Moving To Khon Kaen

omlagus

:o I shall be moving to Khon Kaen in 4-8weeks but going for a visit in a couple weeks to look around. Does anyone have any ideas of where to look for a 2Bed Gaff? If possible somewhere not too far from a local market so the missus can walk or take a short tuk-tuk ride their with our new born son. I've never been to KK before but have a map ready for my visit. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I take it your missus isn't from Khon Kaen?

Everyone asks me if I am married, then is my wife from KK. She isn't, she is from Lopburi, but business took her here.

I can't help you yet, but I will ask a few people tonight.

I pay 3000 baht a month for a reasonable house 10min out of town.

I would rent a cheap place at first until you find the place you want. That is what I usually do in a new area. Then you can get locals to lok for you.

There is a web site called

http://www.khonkaen.com

try a message on there.

I have a vague recollection that the owner of Eric's Bar is trying to get property on his web site. Sorry, don't have a web address for this bar but you should be able to get it on KhonKaen.com

I rented a 2 bedroom place near the sports stadium. But it was noisy with nearby houses rented to 250 students per house. OK, maybe not, but it seems ed that many motorbikes were there at any given time.

Then I built a bungalow 10 minutes from town. Best thing I ever did (other than marrying 'er indoors)

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the replies! I was up in KK last week and was quite taken by the place. It almost seemed like i was in a different country, very nice.

I hired a motorbike for a day and got lost quite a lot but still never saw any phone numbers on houses or signs advertising. I've already tried the Kk website and Eric's, well okay if you've got the money!

I'm going back to Kk the end of next month cos the missus needs to move before me. By the way she's from Udon Thani.

Thank's again.

KhonKaen is indeed a great place to live, we live 12 kilometeres from town in a villiage (when there) and for us it's perfect.

There are 3 expats bars there Erics, the #1 Bar and Sevens.

Get onto the KK site, they are having an expats meeting really soon so you maybe able to make some connections.

KhonKaen is indeed a great place to live, we live 12 kilometeres from town in a villiage (when there) and for us it's perfect.

There are 3 expats bars there Erics, the #1 Bar and Sevens.

Get onto the KK site, they are having an expats meeting really soon so you maybe able to make some connections.

Hey Bronco...have you left Adelaide for good?

Be careful of low land and flash flooding in some areas, downtown it is almost imposible to get rid of the rats as there are many empty buildings. If you play golf there are several nieborhoods north and east of KKU. some are noisy from collage kids but most are not, from their you can access the back gate of the army base and play golf or hit balls at the range cheep. I think every neiborhood in kk has a little market for fresh food and the night market downtown has everything in the middle of the night. I would look to get around one of the 7/11s cause they are open all night if you need anything.