Caught With "fake" Degree!

A friend of mine has been caught by Immigration and Education using a "fake" degree,.

He worked for a well know Language School and after 6 months they decided to check, and it came back "fake". So the school understandably released him from his contract but insisted they would not go any further.

However after a year, yes a year he recieved a letter from Education & Immigration calling him into their office, so he went, "which I thought he should not have done", but anyhow he went.

They took him to court fined him 3000thb and gave a 3 month suspended sentence, phew he thought, but that was not all, then immigration said that was the court now they have their turn.

They told him he would be deported and had to stay in the cells until deportation, unless he paid 10000thb, which he did. so top and bottom of it is he will be deported on the 6th August. does anyone kow of anything he can do?

regards

Foolish to go into the offoce aftter 1 year. I feel sorry for the guy as I've known hundreds of decent guys using fake degrees.

It was once alright to do but I guess times are changing for the worse. Soon the sad day will come when corruption will be against the law.

I'd recommend total denial if getting caught with anything. How can they tell if it's a fake degree. If getting a fake degree, get one from a uni that doesn't exist anymore. Don't you have to give them permission to ask your uni?

Edited by Neeranam

Foolish to go into the offoce aftter 1 year. I feel sorry for the guy as I've known hundreds of decent guys using fake degrees.

It was once alright to do but I guess times are changing for the worse. Soon the sad day will come when corruption will be against the law.

I'd recommend total denial if getting caught with anything. How can they tell if it's a fake degree. If getting a fake degree, get one from a uni that doesn't exist anymore. Don't you have to give them permission to ask your uni?

I am an Engineer without a degree but I have never lied about it, I just don't bring up the conversation. But, if needed, this was my idea also.

Yeah, this story reads pretty fishy to say the least. What does this mean 'he received a letter from Education & Immigration'. I didnt know they worked so well together to be able to send out similar letters simultaneously. Who took him to court and had him fined and given a suspended sentence - Min of Education?

How would they have found him after a year? You mean he was still residing at the same address as when he was originally caught?

What's this 10,000baht lark? Is he gonna get it back?

Personally, like cdnvic, I can't see how immigration are gonna just let him wonder the streets before deportation. And why Aug 6, where did Immigration get that fixed date from?

If this is really true, then your buddy probably can not just simply exit the country - his name will be in the com. and be denied exit.

Okay, we've had some fun, and we'll leave this topic where everybody can read it. First, we have a post about somebody who criminally presented a fake diploma/degree, got caught, made more mistakes, got caught and punished worse, and will supposedly soon be deported.

We all agree that even if 989 people used to get away with this in the old days, it's a crime and a shame and stupid to try nowadays. We agree that the story has holes in it.

Don't buy a fake degree. Don't falsify your resume/CV. Don't tell porkies if you're trying to simulate professional work.

We've discussed this to death, here and elsewhere. Topic closed for now. Thanks, y'all.