Bored In Nakhon And Nothing To Read - Book Swap?

TheLorax

Nakhon seems to lack good used book shops, and the English selection at Ocean seems to be limited to Harry Potter, Dan Brown, and those horrible Asia Press books about getting scammed by Thai bar girls and/or spending time in BKK prison.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in a book swap?

A quick inventory says I have:

- Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut

- Monkey Brain Sushi, a collection of Japanese short stories

- Lonely Planet Taiwan

- Lucky Jim, Kingsley Amis

- The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien

- Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit, PG Wodehouse

- JPOD, Doug Coupland

- Notes of a Dirty Old Man, Charles Bukowski

TheLorax Posted Today, 2007-07-26 02:17:01

Nakhon seems to lack good used book shops, and the English selection at Ocean seems to be limited to Harry Potter, Dan Brown, and those horrible Asia Press books about getting scammed by Thai bar girls and/or spending time in BKK prison.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in a book swap?

A quick inventory says I have:

- Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut

- Monkey Brain Sushi, a collection of Japanese short stories

- Lonely Planet Taiwan

- Lucky Jim, Kingsley Amis

- The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien

- Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit, PG Wodehouse

- JPOD, Doug Coupland

- Notes of a Dirty Old Man, Charles Bukowski

We have a book swap section in my wife's restaurant, its not a great library, about 100 books and growing. Anyone is welcome to hand a book in and take one out. Book donations also accepted!

Turn left out of Ocean, down to the traffic lights and turn right, out of town. Its four km. down, you will pass a cement works on your right (1km), keep on going about another three. Just after the small crossroads turn left into Baan Saeng Dewan Laguna. Shop houses are on the left just inside the gates. You will pass several moo-baans on the way down, Saeng Dewan is the last one, look for the big, formerly, ornate entrance. Apart from the T-junction at the cement works there is only the small crossroads before the moo-baan.

Sean

We have a book swap section in my wife's restaurant, its not a great library, about 100 books and growing. Anyone is welcome to hand a book in and take one out. Book donations also accepted!

That's interesting to know. I might pop down with some of my finished books and see what you've got.

When it's 2 AM and I can't sleep, that's a pretty good time to be wishing I had something to read.
At 02 17 LT you thought this was a good idea? Where do you really live?

Tiger

Must have been awful :o

There are some Thai bookstores that will send english books, might be worth checking out. Naiin.com, while in Thai, does stock books in English. Worth emailing them directly to see what they have and what it'll cost.