BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
hmficc

New Drug - Chantix

I'm now more than 5 years a non-smoker, thanks to a 3 weeks therapy with Quomen.

thumbsup.gif

By taking this drug you're exchanging one drug for another, using this method is not correcting the problem, it's simply masking it. I am no expert in addiction so I can only sympathize with your problem and wish you the best of luck. i only want to warn others of the dangers that drugs present and the ineffectiveness to fix the long term problem.

Smoking I'm sure is like any other chemical dependency stay away long enough, program your mind, seek a support system, and live determined to be healthy then your chances of relapse have got to be low. Good job on your no smoking efforts.

You sure aren't an expert. I smoked for 40 years, after 3 weeks of taking Chantix I lost all desire for cigarettes. Stopped taking Chantix 2 weeks later and haven't smoked since. I did NOT 'exchange one drug for another' - it masked the awful withdrawal symptoms and made it possible for me to quit.

It is a wonderful aid to breaking one of the worst addictions known. If you haven't experienced it, why would you presume to dictate what others should feel or do?

I recommend it without reservation, and as a recovered alcoholic and addict who beat Nicotine I know <deleted> I'm talking about.