Learning English And Teaching English

Bizz

Been wondering how to help Gf stay in country for 3 months and came accross this site http://www.ucc.ie/esol/ and am thinking of enroling her , also as i may want to work when i am in LOS they also have english teaching courses and as they are part time i was thinmking that this might suit me.

Teachers views on these courses would be helpfull as i can continue to run my business and learn at the same time and profit on the time waiting for my divorce to come.

IS*ENT LIFE GREAT.

Iwas feeling down and lonesome till i came across this site and each day it has lifted my spirit to new levels.

Thanks GUYS AND GIRLS. :o:D

Hi Bizz,

I'm a teacher with 18 years in the trade, now about to take up a position in LOS.

A good quality TEFL course wuith certificate would definitely stand you in very good stead for work in Thailand. You'd have the flexibility to pick and choose your place of employment and hours and probably would command better pay. The vast majority of jobs are in Bangkok though; if you were to settle in a rural area it might be more difficult but you'd still have the edge on unqualified wannabees.

I'd assume the course doesn't come cheap but if that's not a problem for you it would be money well spent.

I also don't know about whether enrolling your TGF smooths the way to getting her a visa but assuming all goes okay I'd imagine it would be money and time well invested for both of you. Good luck. :o

Thanks andyinkat. Its true all you got to do is ask. Have sent emails requesting information on enroling.

Luckally i have retained my patience true the years so me thinks i may give it a go.

:o

CELTA is the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, one of the world's foremost initial qualifications for people who wish to become professional teachers of English language. It is accepted throughout the world by organisations which employ English language teachers.

Most candidates see CELTA as the starting point of a long-term career in English language teaching. CELTA is suitable for those who wish to work in the field of ELT either within or outside their own country. Some candidates may have a short-term motive for teaching English and enroll on a CELTA course to gain the confidence and skills to teach English professionally.

CELTA courses are designed for people with no previous teaching experience. During the course, candidates develop familiarity with the principles of effective teaching and a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners. The course includes teaching practice, observation of experienced teachers in the classroom and completion of a range of practically focussed written assignments.

More than 7,000 candidates complete a CELTA course each year.

For more information on the CELTA courses, why not visit the official CELTA website.

For more specific information about this course you can contact:

Course Director: Cathy Gannon Tel. 0035321 4903883

DATES FOR CELTA 2004

Part Time: September-10th December 2004

Days: Wednesday and Friday 9.30-5.30

Price: E1550. Full payment required by Friday 27th August

Interviews: To take place up to Friday 20th August by pre-arrangement with CELTA tutors

Well 1550 euros isent bad