The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Well my local football team is Rochdale, a second division club. I do go and try to support them sometimes if city are away and i fancy watching a match. They played Stoke last night who are from the Championship, in the Carling Cup. Full time was 1-1 and Rochdale took the lead in extra time to make it 2-1 but Stoke equalised on 120 mins to make it 2-2 but Rochdale won after penalties beating them 4-2. Well done the Dale :o:D

Another club close to me is Bury from the Second division, unfortunately they hosted Carlisle but got beat 0-1

Seeing as the lower league clubs hardly get a mention, shall we use this thread to post all about the lickle clubs we have a fondness for but hardly ever talk about. :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well my local football team is Rochdale, a second division club. I do go and try to support them sometimes if city are away and i fancy watching a match. They played Stoke last night who are from the Championship, in the Carling Cup. Full time was 1-1 and Rochdale took the lead in extra time to make it 2-1 but Stoke equalised on 120 mins to make it 2-2 but Rochdale won after penalties beating them 4-2. Well done the Dale :o:D

Another club close to me is Bury from the Second division, unfortunately they hosted Carlisle but got beat 0-1

Seeing as the lower league clubs hardly get a mention, shall we use this thread to post all about the lickle clubs we have a fondness for but hardly ever talk about. :D

An excellent idea, my local team is Torquay United who are now in the Conference after last seasons of the field shennigens. They started off with a solid 0-0 draw with Grays at the weekend. :D It was live on Sentana apparently, so would have loved to have watched it.

I always keep a look out for Plymouth as I used to live next to Home Park, Exeter as it is the old mans club and the two Bristol clubs. Rovers had a good win last night against Palace, personally I always prefered City, but I used to drink with a number of ex and recent players and also a couple of the managers and they were a great bunch of guys.

Really hope that all of the west country teams have a great season. :D

An excellent idea, my local team is Torquay United who are now in the Conference after last seasons of the field shennigens.

I think Helen Chamberlain from Skysports Soccer AM supports Torquay :D

She certainly does, and she used to date one of the players Paul Gibbs. She also has Torquay United Tatoo on her ass, so I hear :o

Soccer AM, what a great programme, makes that croc of shit take off Soccer Crazy look like a primary school production.

Well, I have a bit of happiness and some dissapointment with last nnights results. Disappointed that Man Utd could only get a point at Pompey, but delighted to see Torquay get off the mark in some style last night with a 3-0 win at Aldershot. They have certainly got a strong enough squad there to challenge for a promotion place this season. I really hope that they can get straight back up, as if they don't it will become harder and harder to do so. Mainly, because of the geographical location and the high cost of living in South Devon it is not easy to attract players. Anyway, good on them, and I wouldn't be suprised if we are vying with our hated rivals ECFC for the promotion spot thi year. Hopefully a good season ahead for all the Devon clubs

Is THIS the thread for posting comments about Manchester United and other teams in the lower half of the Premier League???

:o

Funny, but I came here to make a quip about Sunderland (and there much larger neighbours).

Is THIS the thread for posting comments about Manchester United and other teams in the lower half of the Premier League???

:D

Funny, but I came here to make a quip about Sunderland (and there much larger neighbours).

Says he with a limited capacity in both spelling and stadium ... :o

I look out for Colchester - now my local team.

But still have a soft spot for Exeter and always watch for their results. Sorry Toady. :D

Don't worry, my old man is an Exeter fan, so you can imagine the disagreements that we have :o

:D

Says he with a limited capacity in both spelling and stadium ... :o

Now now play nice lads !

Mossfin...it's great to see the 'bald eagle' still battling away

My team , Forest, are on loan again in league one for yet another season, btw, is league one counted as lower league???

Is a bloke dressed up in womans clothes a lady? No. League one is just a new dress for Division 3, so I'd guess that is classed as a lower league. :o

My team , Forest, are on loan again in league one for yet another season, btw, is league one counted as lower league???

Is a bloke dressed up in womans clothes a lady? No. League one is just a new dress for Division 3, so I'd guess that is classed as a lower league. :o

I thought I'd test the water, you never know, somebody out there might not of known that :D

A very happy person this evening, a comfortable 3-1 win away at Northwich has sent us to the top of the conference table, and with the good squad assembled and a more settled and professional management team in place, after the disasster of Chris Roberts last year thing are starting to look good.

The signing of Lee Phillips from Exeter certainly looks like a good bit of business and might be one that the Grecians live to regret :o

I'm predicting a quick return to the football league :D

Our lot (Forest) played 3 no goals conceded no goals scored !!! Must be a thrill to watch :o

Well, at least they are consistent. Maybe Villa will sell you Harewood.

Watched your play off game v Yeovil in a pub. Can't believe the way you messed that up.

Our lot (Forest) played 3 no goals conceded no goals scored !!! Must be a thrill to watch :o

Sounds about as interesting as watching Somchai, Sparky, Somchai 2 and The Raging Flame.

You've hit the nail on the head there my friend

Well, at least they are consistent. Maybe Villa will sell you Harewood.

Watched your play off game v Yeovil in a pub. Can't believe the way you messed that up.

Harewood going to Villa did us a favour...we got 1mill quid for the sell on clause

Well, the conference is going to be a real battle this season, and the two Devon clubs are certainly going to be contenders. I just hope that the team in Yellow and Blue are victorious. :D

who actually owns Torquay nowdays ? Also does Leroy Rosenior officialy hold the record of the shortest managerial role ever ? :o

It's now a consortium fronmted by Clin Lee. Yes, I believe that Leroy was the shortest ever appointment. Pretty much sums up last season and the beginning of the close season. Thankfully, looks like they have gt their hous in order this year.

There was a very good article in Four Four Two, all about Torquay, titles "Sun Setting on Torquay", in the June issue I beleive, gives a real good insight into the shambles of last season.

Archived