Best Place To Purchase A Washing Machine

mogoso

Popping over to LOS for a few days so I won't have much free time to comparison shop for price and quality.

I understand the washer I bought a decade past has gone to the old appliance shop in the sky. I seek a resonably priced washer with a spin cycle, not the cheap dual tub with a wringer attached to it.

As my wife isn't coming with me this trip I gotta get it right on all counts or suffer her wrath when she and I return for 6 weeks in Jan. Feb

Ok her wrath isn't hard to take, but I prefer to hear good job, to you go shopping baba bobo? :o

Popping over to LOS for a few days so I won't have much free time to comparison shop for price and quality.

I understand the washer I bought a decade past has gone to the old appliance shop in the sky. I seek a resonably priced washer with a spin cycle, not the cheap dual tub with a wringer attached to it.

As my wife isn't coming with me this trip I gotta get it right on all counts or suffer her wrath when she and I return for 6 weeks in Jan. Feb

Ok her wrath isn't hard to take, but I prefer to hear good job, to you go shopping baba bobo? :o

We got ours from Makro. Good selection there and I suspect they are highly competitive on price

Siam TV have a good choice and were slightly cheaper than Powerbuy at Airport Plaza.

Their service is always pretty good and they have a full staff which covers maintenance and repair.

I would never buy anything where I only see the sales staff they are not much good once you have been parted from your money.

Looked around a fair bit - and settled on Tesco a month or two back - offers always changing, but Powerhouse mostly more pricey. What model you get is your choice - all types available - make sure can be plumbed in as well as delivered for you. R

Looked around a fair bit - and settled on Tesco a month or two back - offers always changing, but Powerhouse mostly more pricey. What model you get is your choice - all types available - make sure can be plumbed in as well as delivered for you. R

When has Tesco ever done delivery or plumbing?

Stick with Siam TV as others have suggested. In my experience, they have the best sales/service in Chiang Mai.

Edited by Ajarn

I did the rounds of the usual suspects and worked out the best price for delivery and installation including modifying the plumbing to suit. On the day they came, unloaded it from the truck, took it out of the box and started to walk away. I stopped them and explained that the deal was to do the plumbing as was written on the delivery docket. Ahh no they explained - it was a mistake. Ahh right a mistake written and negotiated in Thai with additional expense for the plumbing. Too bad, so sad, never mind they said. Called the customer service number who told me that it should be installed but I would have to pay an extra charge over the additional charge already paid. Fine I said - turned to the guys and said "pack it up and take it back" Got them to endorse the delivery ticket that the machine was returned. Went back and got my refund and on the way home pulled into the little shop selling white goods and motor bikes etc. Asked them if they had the machine - no but could have it by the next morning. How much - price was lower than my negotiated price with the big store. Told them that it would need plumbing done - no problem no charge. Machine arrived next morning, they installed it, did the necessary plumbing and modified the electrical as well. Gave the guys a hundred baht tip each and then discovered that my machine was actually an upscale model over the one I had originally ordered. Went up the road to the shop and told them I thought I had the wrong machine and they told me that it was correct. Explained that the departments and discount chains get a bulk lot of older stock and discount them to sell them off. However the discount is on the full price and is not what they would normally sell for.

Not saying that the discount stores aren't any good but so far my 2 aircons plus the washing machine have cost me less than what I could get them for at any of the big discount stores plus they send someone around every three months to do a 20 minute service on them for free. Works for me and I like supporting the smaller stores.

CB

Saha Panit has given good reasonably priced washing machine service over many years. They often have one brand or another on sale.

But I'd give CB's small shops a go if he could tell where they are. I too like supporting small shops where you can talk to an owner who can make decisions.

Edited by Bill97

I did the rounds of the usual suspects and worked out the best price for delivery and installation including modifying the plumbing to suit. On the day they came, unloaded it from the truck, took it out of the box and started to walk away. I stopped them and explained that the deal was to do the plumbing as was written on the delivery docket. Ahh no they explained - it was a mistake. Ahh right a mistake written and negotiated in Thai with additional expense for the plumbing. Too bad, so sad, never mind they said. Called the customer service number who told me that it should be installed but I would have to pay an extra charge over the additional charge already paid. Fine I said - turned to the guys and said "pack it up and take it back" Got them to endorse the delivery ticket that the machine was returned. Went back and got my refund and on the way home pulled into the little shop selling white goods and motor bikes etc. Asked them if they had the machine - no but could have it by the next morning. How much - price was lower than my negotiated price with the big store. Told them that it would need plumbing done - no problem no charge. Machine arrived next morning, they installed it, did the necessary plumbing and modified the electrical as well. Gave the guys a hundred baht tip each and then discovered that my machine was actually an upscale model over the one I had originally ordered. Went up the road to the shop and told them I thought I had the wrong machine and they told me that it was correct. Explained that the departments and discount chains get a bulk lot of older stock and discount them to sell them off. However the discount is on the full price and is not what they would normally sell for.

Not saying that the discount stores aren't any good but so far my 2 aircons plus the washing machine have cost me less than what I could get them for at any of the big discount stores plus they send someone around every three months to do a 20 minute service on them for free. Works for me and I like supporting the smaller stores.

CB

Nice washing machine story.

CB

Going to head out looking to purchase washer in a few hours, I'd like to go to this place as we're in a moo ban north of Bo Sang, but will go looking at Siam and two or three others mentioned here. If not today it'll wait for a couple of days as gotta pop on down to Bangkok for an embassy visit.