Used Parts Garage Or Shop

Hi,

The gearbox on my honda is now reaching the end of it's lifespan and I'd like to get some reccomendations from fellow members who knows or have had their gearbox replaced. Anyone know of a good garage? Also, if you've got this done, can you say how much you paid for it?

Almost forgot, currently located in bangkok.

Thanks.

Hi,

The gearbox on my honda is now reaching the end of it's lifespan and I'd like to get some reccomendations from fellow members who knows or have had their gearbox replaced. Anyone know of a good garage? Also, if you've got this done, can you say how much you paid for it?

Thanks.

I'll answer my question for those interested...

After UTSE (thanks Skyline), I decided to trek down to Cheang Khong (the one behind MBK). This place is huge and you'll certainly get any part you're looking for if you have the time. I brought a thai friend along as my thai is very basic. Very important for anyone going there. After looking around, we decided on a shop that specialized in engines and gearboxes. They only sold them, no service for installation but they hooked us up with a mechanic who had a shop a few hundreds meters away. So paid for the gearbox and drove the car to the other shop/ mechanic where i left it overnight. Picked it up this morning and it drives like I just put a new one in.

Total damage, 9,000 bht for the gearbox and 2,500 bht for the service. You just can't beat that price. Had I serviced it in Honda, it would have cost four times the amount and would take three weeks. Of course the proccess is different as they would overhaul it but I just couldn't justify spending that much.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this experience.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Thanks.

I'll answer my question for those interested...

After UTSE (thanks Skyline), I decided to trek down to Cheang Khong (the one behind MBK). This place is huge and you'll certainly get any part you're looking for if you have the time. I brought a thai friend along as my thai is very basic. Very important for anyone going there. After looking around, we decided on a shop that specialized in engines and gearboxes. They only sold them, no service for installation but they hooked us up with a mechanic who had a shop a few hundreds meters away. So paid for the gearbox and drove the car to the other shop/ mechanic where i left it overnight. Picked it up this morning and it drives like I just put a new one in.

Total damage, 9,000 bht for the gearbox and 2,500 bht for the service. You just can't beat that price. Had I serviced it in Honda, it would have cost four times the amount and would take three weeks. Of course the proccess is different as they would overhaul it but I just couldn't justify spending that much.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this experience.

Hi! I'm looking for a decent mechanic for a couple of things - can you please let me know what or where Cheang Khong is?

Thanks!