First Time To Krabi

mark henry

Sorry, not a very original post i know but can anyone recommend where to go and stay in the krabi area? My wife (Thai) and i will have a week there in April next year. We would prefere some where not too far from a beach with plenty to do during the day and night. Lek enjoys shopping! but will do pretty much what ever i do as well. I enjoy exploring caves, beaches, forests and tours ect and am up for some active entertainment in the evenings too.

Heres the tricky bit we can't afford much more than 1000 baht a night (maybe 1200 at a push) for accommodation and ideally want some where "pretty" rather than a drab back street hotel but i recognise beggers can't be choosers.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers mark & Lek

Sorry, not a very original post i know but can anyone recommend where to go and stay in the krabi area? My wife (Thai) and i will have a week there in April next year. We would prefere some where not too far from a beach with plenty to do during the day and night. Lek enjoys shopping! but will do pretty much what ever i do as well. I enjoy exploring caves, beaches, forests and tours ect and am up for some active entertainment in the evenings too.

Heres the tricky bit we can't afford much more than 1000 baht a night (maybe 1200 at a push) for accommodation and ideally want some where "pretty" rather than a drab back street hotel but i recognise beggers can't be choosers.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers mark & Lek

Best budget deal is at Verandah Hotel in Ao Nang.

3 minutes from the beach. Spacious clean rooms. As from 21.4.07 Baht 740,- night incl breakfast buffet.

Can use the swimming pool of next door resort. look at directrooms for booking.

cheers

onzestan

Any help appreciated.

Cheers mark & Lek

Best budget deal is at Verandah Hotel in Ao Nang.

3 minutes from the beach. Spacious clean rooms. As from 21.4.07 Baht 740,- night incl breakfast buffet.

Can use the swimming pool of next door resort. look at directrooms for booking.

cheers

onzestan

Thankyou onzestan, it'll do fine, not "pretty" but near the beach and cheap! have gone ahead and booked. Thanks again

Thankyou onzestan, it'll do fine, not "pretty" but near the beach and cheap! have gone ahead and booked. Thanks again

Your welcome,

As stated earlier you are welcome to use the facilities of the "Peace Laguna Resort" which are really - pretty - since the Verandah is from the same group but catering to the budget travelers.

I'm sure you'll like it.

cheers

onzestan

Your welcome,

As stated earlier you are welcome to use the facilities of the "Peace Laguna Resort" which are really - pretty - since the Verandah is from the same group but catering to the budget travelers.

I'm sure you'll like it.

cheers

onzestan

Just in case you'd like another suggestion, I would recommend the Krabi Heritage Hotel. My wife and I were looking for something cheaper than the Krabi Resort where we stayed for two nights. We took a walk and looked at both the Peace Laguna Resort and the Verandah Hotel. We then took a look at the Krabi Heritage Hotel which is next to the Verandah Hotel. At the time, the Verandah was asking for 1000 baht (maybe because we walked in). For the same price (off season this July) we got a bigger and better room. The Heritage Hotel is only 4 years old and has its own pool. We opted for a room with a great view of the ocean on the 4th floor for an extra 200 baht. In addition, the included breakfast was wonderful. See my post in this forum asking about good breakfasts.

I don't have any association with this hotel so I suggest you book a few nights at the Verandah and take a walk over to the Krabi Heritage Hotel and compare. You get a king size bed at the Heritage and it has both a shower and a bathtub which since we had two kids was fantastic. The kids prefer baths. We did have to pay an extra 100 baht for my son's breakfast since he was 6 years old. My 4 year old daughter wasn't charged.

If you booked for 740 baht, then you definitely have a good deal IMHO. We were ready to stay at the Verandah until we checked out the Heritage.