BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
hmficc

New Drug - Chantix

It works great. After about a week you lose all interest in smoking. It works by blocking the receptors in the brain the smokes light up. Down side $$$ about $120 a month. And about 30% of people have upset tummy-mild. Not sold in Thailand. Do not know about EU. more info : XXXXX

It works great. After about a week you lose all interest in smoking. It works by blocking the receptors in the brain the smokes light up. Down side $$$ about $120 a month. And about 30% of people have upset tummy-mild. Not sold in Thailand. Do not know about EU. more info : xxxxx

Generic version at Silom 380Baht/month supply.

Nice try

Can you please tell me exactly where you can purchase this generic version of Chantrix on Silom, or anywhere else in Bangkok for that matter.

Kind regards FV (heavy smoker)

• Like 1

Oleg_Rus, I would like the info on where and what this generic form of Chantix can be bought in Thailand. Is it sold by a real pharmacy or just a hole in the wall operation that sells iffy copies of real medicines?

Chantix (Vareniclise) is amazing. It realy does work. I'm 7 weeks clean and it ( smoking) was "wipped" from my mind ( after a couples on the pill) and I know I no going back. Now the fact that I'm growing a third arm out my back....(joke :o )

It is pricy, but heck my lungs feel better and I can taste food again!

My 2 cents

PLEASE tell us WHERE in Silom!! Thanks!

I wrote to Pfizer Thailand last year and was told it was expected here about now. PLEASE! (And 380 baht does not sound like it would be Pfizer but do also tell where the manufacturer was for the Silom product -- and assure us it worked for you! I am not at all below using generics ... in fact, prefer it if they are good products!)

It works great. After about a week you lose all interest in smoking. It works by blocking the receptors in the brain the smokes light up. Down side $$$ about $120 a month. And about 30% of people have upset tummy-mild. Not sold in Thailand. Do not know about EU. more info : XXXXX

I wrote again to Pfizer here in LOS, about the availability of CHANTRIX, as yet have not heard back from them.... maybe a few more could ask??

I went to sleep on a Friday night about two weeks ago and told myself I had just smoked my last cigarette - after smoking up to two packs a day for the past 42 years the idea of stopping seemed improbable. Now, two weeks on I have not smoked and have not wanted to and I'm surprised at how easy the whole process is. My mood is much better and I am much happier, I can breathe more completely and I can taste food once again - interestingly also is the fact that that the surface of my skin is no longer constantly salty when I perspire hence my bed sheets no longer have that stained appearance from sweating at night. Yes I eat more but I balance that with more exercise and no I am not cranky, if anything I am far more happier than before. It's an odd set of sensations and not a bit like I thought it would be - forget Champix et al and just stop, it really is quite a pleasant experience and I'm asking myself why I didn't do this sooner.

• Like 1

All I can say is that I, a 35-year smoker, started Chantix back in February (took it for 2 of the 3 month course) and haven't had a cigarette since. With my health insurance it cost about $30 a month. In the past I've tried the patch, the gum and the lozenges. I was prepared for a relapse when I visited Thailand back in March as almost everyone I know in Thailand is a smoker, but I just didn't have the desire for a cig. I did have mild side effects - light nausea within an hour of taking the tablet and the "vivid" dreams. Did not suffer any serious depression or aggressive thoughts. But those considering Chantix/varenicline definitely should read the FDA links previously posted as well as this article: Chantix safety at the US Veterans Affairs Health Service

Edited by rampo

I'd love to quit smoking. It seems like everybody on this forum that has tried the new drug has quit. It's really that effective? Any side effect that members have experienced?

I have been smoke free for 3 weeks as of today and I went off the wagon... again. I am desperate to try anything is this 'silom' real? Or is this a joke? I know Chantix is real however as Chantix is a new drug and not off patient I know there is no actual generic so, what is silom?

I have been smoke free for 3 weeks as of today and I went off the wagon... again. I am desperate to try anything is this 'silom' real? Or is this a joke? I know Chantix is real however as Chantix is a new drug and not off patient I know there is no actual generic so, what is silom?

Silom is a street in Bangkok, the poster who mentioned Silom was trying to say that Chantix can be bought somewhere on Silom (Road).

However the fact that he/she said no more makes me wonder if they where telling the truth. If chantix was available in Bangkok then I think that we would know by now.

• Like 1

My doctor advised me to take up smoking again after I suffered severe depression after taking Champix. Be very careful with it.

The drug is called Champix here and Chantrix in the sates (why...I have no idea).

It IS avalable in Thailand. Although the Doctors still dont know much about it. I got it from Bumrungrad, over 4,500 Baht for a 5 week supply, not cheap...but what price is your health worth?

I am on day 10....if I have a ciggarette now I feel physically sick......so I am getting there...but its a slow process, but then I was on 40 a day !

• Like 2