Thai Inventions.

zappa

All innovations and clever gimicks so far, but no real inventions :D

List of notable Thai "Inventions":

explanations of hidden assets

missing forests

personal property in excess of declared income

reasons for not catching absconding politicians/civil servants /policemen/ oh and criminals

reasons for not solving crimes

university qualifications

C.V's

military budget justifications

inability to clamp down on human trafficking/drug trafficking/intellectual copyright/human rights abuses/

Inability to uphold various constitutions

coup justifications

justifications for territorial disputes

social and political history

genetic/migrational history

family tree/pedigree

written language development

explanations of use of housekeeping money

need to pay for extended family illnesses/damaged motorcycles

new family members

reappearing family members

threats to thai culture/nationhood

:)

Please feel free to add more....

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that most of you guys are just taking the pi*s.

But Thailand/Thais have never come up with an invention of any merit (and if your talking of Tom Yum yer just talking sh*t)

There is/has never been a Thai who could even comprehend the thinking of people like Rutherford, Whittle, Stevenson, Bell, Erickson, Marconi, Michaelangelo, the list is endless.

With all due respect to the thinkers of the realm "they just don't / can't cut it with anyone of any note.

AND they never will until they teach people how to think of how to find the answers rather than show them the formula's and how to find the answers. (2+2 = 4 but why)

Sad, but true.

• 1 year later...

That thread is 5 years old and I seems to me, that the posters from before were much more relaxed and imaginative then the average poster is today.

look back and see how many contributors are now banned.

Since it's a pretty much a Chinese colony, may as well credit them into the Chinese invention fold. Kind of the same way some westerners like fold all 'western' inventions regardless of nationality into one group.

In the end though, IMO it doesn't matter what you come up with, it's what you do with any particular concept.

:)

There are two inventions I can think of...

1) I'm not sure if the Thais invented the device I will call, (for want of a better explanation) the bottom-squirter. It's an excellent invention and I wish they'd have had it in other countries. It helps to stay clean in the shitty land of smells.

2) They invented the device that turns foreign men into ATM machines.

How about those?

Edited by sambai

Thai writing follows Sanskrit (from India), not a Thai invention.

The consonants and vowels come from India. Tone marks seem to be a Thai invention. Khmer and Mon didn't need them, and they're a recent introduction in Shan.

The Thai language is a fusion of Sanskrit and heavily influenced Khmer.

This Thread is another great example of Thai bashing that is a norm on this forum.

All one has to do is enter "Thai Inventions" on search and you will get your answer.

Cheers::)

Edited by bonobo
removed sentence which alludes to racism by a particular demographicic

This Thread is another great example of Thai bashing that is a norm on this forum.

All one has to do is enter "Thai Inventions" on search and you will get your answer.

I just answered a post that states Thais are Racist, This forum is proof that it is the Falangs that are the racist,.

You are absolutely correct, kikoman. I've never understood the mentality of the folks that post here. I'm rather certain (like 100%) that none of the schmucks posting on this thread ever invented anything or contributed in any way, shape, or form to modern society. Yet, they're just so giddy about taking credit for someone else's work. As an American, do I get to take credit for all that America and Americans have done? Heck no! But these other folks do so with no shame. FLASH ALERT: All the inventions of the past several centuries, whether it be China, or Britain, or Roman, or Egyptian, or whomever, YOU TV POSTERS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. YOU CONTRIBUTED NOTHING.

Berkshire,

Your post is correct, I do not see how most of these "anti Thai" posters choose to remain in the country, that they say is so unfair, Talk with your feet, no one is paying you to stay here.

Yes you are right I am a Thai lover, and see myself as part of this country . that I chose to live in as a "Guest" for the last 10 years.

Edited by kikoman

I do not see how most of these "anti Thai" posters choose to remain in the country, that they say is so unfair, Talk with your feet, no one is paying you to stay here.

Ah, yes. The great Farang paradox. Can't stand the place, but insist on residing here. A sociopathic disease, perhaps?

These type of threads are usually started with the intention of poking fun at Thai People and Thailand as a whole, a chance for Farangs to feel superior.

Generally started by people who are very unhappy in Thailand, yet somehow cannot leave.

These people make a total hash of their lives through very poor decision making and bad planning, then blame all things Thai when it goes pear shaped.

I don't know any financially secure people here who do nothing but complain and find fault in everything Thai, but the guys who are here living on a shoestring budget seem to complain a lot. The financially secure people can leave and they know it, the shoestring budget crowd can't just pack up and go elsewhere because they have invested just about everything they have into the dream they once had and are now stuck in a nightmare.

Don't Blame Thailand for your poor decision making, blame yourselves, you made the decisions. smile.gif

Edited by sillyman99
  • Like 1

tried to google some inventions.

are a silk bullet proof vest: Sujira Khojimate of the Bangkok-based Rajamangala Institute of Technology

a lightweight sampling loom: Sathit Putachaiyong, deputy-director for research and training at the Rajamangala Institute of Technology at Bangkok

Royally-granted Chaipattana Aerator": His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej

see aerator

Thai Automated Inspection and Punching Machine:Dr.Korntham Sathirakul, Mr.Bantoon Srisuwan and Mr.Singha Leeraphan, an MTEC's researcher: Dr. Wannee Chinsirikul

text related to :

Foreigners often think that because Thai people, like many other Southeast Asian people, tend to keep silent, smile and act politely in the presence of foreigners, that they do not have any ideas of their own and the lack of inventions fits this stereotype.

This is a little bit unfair since as David Wyatt points out in his book, Siam in Mind, poor Thai people have been creative in using bamboo and their own bodies to create traps and martial arts to find ways to protect themselves against armed invaders. People in Thailand also accurately calculated the calendar at an early date, before many European peoples, so that they would know when the monsoon was due to arrive. However, the long-tail boat is considered to be the last such invention that is internationally known.

I must agree that Thais are very creative at useing their bodies, lots of BG are sat on a fortune.

These type of threads are usually started with the intention of poking fun at Thai People and Thailand as a whole, a chance for Farangs to feel superior.

Generally started by people who are very unhappy in Thailand, yet somehow cannot leave.

These people make a total hash of their lives through very poor decision making and bad planning, then blame all things Thai when it goes pear shaped.

I don't know any financially secure people here who do nothing but complain and find fault in everything Thai, but the guys who are here living on a shoestring budget seem to complain a lot. The financially secure people can leave and they know it, the shoestring budget crowd can't just pack up and go elsewhere because they have invested just about everything they have into the dream they once had and are now stuck in a nightmare.

Don't Blame Thailand for your poor decision making, blame yourselves, you made the decisions. smile.gif

Bit heavy bro

I just answered a post that states Thais are Racist, This forum is proof that it is the Falangs that are the racist,.

You are absolutely correct, kikoman. I've never understood the mentality of the folks that post here. I'm rather certain (like 100%) that none of the schmucks posting on this thread ever invented anything or contributed in any way, shape, or form to modern society. Yet, they're just so giddy about taking credit for someone else's work. As an American, do I get to take credit for all that America and Americans have done? Heck no! But these other folks do so with no shame. FLASH ALERT: All the inventions of the past several centuries, whether it be China, or Britain, or Roman, or Egyptian, or whomever, YOU TV POSTERS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. YOU CONTRIBUTED NOTHING.

As a recipient of a US patent, with the number and certificate which were issued by the patent office, I would take exception to your 100% certainty, and flash alert. Just another example of a statement by a very uninformed individual. You would probably be surprised at the people who have made a contribution to society, business, science, medicine, etc who do not beat their own drum, nor do they make statements as though they were fact, on a topic, which they are not familiar.