BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Jockstar

Rules For The Epl Prediction Competition.

Guys here are the rules set out by Chonabot the first year. They seemed to work ok. So we will go with his rules again. Predictions must be in by SATURDAY MORNING 10AM SYDNEY TIME. Anyone sending in late predictions may or may not have then included. Sydney time is 3 hours ahead of Thailand at the moment. I will try my hardest to get the results up on the site as soon as i can. This year i have included the midweek games aswell. So dont forget to post then or you may miss out on some extra points. As i said in the prediction form thread. Completed forms must be sent to jockstar@thaivisa.com . Thanks guys for entering this years comp. Good luck.

Chons rules from last year.

EPL competition rules

POINTS SCORING: The points scoring will be as follows

1 point for each correct score

2 points for correct result

2 points for correct scores and result.

1point bonus for each goal scored in an absolute correct prediction (Sorry no extra for a correct 0-0)

So a total of 6 points are available plus bonus point per goal.

SO IF A MATCH RESULT WAS 3-1.

If you predicted 3-0. This would score 1 point for the 3 prediction and 2 points for the result thus you score 3 points.

If you predicted 1-1. This would score 1 point for the 1 prediction and no other points thus you score 1 point.

If you predicted 3-1. This would score 1 point for the 3 prediction and 1 point for the 1 prediction 2 points for correct result and a further 2 points for correct score thus you score a maximum 6 points. Plus 4 bonus points for each goal scored for a completely correct prediction giving a Total of 10 points.

Note: If you predicted 0-0 for a game and the result was 1-0 or 2-0 etc. You score no points. 0 only gets you points in the event of a totally correct score.

One final point to remember, if your predictions are late they will not be entered, if you forget to make an entry there will\be no default predictions.

No predictions = No points

***-I take no responsibility for games being cancelled or dates changed. If theres no game on the date on the prediction sheets. That game will be nil and void.

2 people have asked about points this week. The rules are basically the same as last year. But one slight exception. Please read this rule below. Thanks. JS

Note: If you predicted 0-0 for a game and the result was 1-0 or 2-0 etc. You score no points. 0 only gets you points in the event of a totally correct score.

I have been asked by a few people. What exactly is the cut off time for predictions? Well as you can see from my first post above. Its Saturday 10am Sydney time. . Which basically means. If i dont have your predictions by the time i get up Saturday morning. AT THE LATEST!!! You will get no points for that week. This is the last time i point this out. Thanks and good luck.

Please make yourselves aware of the new rule regarding getting predictions in. Thanks!

NEW RULE FOR THE COMING SEASON!!

This rule is being put in place to allow for higher scoring weeks and bonus points. Keeps it fresh in my opinion.

Anyway the simple rule is this.

1 Banker will be allowed per week. That means if there are games on the weekend. You may nominate one game and one game only that will be your banker. You then score DOUBLE points for that one game. So an example being.

You predict 1-0 but the score is 2-0. Intead of scoring 2 points. You get 4. But if however you predict 1-0 and the score is indeed 1-0. You score 14 points instead of the usual 7. I hope that makes sense. Any questions then feel free to ask in the thread that can be found 2010-2011 season thread

+++Please put a B by your banker game++++

Edited by Jockstar
  • Like 1

**************UPDATED RULES PLEASE READ************************

Guys here are the rules set out by Chonabot in the first year of this comp. They seemed to work ok. So we will go with his rules again. Predictions must be in by SATURDAY MIDDAY SYDNEY TIME. Anyone sending in late predictions may or may not have then included. Sydney time is 3 hours ahead of Thailand at the moment. I will try my hardest to get the results up on the site as soon as i can. This year i have included the midweek games aswell. So dont forget to post then or you may miss out on some extra points. As i said in the prediction form thread. Completed forms must be sent to jockstar@thaivisa.com . Thanks guys for entering this years comp. Good luck.

Chons rules from previous years.

EPL competition rules

POINTS SCORING: The points scoring will be as follows

1 point for each correct score

2 points for correct result

2 points for correct scores and result.

1point bonus for each goal scored in an absolute correct prediction (Sorry no extra for a correct 0-0)

So a total of 6 points are available plus bonus point per goal.

SO IF A MATCH RESULT WAS 3-1.

If you predicted 3-0. This would score 1 point for the 3 prediction and 2 points for the result thus you score 3 points.

If you predicted 1-1. This would score 1 point for the 1 prediction and no other points thus you score 1 point.

If you predicted 3-1. This would score 1 point for the 3 prediction and 1 point for the 1 prediction 2 points for correct result and a further 2 points for correct score thus you score a maximum 6 points. Plus 4 bonus points for each goal scored for a completely correct prediction giving a Total of 10 points.

One final point to remember, if your predictions are late they will not be entered, if you forget to make an entry there will\be no default predictions.

No predictions = No points

***-I take no responsibility for games being cancelled or dates changed. If theres no game on the date on the prediction sheets. That game will be nil and void.

NEW RULE FOR THE COMING SEASON!!

This rule is being put in place to allow for higher scoring weeks and bonus points. Keeps it fresh in my opinion.

Anyway the simple rule is this.

1 Banker will be allowed per week. That means if there are games on the weekend. You may nominate one game and one game only that will be your banker. You then score DOUBLE points for that one game. So an example being.

You predict 1-0 but the score is 2-0. Intead of scoring 2 points. You get 4. But if however you predict 1-0 and the score is indeed 1-0. You score 14 points instead of the usual 7. I hope that makes sense. Any questions then feel free to ask in the thread that can be found 2010-2011 comp thread

+++Please put a B by your banker game++++

Edited by Jockstar

In the past few years i have chased people when they have not submitted their predictions. I will not be doing that this year. I dont have the same time. Also if you sign up and feel you wont be able to submit your predictions each week. Then just fill out the sheets complete. That way you wont forget. Thanks.

• Like 1