine was impressed with the food ,the thais we were with obviously would have preferred thai food and the rest of the group thought it was nothing special,all the group were long time expats.

Kind Sir, was only knocking your opinion of not wanting to go back due to the price of water. Being pretty familiar with Ao Nang I would say 99.5% of the restaurants would not be impressive for Thais as well as overpriced. Really, I wouldn't bother taking Thais for food, into Ao Nang. Even the duck noodle soup place on the curve (a plastic chair affair) is overpriced for noodle-soup. Anyway, all the best to you taninthai, your input always appreciated. BR,GOM

I would suggest a place in Krabi Town, where I visit not too often, but last time I found a small restaurant, called Tawan. It's near the Black Crab statue and the police station there.

Serving - also - mexican food which is very delicious and not expensive at all!

^

Kind Sir, was only knocking your opinion of not wanting to go back due to the price of water. Being pretty familiar with Ao Nang I would say 99.5% of the restaurants would not be impressive for Thais as well as overpriced. Really, I wouldn't bother taking Thais for food, into Ao Nang. Even the duck noodle soup place on the curve (a plastic chair affair) is overpriced for noodle-soup. Anyway, all the best to you taninthai, your input always appreciated. BR,GOM

no worries grumpy i think maybe we just caught red devil on a bad day as i am well aware its quite highly rated ,however when around ao nang last year it was so busy everywhere that even some of my favourite thai places the food wasn't so great ,an example is the what i call yellow sign restaurant right next to the new lai thai condo complex being built normally great food and full of thais but over last high season always packed out with tourist and found the food very greasy ,i put it down to them just being constantly busy and rushing the food out .

• 3 weeks later...

Just discovered recently a new "dim sum" restaurant in town.

Rachasod Dim Sum just a block before the Vogue departement store, chinese style restaurant (red lanterns on the front, neon inside...)

Fresh, delicious food, good and efficient service, my wife and I love it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

U&P bakery, great food, good prices.

On the way out of Ao Nang instead of doing the right toward the fossil mueseum stay straight, righthandside 1KM up.

Excellent sandwiches, "the classic" with chicken,bacon, onion lettuce tomato, bit of honey mustard on the soft chibata bread, yum.

• 2 months later...

I would suggest a place in Krabi Town, where I visit not too often, but last time I found a small restaurant, called Tawan. It's near the Black Crab statue and the police station there.

Serving - also - mexican food which is very delicious and not expensive at all!

I agree. Tawan is good.

Archived