Good Places To Eat In Krabi

Jai Dee

Hey, good people

Any recommendations for a nice Christmas dinner in either Ao Nang, or Krabi Town?

You might check with the people at A One at Hat Napparat, other than that I think you are looking at a resort. Holiday Inn Napparat has quite a nice upstairs venue overlooking the water and generally they are somewhat reasonable with their pricing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks G.O.M.

I went to A One a couple of times and wasn't overly impressed with the food there. Will check out Holiday Inn for their Christmas meal offerings.

Cheers

Understood Aquanaut, the place is sort of "hit-and-miss". Went one time had the mixed grill, all the meat tender and cooked right. Went for the same a month later and that time, I have leather shoes that are more tender taste better. Don't know if it was a supplier or cook differential.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that the Duck Inn Resort might have a claim to the title of best duck noodle soup, a little hard to find though...

...........and it's also renown as a short-time hotel for Thais with mistresses&mia nois so I highly doubt their food is any good. With hourly rates who is actually going to eat there? Truly you jest, yes?

For anyone wanting to plunk down a decent amount of THB on a good steak meal/bottle of wine, Diver's Inn Ao Nang, across from the McDonalds Plaza and up a little. Moneywise it's the opposite spectrum of the duck noodle soup at Ting, but the owner Jurgen puts out a good steak and a quality wine selection.

Er, no, I jest not. I fail to follow your reasoning that because a restaurant is associated with short time room rental then the food will be rubbish. The noodle place is on the road away from the entrance to the 'resort' and throughout the many visits that I have made to the place neither I nor any of my companions felt that we were eating in anything other than a pleasant environment. The duck noodles are, by the way, excellent and I wonder whether you have even been there or if perhaps your rant is based purely on hearsay.

• 3 months later...
On 24/05/2016 at 4:25 PM, grumpyoldman said:

...........and it's also renown as a short-time hotel for Thais with mistresses&mia nois so I highly doubt their food is any good. With hourly rates who is actually going to eat there? Truly you jest, yes?

For anyone wanting to plunk down a decent amount of THB on a good steak meal/bottle of wine, Diver's Inn Ao Nang, across from the McDonalds Plaza and up a little. Moneywise it's the opposite spectrum of the duck noodle soup at Ting, but the owner Jurgen puts out a good steak and a quality wine selection.

Yeah Divers Inn does some good nosh.

• 8 months later...

If you like Mexican food visit the Crazy Gringo bar. It's located just off beach road after you turn the corner onto beach road. Two of my friends and myself just spent three days in Ao Nang and Gringos was our favorite place. They do have food other than Mexican. Beer was 70 baht for a small bottle and the waitresses were friendly, always on the move and amusing.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, kev1n said:

I really appreciate the fresh fried fish from Krabi area. Basic, tasty and joyful

Deep fried Red Snapper in three flavour sauce, mmmm aroy, don't know where to get a good one these days though, it's been a while.

20 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Deep fried Red Snapper in three flavour sauce, mmmm aroy, don't know where to get a good one these days though, it's been a while.

Been to Ko Lanta recently, and the fish in Apsara restaurant is just spectacular ! Go taste it when you have time. Kurissara is an absolute hit for me in Bangkok. Hope it helps you dude :smile:

Archived