Bringing A Pet To Thailand

mogoso

OK I know Thailand has 150 species of snakes, and probably doesn't need more. But I've a King Snake, that I've been raising and have become attached too, so to speak, and wonder if the rules for snakes are similiar to that of other pets in bringing them to Thailand.

For those of you not aquianted with king snakes, they are nonvenomous and make good pets, as well as great garden snakes due to their proclivity of eating venomous snakes, as well as rats and other small rodents.

It would add to the neighborhood gossip about that crazy farang keeping snakes at his home. BTW my thai wife while not friendly toward the snake, has learned to tolerate him.

OK I know Thailand has 150 species of snakes, and probably doesn't need more. But I've a King Snake, that I've been raising and have become attached too, so to speak, and wonder if the rules for snakes are similiar to that of other pets in bringing them to Thailand.

For those of you not aquianted with king snakes, they are nonvenomous and make good pets, as well as great garden snakes due to their proclivity of eating venomous snakes, as well as rats and other small rodents.

It would add to the neighborhood gossip about that crazy farang keeping snakes at his home. BTW my thai wife while not friendly toward the snake, has learned to tolerate him.

This one is going to take a bit of a chat with the Agricultural Counsellor at the Royal Thai Embassy in your homeland. Your airline might ( only might ) have some clues, but I'm sure you'll agree this is not a common imported pet.