What To Do In Issarn?

Neeranam

Hi, I am new to this thing, and new to Khon Kaen.

I worked in Bangkok for 9 years, but had it with the traffic and dirt.

been in Issarn for a fewe weeks and so far so good.

I am looking things to do mid-week. I am a keen, but not very good golfer(re 100).

I would be pleased to hear if there are good things to do around the area.

I am married to a Thai, not Issarnese, and have a little daughter.

Cheers

Meeranam(not real name)

I'm a fair distance from you but I live 55 Km's from both Surin and Buriram.

Both of these towns have 9 hole golf courses run by the army. A round will typically cost you 2-300 baht and another 200 baht for a caddy. Thats playing as a non member.

If you pay the yearly membership (and play frequently enough) then the cost per round is lower, same goes for caddy charge.

They courses are well maintained and you are welcomed by the army.

Prices are clearly posted and there is no double charging etc.

You can also hire a set of clubs for a round (2-300 baht) - but there is no shoe hire.

See if there are similar run courses near you - I am sure there will be!

you can have a beer with me at the "Lighthouse Bar", am there most days around 14:00.

Is that in Khon Kaen? Whereabout, if I am in town and it is central I may just say hi.

Only place I have been to in town is ABS night club as a relative owns it.

Its in the Charon Thani hotel car park area, near the Bangkok bank main branch and the 711 next it on Shrichipan rd. Is very central. Nice outside setting under lots of cover, can get a feed and they put the beer on ice for me, one guy actually puts it in the freezer.

There are no big signs or anything you will just maybe notice a statue of a lighthouse.

• Like 1

you can have a beer with me at the "Lighthouse Bar", am there most days around 14:00.

Only 14.00 pm?? :o That's a bit late in the day to get the first one down your throat is it not Bronco?

I would have thought it was a bit early, if you want to hit the golf ball straight?

Not at all. I always found that one pint before the 1st and another after the 9th hole, helped no end in hitting the ball long and straight. however, the 3rd and 4th pints in the 19th, had a negative effect on the afternoon's driving, both off the tee and on the way home. :D

That was in England, but reckon it would soon be sweated off, if I tried the same in LOS. :o

• 2 weeks later...