Will They Or Won't They 2nd Installment

warriors

Leeds well as my other posts say with the 15 points deduction Will they or won't they get out b4 they were at 15/2 odds on to make it out.

Where do you think they will finish this year??? Top middle bottom half ot goneeeeeeeeeeeeeee down.

My thoughts are around 8th place.

GO YOU LEEDS BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :o

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds well as my other posts say with the 15 points deduction Will they or won't they get out b4 they were at 15/2 odds on to make it out.

Where do you think they will finish this year??? Top middle bottom half ot goneeeeeeeeeeeeeee down.

My thoughts are around 8th place.

GO YOU LEEDS BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :o

Playing Torquay next season. C'mon the Gull's :D

Leeds fans facing up to relegation dogfight

Leeds fans are preparing for another relegation battle next season after the club were given the green light to start their first season League One - with a 15 point deficit.

The Football League have finally agreed to hand back the club's share and allow them to launch the 2007/8 campaign at Tranmere next Saturday.

But they will do so with the 15 point penalty for failing to comply with the League's stringent rules on insolvency.

Although the decision ends fans' fears they might not have a team to support next season and months of uncertainty over the club's future after going into administration on May 4, hopes of bouncing back to the Championship at the first attempt have been dealt a huge blow.

Leeds United Supporters' Trust chairman Rick Duniec said: 'Without doubt there has been a collective sigh of relief among fans. Leeds fans no longer look for good things to happen, but the least bad.

'So given all the other possible outcomes that could have happened, we have to be grateful.

'The biggest problem was kicking off the new season in the Football League and the next was getting the share back.

'Well we've got those two things we wanted more than anything else. It makes us a normal football club again.

'On the down side we've been hit with a 15-point deduction - but fans must remember it could have been relegation.

'Our destiny in some way is still in our own hands. We can sign new players, albeit with only a week until the start of the season, but it's still positive.

'Those Leeds fans hoping for a glorious march towards promotion next season just ain't going to get it.

'It will be a fight against relegation rest assured, but we can survive, I'm also sure of that.''

Leeds have appealed against the punishment and their case will now be heard at a special meeting of all league clubs, to be arranged in due course.

But Duniec added: 'My feeling is there are two levels of understanding among fans.

'There will be those thinking 'they're kicking us when we're down yet again', but in the wider business community I think there's the feeling that (chairman Ken) Bates should be grateful for small mercies.''

Duniec warned the Football League's decision to hand back Leeds their share was not necessarily the end of a sorry saga that has dragged on throughout the summer.

Under Football League rules all 41 clubs who have previously gone into administration have only been handed back their share after completing a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) where creditors' debts are settled.

Leeds' CVA was scrapped by administrators KPMG when the Inland Revenue, owed £7.7million by the club in unpaid taxes, challenged it in the High Court.

KPMG then sold the club, quite legitimately under insolvency laws, back to Bates, but the absence of a CVA meant the League's rules had been broken.

The Football League and KPMG have yet to confirm whether the club's football creditors have been paid in full or not.

Duniec added: 'If the football creditors have been paid in full the Football League will be happy, but you can guarantee that it's not over between Bates and the Inland Revenue.

'They won't be happy about that because of course they are still owed £7.7million.

'If the football creditors have not been paid in full there's the possibility of further recriminations from the Football League.'

Rage against the machine the protests have already started in Leeds, in response to K W Bates assertion that 99% of fans were behind him like "Saddam Hussein and he lied", In response Leeds fans in their own inimitable style have launched a protest of "shoes off if you hate Ken Bates" this is based on the fact that when Saddams statue was toppled in Baghdad people beat it with their shoes one day maybe we will beat Ken Bates with our shoes.

MOT

Fantastic start. A leeds mate in the UK reports that what was best was hearing the players chanting in the dressing room, while Wise was doing his post-match interview. The spirit sounds great.

As I've already said, they will use this 15point sanction (voted for, ironically, by their rivals in a disgusting spirit of self-interest) to galvanise their siege mentality. This is a turning point.

it might be of some interest to leeds united fans here to know that peter ridsdale and cardiff city are being sued for 30 million pounds for some financial jiggery pokery.

Last Updated: Tuesday, 14 August 2007, 19:31 GMT 20:31 UK . bbc sport

Cardiff facing court over '£30m'

Legal proceedings have been initiated against Cardiff City

Cardiff City's main financial backers have initiated legal proceedings against the club over claims they have not repaid more than £30m in debts.

Law firm Hextalls LLP, acting on behalf of Cardiff backers Langston, have accused the club's board of mismanaging their finances.

Cardiff are also accused of misleading the public about the health of their accounts for the year ending May 2006.

"Any allegations are refuted," said Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale.

Ridsdale added: "The statements released by Hextalls LLP seem to be an ill informed mixture of fiction and general confusion."

The Hextalls LLP's statement read: "Our client's claim is that this sum is due for payment now as a result of the club's inability to meet certain deadlines as well as breaching the terms of its loan agreement in respect of the capital sum plus interest.

"It had been hoped to resolve the matter privately and in confidence but the club has repeatedly ignored numerous requests to discuss the debt and its implications.

"As a result of legal proceedings commencing, the issues have now become public and therefore this statement is being made.

"The court action is being taken reluctantly but our client has been left with no alternative following the club's failure to respond to repeated approaches."

Edited by taxexile

Taxexile, your post comes as no suprise. Anything with Ridsdale involved in is likely to be dodgy. What I can't understand is how he is allowed to run a football club? And secondly why anybody in their right mind would employ him to do so?

If anyone can come up with a good reason, then I'd be very suprised.

The guy should get a life ban from football as far as I am concerned.

A great 4-1 win over Southend on Saturday, adding to last week's win and the midweek victory over the Macc Lads in the League Cup.

What's more impressive than the result is the way they got it. An early opening goal, then they seemed to absorb a lot of Southend pressure before conceding in the 68th minute. In the past four seasons, that would have led to heads dropping and an inevitable late defeat.

Not this year, and not under Wise. Wise seems to have got this team really fit, and he's not tactical idiot either. Bring on Flo, make more use of the winger Carole and, bouyed on by the crowd, they scored three times in the last five minutes.

Awesome spirit, backed by 24000 crowd, the fourth or fifth biggest of the day.

Lord Malwhinnie and you lickspittle Football League chairmen, you can stick your disgraceful fifteen point deduction up your arse. For me, that was a turning point and it seems to have really galvanised a siege mentality at the club which - frankly - is a welcome return to the old Leeds spirit.

MOT.

Yep...good result on Saturday.....the next game will see them come unstuck at the mighty reds! :D

The mighty reds? Isn't that the team that got drubbed 2-5 at home to The Wurzles in the playoffs last season. Looks like they still have a bit of a hangover from that. :o

Lord Malwhinnie and you lickspittle Football League chairmen, you can stick your disgraceful fifteen point deduction up your arse. For me, that was a turning point and it seems to have really galvanised a siege mentality at the club which - frankly - is a welcome return to the old Leeds spirit.

spot on .

spot on .

Well Brian was not exactly a politician who covered himself in glory with his idealism, more of a toadying creep, before he became a Lord and then followed up with this appointment.

I have no idea, how he has become so involved with the Football league, but knowing how politicised some of these people have made what they deem as their own personal feifdoms then, I suppose it is a match made in heaven. The FA, Football League and career politicians have so much in common.

Edited by mrtoad

I was listening to it online at Radio Nottingham. Amazing game. We've won every game this season (including the League Cup) in the last fifteen minutes. It speaks volumes to Wise and Poyet's sense of discipline that our fitness is so good.

Highlight of the match? As the final whistle went, the Leeds fans were singing "Football League, Football League, You can stick your points deduction up your arse."

Edited by bendix

Listened to the game on Radio Leeds it was a bit of a rollercoaster ride to say the least. But it was sweet to put one on them so late. Think Forest will be thereabouts at the end of the season but so will we !!!

I would predict that if we beat Luton and Hartlepool respectively both at home and probably in front of large crowds, then that will be five of the top teams in this league dispatched.

I still believe we haven't hit full form yet, and with a few extra faces to add a little more depth to our squad then I realistically predict a playoff birth come the end of the season.

And as a postscript I would like to say to my old pal Sunderland if he is trawling this thread see you next season loser.

Cheers

We have the small matter of an away tie against Portsmouth in the League Cup on Tuesday.

If I was Dennis Wise, I would send down a team of under 18 year old reserves to show the club's utter disdain for any trophy associated with the Football League and that tosser Malwhinnie.

Actually, let me take it stage further. I would withdraw completely. If Man Utd can do it in the FA Cup, Leeds can do it too.

Great win yesterday. I thought it had finished 1-1

Shame Southend won though,

Still if you win every game you will win the league.

Agree about the "Mickey Mouse Cup"...though I bet AF would love to win that this year !!!

Reading always play the reserves mixed with the youth team