Mushy Peas In Buriram

toddy

I cannot believe it ... that shop on Bulamduan Road have actually got Mushy Peas now and Steak and Kidney Pies - so much stuff - even pizzas and Mexican food. Their beer stock is getting better all the time too - Victoria Bitter, Budweiser, Warsteiner, Miller MGM to name but a few. Where in Thailand in one shop can you go and buy what I bought yesterday - Black Pudding, Pork Pie, Cheese/Branston Sandwiches, Macaroni Cheese, a bottle of decent wine, a couple of bottles of Marmite and a frozen leg of lamb. Get down there - lets not lose this one!

When in Thailand eat Thaifood.

I agree goofy, when i am in Thai i only eat thai food !!

I personally never go in any italian restaurant. Only thai restaurant !!

Thai lady are very well shaping , not like my countryside girls. Better thai food then for me and for my " hope next wife " :o:D

:o Hi ,

it's funny to read all the different meanings !

Everyone can eat what he want Thai in Europe, Italian in Thailand, German in England and, andand....

People ( Farang), wich lives in Isan, more then 6 month are happy to find a Shop where ou get all this delicious things. Someone maybe disagree , it' up to him , but don't tell other pele what they have to eat.

I like to know, the Shop in Buriram they have E-mail ????

nongfrank

Mushy peas. A famous Yorkshire delicacy.

The finest are made from dried marrowfat peas, soaked overnight in water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Then washed and cooked with water, another teaspoon of bicarb for around 45 mins to an hour, stirring virtually continuously to prevent burning and adding more water as necessary. The consistancy of the finished product should be that of mashed potatoes (with no hard bits).

Serve with fish and chips, pork pies or pasties. Don't serve with chillis and leave the toilet door unlocked the following morning.

:o

As to Marmite, I'll leave that for the aussies to explain.

This post is hysterical.. :o

I'm a Brit now living in California.. but visit LOS a lot, and have been to BuriRam.

I'd fogotten about mushy peas.. and had NO idea how to make them. !

The juxtaposition of mushy peas and BuriRam is too funny...

Thanks jayenram.!! and all you others. Made my day.

:D

Yeast extract (english variety) is a spread used (by the soapdodgers) on toast and in broths (and maybe other unpalatable things).

I can't use it's correct name as it's a banned subject.

IMHO yeast extract (Oz) variety is a superior product and on my recent trip to LOS brought 2 * 500gm jars which was demolished very quickly by all the rellies in villiage. :o

Yeast extract (english variety) is a spread used (by the soapdodgers) on toast and in broths (and maybe other unpalatable things).

I can't use it's correct name as it's a banned subject.

Do you mean dripping?

My mum always had a bowl of the stuff - I think it was the fat poured out of the tray from the Sunday roast.

What do you mean YORKSHIRE DELICACY :o

In WIGAN :D pie & peas (mushy) are as important as breathing. :D

How could you treat such an IMPORTANT thing like mushy peas with out -waying- in respect. :D

The next thing you will be saying there is anywhere else in the world to buy Pies.

Edd :D

Aaarrgghhhh! Sacrilege! Marmite is not Australian!! It's English (with a bit of help from the Dutch, French and Germans):

http://www.marmite.com/marmite/his5.html

But down here in Phuket, I can only find Vegemite, and I must say it tastes bl00dy good! Thanks Aussies for that!

What about Farrows Marrowfat Peas?? Where can I get them?? :o

• 2 weeks later...

The Yanks still need a little help with the mushy peas thing.

What are "marrowfat peas?" In the US we have peas, which are round and green, even when dried. We eat them without drying as a veggie, and after they are dried we use them to make split peas soup.

Then we have various varieties of beans, from navy beans to great northern beans to lima beans. It sure sounds like a dried navy bean recipe to me. In fact, it's overcooked baked beans done on the stovetop instead of in the oven. For those who care, the baking is only the final step of the process, and is done after the beans are already cooked to tenderness.

What are "marrowfat peas?"  In the US we have peas, which are round and green, even when dried.  We eat them without drying as a veggie, and after they are dried we use them to make split peas soup.

Hhhhhhmmmmm.... Marrow fat peas.............

Check 'em out here:

http://www.google.com/search?lr=&sourceid=...arrowfat%20Peas

These peas are BIG, processed peas. They don't taste much like a fresh garden pea - in fact, they don't taste like peas at all! But I love 'em, and lots of Brits love 'em too.

Aaaahhh, marrowfat peas............ :o

• 3 months later...

The finest are made from dried marrowfat peas, soaked overnight in water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Then washed and cooked with water, another teaspoon of bicarb for around 45 mins to an hour, stirring virtually continuously to prevent burning and adding more water as necessary. The consistancy of the finished product should be that of mashed potatoes (with no hard bits).

Serve with fish and chips, pork pies or pasties. Don't serve with chillis and leave the toilet door unlocked the following morning.

:o

My bloody mushypeas were made by javenram himself

Our local pub does mushys with the old Jellied eels,a big dollop of mash and all covered in a runny bisto gravy.

If you want to be really traditional then you go for the "liquor"topping instead :D

....u dont wana know its ingredients :o

luv-lay, jub-lay.. grub.

Re: eating Thai food in LOS the only time ever get into a Mac.Ds is when I am in Bangers.....(soi 19).....what with using the left over rice here to fix the bathroom tiles on the wall and the keo-wan coming out of my ears....jings ... we all need a break sometimes... :D

I cannot believe it ... that shop on Bulamduan Road have actually got Mushy Peas now and Steak and Kidney Pies - so much stuff - even pizzas and Mexican food. Their beer stock is getting better all the time too - Victoria Bitter, Budweiser, Warsteiner, Miller MGM to name but a few. Where in Thailand in one shop can you go and buy what I bought yesterday - Black Pudding, Pork Pie, Cheese/Branston Sandwiches, Macaroni Cheese, a bottle of decent wine, a couple of bottles of Marmite and a frozen leg of lamb. Get down there - lets not lose this one!

just down the road in Surin that's where. Mathew,who has the shop in Buriram & myself in Surin often meet and swap ideas of what we can do. We both advertise each others places and quite often supply each other.