Will They Or Won't They 2nd Installment

warriors

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds handed new sanction by FA

Leeds United have been barred from full membership of the Football Association after being unable to prove all their non-football creditors have been paid.

The League One side still owe unpaid tax and VAT to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) following their spell in administration earlier this year.

United will still be able to compete in all competitions, including the FA Cup.

However, they will be unable to vote at any FA general meetings or receive FA Cup final tickets, as other clubs do.

A statement on the club's website read: "The club has made an application to the FA to transfer full membership following administration.

"The Football Association have not yet approved this request as we have been unable to demonstrate that all non-football creditors have been satisfied.

"All monies owed to other football clubs and members of the football family have been met in full.

"The reason that non-football creditors have not yet been satisfied is that the CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) was not completed due to the stance of the HMRC.

"The club would prefer to be a full member of the FA, but it is also comfortable that not being a member will not prevent us from doing anything we need to do."

The club's failure to agree a CVA, as per the Football League's rules governing insolvency, has already cost them a 15-point penalty which the League imposed in early August.

However, the Yorkshire club have won their first four league games, reducing the deficit to minus three points.

Looks like things the authoities are enjoying having a go at Leeds this year.

its always easy to kick someone when they are down already , but these sanctions are just a formality and wont affect them , other than by giving yet another boost to their fighting spirit.

leeds will be a big team again , and they will come out of all this with the respect of the footballing world , something that , for all their achievements in the past , they never had.

ridsdale , o'leary , george graham and sh1tforbrains venables , and all the rest of the managers and players who dipped their snouts in the trough when it was overflowing , you will eat your hearts out.

its always easy to kick someone when they are down already , but these sanctions are just a formality and wont affect them , other than by giving yet another boost to their fighting spirit.

leeds will be a big team again , and they will come out of all this with the respect of the footballing world , something that , for all their achievements in the past , they never had.

ridsdale , o'leary , george graham and sh1tforbrains venables , and all the rest of the managers and players who dipped their snouts in the trough when it was overflowing , you will eat your hearts out.

I'd certainly agree with what you are saying, and I think that Leeds will certainly find the respect that they never had in the past. Sometimes a bit of adversity makes people appreciate things a little more.

Great teams that they have had, they have always been tinged with a bad reputation off the field with their fans and on the field with the cynical nature of their play back in the 70's. BTW, I have had plaenty of discussions with my old man (a true connesiur of football) in the past about Leeds, and although neither of us are Leeds fans, we certainly agreed that they couldn't half play some decent football back in those Revie times. The last league win, was also a great acheivement back in 1992, although it made me sick to the bone :o and probably never got or still gets the recognition that it deserved.

You mean almost 27000. Crowd was higher than last week. 26877.

Lord Mawhinney and fellow FL Chairman . . thank you for your disgustingly self-interested points sanction. It might have been the most biased and self-serving penalty ever in the administration of English football, but it has served a much more important service that you tossers could never have dreamed of.

It's reinvigorated the Leeds spirit. For that, myself and Leeds fans worldwide thank you.

Bristol Rovers 0-3 Leeds

Jermaine Beckford scored twice as Leeds made it six wins out of six and moved off the bottom of League One.

Beckford put the visitors ahead with a flicked volley from Seb Carole's ninth-minute cross.

Rovers trio Craig Disley, Andy Williams and Lewis Haldane were off target with headers before Tresor Kandol converted David Prutton's cross on 77 minutes.

Beckford's overhead kick made it 3-0 as Leeds scored their first points after wiping out a 15-point penalty.

bbc sport.

another convincing win for leeds.

onwards and upwards !!

:o 0----------3

Well men not in my dreams did I for one moment think that the Leeds team would be off the bottom so soon so I have decided to change my prediction from 8th to 4th and go up on the play offs.

Lets see if they can send Swansea the same way as the rest 2-------0

29000 people there

Going up together

Leeds FOR EVER.

Just keeps getting better our two up front are on fire and the crowds are phenomenal.

Who would have thought it. I didn't think we would win the league this year but now I am starting to believe.

It's starting to feel like our recovery after Wilko was appointed, and we went on to win the 2nd Division title.

It's good to feel optimistic again about my football club after all the doom and gloom of the summer. Another couple of weeks and the 15 point penalty will be forgotten.

Nobody likes us and we don't care, WE ARE LEEDS. MARCHING ON TOGETHER.

7 on the bounce, Fantastic (29,456)

MOT

I was never exactly a Leeds admirer, reflecting as they did the worste aspects of football and supporters. Attacking old and disabled Ipswich supporters last season was never my forte.

Bur compared to the bluescum of today... then at least they have a loyal following.

Can't say that I am a fan of Leeds in the slightest, but full respect to them for the blistering start they have made. If they hadn't had those points docked they'd be 5 points clear at the top.

I thought they might sneak a play-off this season, but at this rate they could even go up as Champions. It's also good to see the support they are getting even in that division. Think if it was Chelski in a similar position the gates would be around 15,000.

I think that Mawhinney is deserving a nice present, as he is your motivational guru :o

If they hadn't had those points docked they'd be 5 points clear at the top.

Talking of which. I heard somewhere (the pub :o ) that Leeds have an hearing today, with the possibility of getting some (if not all the points) back. Anybody else heard or can confirm this?

Respect where it's due, the crowds are pretty good considering the division Leeds are in. Which division is it again? Oh yeah ... the 3rd division.

If they hadn't had those points docked they'd be 5 points clear at the top.

Talking of which. I heard somewhere (the pub :o ) that Leeds have an hearing today, with the possibility of getting some (if not all the points) back. Anybody else heard or can confirm this?

I heard the same MrBJ. I hope it gets thrown out & increased by an extra 100 :D

From the Yorkshire Evening Post-

According to The EP Leeds First & County, Leeds United are waiting to discover whether the battle to overturn their 15-point penalty has won the support of the Football Association.

United's demand for a review of their Football League sanction was discussed at an FA board meeting in London yesterday after Leeds appealed to the Association for help in fighting the punishment.

The 15-point deduction was one of several items on the FA's agenda and United are expected to learn later this week whether the FA will recommend an independent assessment of the League's sanction.

Leeds were originally penalised by the Football League on August 3 after exiting administration without a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

The club believed rules relating to exceptional circumstances would allow them to regain their membership of the League without punishment, and United's anger at the penalty increased after a majority of Football League clubs voted to reject their appeal at a hearing in London six days later.

Elland Road chairman Ken Bates has hinted that he would be willing to accept the punishment if the League's ruling is supported by an independent panel, and the FA are considering his argument after the 75-year-old sent documents stating his case to Soho Square last month.

The Association's board does not have the authority to reverse the League's decision outright, but the dispute may now be passed to their regulatory department for further consideration following yesterday's meeting. United hope an independent tribunal will then be asked to arbitrate.

The FA's 14-man board includes Football League chairman Lord Brian Mawhinney and Ipswich Town chairman David Sheepshanks, along with four other representatives of the professional game.

It is not known whether Sheepshanks voted against United's appeal last month but Bates claimed he had been informed that, while Mawhinney and Sheepshanks were free to attend yesterday meeting, neither man would be allowed to contribute to the discussion of the 15-point penalty due to a potential conflict of interest.

Manchester United chief executive David Gill, Bolton chairman Phil Gartside,

Blackburn Rovers director Robert Coar and Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards are also members of the board, and both FA chairman Geoff Thompson and chief executive Brian Barwick are believed to have attended yesterday's meeting.

Bates has insisted previously that United adhered to Football League rules when ending their spell in administration, despite the club's failure to implement an approved CVA.

The situation represented the first occasion that the League has used the exceptional circumstances clause to return a club's Football League share without a CVA.

The Association is not expected to comment publicly on the outcome of yesterday's meeting, but it is likely to contact Leeds this week to confirm whether or not they intend to back the League's judgement.

A spokesman for the FA said: "The full details of the discussions will be passed on in correspondence with the club."

FA <deleted>

'Leeds United have been informed by the Football Association that they do not believe it appropriate for there to be any further inquiry into the decision and the process adopted by the Football League surrounding the club's 15-point deduction.

Chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "We are amazed that the Football Association do not feel it is appropriate to intervene in a matter which we believe is fundamentally wrong, and sets a dangerous precedent for the future.

"We will fully reflect on this surprising decision and are taking the advice of our legal team. We will not be making any further comment at this time."

######'em, we'll still go up as champions.

MOT

FA <deleted>

'Leeds United have been informed by the Football Association that they do not believe it appropriate for there to be any further inquiry into the decision and the process adopted by the Football League surrounding the club's 15-point deduction.

Chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "We are amazed that the Football Association do not feel it is appropriate to intervene in a matter which we believe is fundamentally wrong, and sets a dangerous precedent for the future.

"We will fully reflect on this surprising decision and are taking the advice of our legal team. We will not be making any further comment at this time."

######'em, we'll still go up as champions.

MOT

Never mind :o:D:D:D

Come on you Reds :D

Oldham 0-1 Leeds

Ian Westlake's last-minute winner gave Leeds a dramatic victory over Oldham.

Westlake came off the bench seconds before scoring with an explosive volley after Sebastien Carole's cross was not properly cleared by the Latics.

The visitors had earlier seen good chances for Mark De Vries and Wayne Andrews go astray as Oldham clung on.

Oldham keeper Mark Crossley also tipped a David Prutton header over the bar, while the home side never seriously tested Leeds keeper Casper Ankergren.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...v_2/7019589.stm

Up to 14th now.

Cheers