? About My Non-im "o" 1 Yr. Multi Entry Visa

my family and i are moving from the united states to thailand in a couple of months. we've each obtained multi-entry non-immigrant "o" one year visas. we also have one way tickets purchased from the u.s. to go to our new home in thailand. i have a few questions:

1. has anyone ever had any trouble with the airlines or immigration in thailand by arriving with one way tickets? (we're flying american air, korean air, and thai air.)

2. do we have to leave the country every 90 days or just report to the immigration office?

3. do we have to show documentation of our income at any point with the airlines or immigration, or does the visa suffice? i've seen some requirements with our type of visa that mention showing income documentation or proof of a certain amount of money.

thanks for any help.

Edited by brayer

1) cant answer about anyone ever, but you should have no problem arriving in Thailand without an onward ticket provided you have a visa (which you have)

2) With the visa you have you will have to leave and re-enter Thailand at the most convenient place before your entry stamp of 90days expires, You can do that by road or air, no need to stay more than minutes in the other country.

3) Once again, with a visa you are unlikely to be asked for any other documents or even proof of funds but if you are I'm sure you'll have some cash or credit cards with you which will be accepted.

Depending upon your age/circumstances you may be able to change your current visas once in Thailand to 12 months extentions which will alleviate the need to leave the country every 90days but look around this forum regarding retirement visas (for that you will need to show proof of funds)

Yep, Mahout Angrit has it ^^^ :o

I have a non-o (my 3rd) as I travel a lot and can't guarantee being in country for extension time every year. Occasionally have to find the visa for the check-in person but otherwise never had a problem boarding a flight.

A border hop every 90 days is required.

I believe you're supposed to have 10k Baht on you when you enter, I've never been asked for it.

Do remember to keep your boarding cards from your inward flight, immigration have (sometimes) been asking for them, otherwise you'll be fine :D

I have been to Thai many times (my wife is Thai) we're both in Australia. You already have a visa so a one way ticket wont be a problem. It's as simple as crossing a border and then returning to allow a further stay. Rules and regulations in Thai are a joke and you will find 'contradictions' everywhere all the time.

So relaxed and an easy place to live ! We will be going back to stay soon.

Yep, Mahout Angrit has it ^^^ :o

I have a non-o (my 3rd) as I travel a lot and can't guarantee being in country for extension time every year. Occasionally have to find the visa for the check-in person but otherwise never had a problem boarding a flight.

A border hop every 90 days is required.

I believe you're supposed to have 10k Baht on you when you enter, I've never been asked for it.

Do remember to keep your boarding cards from your inward flight, immigration have (sometimes) been asking for them, otherwise you'll be fine :D

The amount is 20k not 10 ! You should have this amount with you whereever you enter , just in case .

I have heared about reports when asked and it is not pretty talking when you haven't . I have never been asked

also and I entered well maybe 40 times ....so..... But still have seen some elderly people being asked to show some money .

Yes, above is correct, it's now 20K thai baht you must have to reenter. There is a sign coming in to thailand from MaiSai crossing that states the 20K requirement. I have only heard of a handful of people being asked to physically see the money. It's a good idea to have it with you "just in case".

thanks for all of the great replies. i've been contacting airlines to make sure we don't have trouble. so far everyone thinks we're fine going in with one way tickets since we already have the visas. plus we have a letter from our sending organization that says they are responsible for repatriation, so maybe that's helping too. but, haven't heard from the last airline yet. i'm contacting the consulate where we got our visa as well. i did have one airline tell me about the money thing. he said if i have the visa and sufficient funds, we can go on a one way. i'm calling them back again to see if i get the same answer from them. thanks for all the help. it's nice to hear from other folks that have gone through the same thing. this all gets confusing - visas, tickets, going in and out. lots of hoops, but i'm sure it will be worth it when we get there.