Wanted: A Respectable Female English Teacher For A Girl School

hey gals and guys :o . I wonder if this site can help me find a female english teacher to teach in a girl school in the northeast (Korat) of Thailand.

I also would like to invite 5 Brits and any other nationalites to help me out with an English camp scheduled next month on the 25th and 26th of August. I can't promise any huge amount of money for your services but you will probably become a huge part in a student's life. The camp will be held at Khao Yai (Pakchong). The camp site site is at Golden Valley Hotel and Resort. I am authorized to reimbursed the cost of transportation plus a small token of money.

What about the work permit? This does sound like something Thai law would require a work permit for.

Since this is a public forum, I know where I would be on the 25th and 26th of August if I worked for the Ministry of Labor. Scooping up illegal farang workers at the Golden Valley Hotel and Resort in Khao Yai (Pakchong).

I hate to be a killjoy but it sounds like your setting up people for failure.

Edited by richard10365

I'm also going to have to be a bit of a killjoy in responding as a female teacher.

A few schools get female teachers in the 30K range by hiring freshly graduated teachers from overseas. Some see it as an opportunity to add to their CV and travel and they have a grace period to repay their student loans for a few months. Many of them are a bit shocked when they realize that women (especially kindergarten teachers) can get at least 50-60K in Bangkok. Others pay to find a volunteer position (also, in part, to add to the resume.) They also can become disillusioned when they figure out the money they are missing out on. Because female teachers are scarce in Thailand (my guess would be 20% of the general teachers market is female, on the high side) they can and often do expect higher pay.

As a personal aside, I tried to work in a Thai school in the provinces with middle class kids for a lower wage. "We are a poor school", only went so far as I saw the owner's huge house and collection of Benzes. There was no way that I would have felt safe on my own in a house there and eventually the long commute from BKK and the BS made me quit. It was sad to say goodbye to the kids, but I was getting so angry that I would not have served them well as a teacher. A man could be much better suited for the job because of the country lifestyle, IMHO. (A female friend of mine lived alone in a house and had a man with a knife break in while she was there, and obviously awake, so I really do think we are more vulnerable.)

Thailand is not the friendliest place for single females and anyone moving to a new country can be high-maintenance at times. While I understand that Thai parents prefer women as pre-school teachers, there are far more men available for these jobs. Perhaps you can find someone you find is the best teacher for the job, male or female.